Troop Transport ships (please help)

Distant Worlds is a vast, pausable real-time, 4X space strategy game which models a "living galaxy" with incredible options for replayability and customizability. Experience the full depth and detail of large turn-based strategy games, but with the simplicity and ease of real-time, and on the scale of a massively-multiplayer online game. Now greatly enhanced with the new Universe release, which includes all four previous releases as well as the new Universe expansion!

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

Troyan90

Troop Transport ships (please help)

Post by Troyan90 »

Is there a way to change the rules for invasion of Troops? I dont like how easy you or bot can bypass orbital defence system (as Defence Base or Space Port), invade the planet and take control of both planet and theyr defences. I want to make slight delay in invasion, 30 seconds for excample.
Explaining: ship with troops on board start to unload troops on the planet, this ship must stay still at his place for 30 seconds and only after 30 seconds troops will be unloaded.

and 2nd thing. I want to change target priority for my ships and bases. If Troop Transport Ships seen in close range to any of my Planets I want to make this Troop Transport ships 100% prior target for any of my Ships, Base or Star Fighter (especially for Bases and Star Fighters). Its annoying when I loosing my planet with super strong Defence Base only becouse this stupid Defence Base dont want to attack Troop Transport ships as a priority target.
Bingeling

RE: Troop Transport ships (please help)

Post by Bingeling »

I believe the easy answers to both are "no, you can't".

Possible workarounds: Each design has a setting for how to invade ('invade when clear' and similar). If you are able to mod the game to always use that setting, the sneaky invasions will not happen. I am not sure if that is possible, though.

Changing target priority is not possible. Manually targeting defensive bases is not possible as far as I know. When I defend my planets, I micro manage. I have long range scanners that gives warning or allow me to manually spot incoming invasions. I make sure to have a fleet on top of the colony when they arrive, and manually tell my fleet members (individually or by dragging around a few) to target any close troop transport. Mix this with a decent amount of ground defense in case a few get through, and the colony survives.

There is an advanced tech (I forget the name) which puts a field where ships can not exit hyperdrive. With this "on" the defenders have more time to kill the transports before they reach the colony. I have never used it though, as my games never get that advanced :)

When it comes to defending the key colonies, it helps that there is sense to "what the AI attacks". It goes for the close targets. So there are only so many important colonies that are likely attack targets, at least if you try to keep your borders somewhat clean.
twinkypillow

RE: Troop Transport ships (please help)

Post by twinkypillow »

I know what you are saying, that can be very frustrating to have all your defense bases just change color and all the sudden destroy your fleet to defend your colony.. I personally create way to strong Defense bases and put like 4 around the planet and I lost them all one time due to an invasion.. it was insane to try to get them back.. they were very very strong. like all had 50+ torpedos and etc.. ha..

but the point is, it is a good aspect of the game and should be kept as is.. you just need to have troops defending and also you should have many lasers and tractor beams to push away as possible.. also that's the reason for all the facilities that help to destroy attacking troops as well.. etc

Return to “Distant Worlds 1 Series”