I Love this game but the AI

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

theonlystd

I Love this game but the AI

Post by theonlystd »

So I hadn't played in a couple years and recently stumbled onto the fact of the whole TOE system which is so awesome. That was the worst part of the game moving every single rifleman every single turn. So much micro sucked after a while in big games. Then noticed some talk about a slightly improved AI so started a game quite excited.

Big game used the TOE was happy! Smashed an unlucky Ai empire that was broken up between me and an Ai to my south.

Prepared for my first big true offensive against a equal or superior enemy. Launched my attack went ok. I expected one flank to get pushed back just because I'd left it light and they had such forces. Waited for the enemy to sim his turn and sadly noticed I'd slaughtered his attacks by in large. He attacked on that flank just did it poorly

I'm not talking good defensive positions we are talking 50 riflemen,5mortars,3 machine guns entrenched in a plain terrain. Not the most formidable defense ever.

The issue is the AI still refuses to attack from multiple directions. All it's attacks where 1 stack vs 1 stack. Which sadly was true 2 years ago? =(

And honestly as long as that doesn’t change you're basically immune to infantry attacks from the Ai with even small divisions. I know at this point this isn’t likely to change but man it would be great if the AI would attack from multiple positions when possible. It would make it so much more deadly.
Anyhow still a great game especially if you can find someone to play against!

GaryChildress

RE: I Love this game but the AI

Post by GaryChildress »

Interesting. I've had the IA attack from multiple directions simultaneously. [&:]
theonlystd

Post by theonlystd »

ORIGINAL: Gary Childress

Interesting. I've had the IA attack from multiple directions simultaneously. [&:]
Seriously? I don't think I've ever seen that in my years of playing all the way from Advanced Tactics WWII. I can't imagine what I'm doing wrong ? Does it do this alot or is it sporadic for you?
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

I'm not sure the AI does the best job of picking the right time and place to get the best results but I have had attacks from multiple directions. Most of the attacks are single direction but I've seen a significant number of cases where the AI attacked from multiple directions.
theonlystd

Post by theonlystd »

ORIGINAL: Gary Childress

I'm not sure the AI does the best job of picking the right time and place to get the best results but I have had attacks from multiple directions. Most of the attacks are single direction but I've seen a significant number of cases where the AI attacked from multiple directions.
Ahh well that's possile then.Was worried for abit!

Honestly single stack attacks should be the exception not the rule. They will so rarely work against a player.

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”