A new story begins... Panzer Corps 2 has been announced!

Fans of the old Panzer General series rejoice for the release of Panzer Corps. Following in the footsteps of the popular SSI masterpiece and sharing with the General series the same level of engagement and strategic depth, Panzer Corps will keep an unmistakable "PG feeling" whilst improving and refining the gameplay and balance. Panzer Corps will feature 26 scenarios on 21 unique maps, covering most major battles of the European Theatre of World War II and including a few hypothetical 'what if' scenarios based on your actions. Now expanded with a full-war mega-campaign and the Afrika Corps and Allied Corps releases!

Moderator: MOD_PanzerCorps

AlbertoC

A new story begins... Panzer Corps 2 has been announced!

Post by AlbertoC »

[center]Image[/center]

When we released Panzer Corps six years ago, our goal was to revive a genre by going back to its roots. We worked with Flashback Games and The Lordz Games Studio and with the help of a vibrant community to create a new classic that would start a new era in wargaming. We had goals, hopes and objectives, but we couldn’t possibly imagine the impact this game would have had in the wargaming and strategy gaming communities.

The release of Panzer Corps marked the return of a long-neglected gaming formula, which we knew still had a large and loyal following. Its spectacular success brought an almost forgotten genre back into fashion, it inspired multiple clones and literally gave new life to an entire market.

After over five years of expansions, mods, challenges and tournaments, a brand-new instalment of the franchise is ready to take the strategy gaming segment by storm again. This time, with even bigger ambitions.

[center]
Watch the teaser trailer![/center]

Panzer Corps 2 is currently in development using Unreal Engine 4, to allow an impressive leap forward in both technological capabilities and visual impact. Hundreds of World War 2 units will be shown with a level of quality and detail never seen before in awargame.

The move to a fully 3D engine is a natural evolution of the game, but the core gameplay will always remain true to its roots: pay tribute to the classic gameplay of a distant golden age of strategy gaming, refine it, perfect it and use the most recent technologies to enhance these experiences and bring them to a new generation of gamers. In other words, strike the perfect balance between tradition and innovation, both in visuals and gameplay.

We will disclose more details about the game as we move through the development process, so make sure you follow us on the forum and on the Flashback Games site.
Capitaine

RE: A new story begins... Panzer Corps 2 has been announced!

Post by Capitaine »

I'm interested! Love the move to 3D. Hopefully some of the features from PG2 and PG3D are included as well... or better ones.
AceDuceTrey

Post by AceDuceTrey »

I have one desperate plea for an inclusion in this game:
The overwhelming flaw in PC was the total ignorance of the need to maintain a Command and Control link (Line of Communications- "LOC") and Material Sustainment link (Main Supply Route-MSR) that are the essence of Blitzkrieg/modern warfare (the Maneuver technique of isolating and capturing the enemy versus destroying them by fire). I.e. units would only be able to receive orders or resupply if they are within their LOC/MSR. Even if both LOC (city to city/MSR (interconnecting rails/roads) overlap as represented in the game "Order of Battle: Pacific".
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Thanks for the feedback but please post any suggestions in the Panzer Corps 2 forum:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewfor ... 0ba4b6df87
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

My favorite game of all time!!!!!! I almost play this game everyday
Zuxius

Post by Zuxius »

Can you get the "original voice" for the missions of Panzer General. That first voice was spot on.
ADMIRAL3

Post by ADMIRAL3 »

1.- When PZK2 will be delivered to the store? 2019 will be the year?
2.- Order of battle will be a strong competitor... can you draw the conceptual differences? The two games appear to me very similar..am I wrong?
ErissN6

Post by ErissN6 »

ORIGINAL: Capitaine
I'm interested! Love the move to 3D. Hopefully some of the features from PG2 and PG3D are included as well... or better ones.
I would love a remake of PG3D! It's a pity this game is 800x600, with zoomed battle unfitting the strategy needs.

Too, please devs, take some years to seriously finish Sovereignty: Crown of Kings... :/

Return to “Panzer Corps”