World War 1 version of this game

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

tog34

World War 1 version of this game

Post by tog34 »

As the title says, I'd be really happy to see a version of this game but in a ww1 setting. I think it'd be really cool and fun to play, fits well with the gameplay style.
sad ham

RE: World War 1 version of this game

Post by sad ham »

Try to propose it in the Scenario Design and Modding section of this forum. By the way, in this moment, the best team is busy to design the napoleonic version.
The Land

Post by The Land »

It would be an interesting mod to set up and the only difficult bit would be the AI. Are there any plans for an official WW1 expansion, though? I thought I heard about some. If there are then there's no point making a mod for it....
1985 Red Storm mod - Beta testing!

Always wanted to play a "Cold War goes hot" scenario? Come and join in!
Iñaki Harrizabalagatar

Post by Iñaki Harrizabalagatar »

In the research pannel there are some slots vacant for WW1 tech, like Trench tech and shell production, so my guess is that a WW1 expansion will be coming not too late
The Land

Post by The Land »

yes, I remember seeing that - hmmm - Hubert or Bill, care to comment on what your official intentions are? :)
1985 Red Storm mod - Beta testing!

Always wanted to play a "Cold War goes hot" scenario? Come and join in!
Matto

Post by Matto »

I would like to see old SC WWI + Breakthrough (+1870 Campaign and Balkan Wars etc.) in this engine ! [8D]
Excuse my English ... I hope is better then Your Czech ... 8-)
My MatrixGames: WitP, WitP AE, WPO, JTCS, P&S, CoGEE, ATG, GoA, B.Academy, C-GW, OoB all DLCs, all SC, FoG2/E, most AGEOD games ...

bo

Post by bo »

ORIGINAL: tog34

As the title says, I'd be really happy to see a version of this game but in a ww1 setting. I think it'd be really cool and fun to play, fits well with the gameplay style.

Hope not [;)]

Bo
bo

Post by bo »

ORIGINAL: Matto

I would like to see old SC WWI + Breakthrough (+1870 Campaign and Balkan Wars etc.) in this engine ! [8D]

Isn't there enough of those type of games in the Matrix concubine without pushing it here[&:] Maybe I am wrong but this is Hubert and SC2. Expand SC2 to the Pacific theater or just maybe a good Civil war game, a war that I am familiar with, not some Balkan war that I do not think US players would be interested in, but then again what do I know [:(]

Bo
EisenHammer

Post by EisenHammer »

SC WW1 will be awesome.
Tanaka

Post by Tanaka »

Have you tried Commander: The Great War? It is kind of similar.
xwormwood

Post by xwormwood »

ORIGINAL: Tanaka

Have you tried Commander: The Great War? It is kind of similar.

I've played CTGW on my iPad, and for my taste it plays in a different league. At least one league below the older SC WW1, maybe even up to two. SC WW1 is much better.
"You will be dead, so long as you refuse to die" (George MacDonald)
Iñaki Harrizabalagatar

Post by Iñaki Harrizabalagatar »

I agree, CTGW is fun and fast, but it last very little in your pc, it is shallow, gets repetitive and doesn't feel historically right.
tog34

Post by tog34 »

I'd pay good cash for a ww1 expansion, I like how this game plays out and I think it'd work perfectly with ww1. SC1 ww1 game looks really awesome! but dated of course so I new install of that would be so so nice.

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”