Nube can't figure new unit creation outside of HQ

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

MasterDust

Nube can't figure new unit creation outside of HQ

Post by MasterDust »

This is pretty basic but I'm dead in the water here. Looked at some tutorials. I get how to set and change production queues at cities. So, the next turn your HQs get the new forces. Okay. How can I translate that into separate physical counters?
Twotribes

RE: Nube can't figure new unit creation outside of HQ

Post by Twotribes »

On your list of buttons along the bottom is a green plus click that.
Favoritism is alive and well here.
MasterDust

Post by MasterDust »

Okay. Yes, and that gets me a blank "zero" value army unit or staff unit. And I can also assign it's HQ. How can I designate unit type and value?
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

That depends on if you have the version that has auto unit. On the far side you will see several buttons one opens the builder so you can designate what units you want and whats in them. On the same line with the unit construction is at the end a similar button this one allows you to designate what type of unit the blank will be. Assuming you made any units to so designate.
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

on the far right you will find a button with a box and 3 boxes under it that is the builder. On the same line as the green plus at the right end you will find a similar button a box with 3 boxes under it that allows you to assign type to blank.
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

Maybe this is bit too basic.

Once you have an empty unit, a cadre perhaps, then you select (click on) the HQ, or unit, where the SFTs, formations, you want in your new unit are. Then use the transfer button. "T" is the key, the button looks like two unit boxes with a red path between them. The transferring unit, source of your formations, will appear on the left side of a dialog. Now select your new empty unit. It will appear on the right side.

Select formations you want in the new unit. The dialog supports multi formation transfers, or you can click "Do Transfer" each time.

I hope this helps. Your unit type will reflect the predominate SFTs you place in the unit.

Chuck

PS : not enough info, just ask, someone will help. We love new players.

Attachments
TransferPicture.jpg
TransferPicture.jpg (41.39 KiB) Viewed 55 times
tortugapower

Post by tortugapower »

My tutorials have failed :(

Just in case you didn't watch them, I think this one in particular (episode 4, HQ and Unit Transfers) is what you would want to watch. Otherwise, I'm guessing Chuck's post cleared it up.
Matrix Games video tutorials:
Distant Worlds Universe
Advanced Tactics Gold
MasterDust

Post by MasterDust »

Thanks, guys. Yeah, duh! I'm actually getting to this VR game last after playing the other ones. The "Transfer" and "Strategic Transfer" buttons right next to each other seemed to both indicate "Transportation" to me. In the other games it will generally mean (Move) unit transfer or group units transfer. Yes, I probably skipped quickly past Episode 4 because I was thinking I was not interested in "strategic transfer."
Pretty interesting game which offers much sandbox playing goodness. Really impressed by all VR output. Love the Barbarossa game and Case Blue. Recently went back and replayed Polish campaign to my satisfaction in Warsaw to Paris game. Originally, I did not like that game, but I now realize I didn't understand the interface--and adverse combat differentials from over-crowding the battlefield. Knowledge is power. As I said, I've skimmed through some of your tutorials, tortugapower, in a rush to get playing. Good stuff. I think I will need to just take my time and actually enjoy them all now sequentially so as not to miss details.
cpdeyoung

Post by cpdeyoung »

Great to have you here. This game is such a bargain.

Chuck
GaryChildress

Post by GaryChildress »

Welcome to the forum, Bowie. It's great to have new players discover this great game.

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”