Steel Division Normandy 1944

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Jugger

Steel Division Normandy 1944

Post by Jugger »

This looks interesting. http://www.steeldivisiongame.com/
zakblood

RE: Steel Division Normandy 1944

Post by zakblood »

not my cup of tea again, RTS

[:(]

now if it was turn based, then that would be a different kettle of fish[&o]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
wings7

Post by wings7 »

It does look interesting and good...I'll be watching it...thanks for the link! [:)]
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
Alan Sharif

Post by Alan Sharif »

Mmmm, does look interesting. Only time will tell I guess. Thanks for the link.
A Sharif
Ranger33

Post by Ranger33 »

I enjoy the Wargame series. It's more strategic than many here might give it credit for. Not really a click fest at all, because the distances involved when moving units around means you might have to commit to a decision and wait two or three minutes for your units to arrive at the action. Lots of reconnaissance and planning ahead needed for victory online.

I look forward to seeing what they can do with a revisit to WW2. The original RUSE game used basically the same setting.
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Yes, with the current Steam sale, it is hard to go wrong on this series.

We'll see what type of RTS the new game is. If you cannot pause to give orders, it's too hectic for me.
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

You can pause the games and the last game of the series you can slow it down. Plus, on the European Escalation, you can download a program to slow down as well.
wings7

Post by wings7 »

Here is the Steam link...[:)]
http://store.steampowered.com/app/572410/
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
wodin

Post by wodin »

Like to review it but Paradox never get back to us when approached.
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

ORIGINAL: Ranger33

I enjoy the Wargame series. It's more strategic than many here might give it credit for. Not really a click fest at all, because the distances involved when moving units around means you might have to commit to a decision and wait two or three minutes for your units to arrive at the action. Lots of reconnaissance and planning ahead needed for victory online.
How does it compare with Close Combat series? Does AI find its way any better or do tanks still get stuck on stupid things?
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
wodin

Post by wodin »

A shame Normandy. However for the first WW2 game it's to be expected. I do hope in the end we get to see things like early War West front (from Norway to France), Africa, East front start to finish.

I'm waiting on more news on Chain of Command..
Ranger33

Post by Ranger33 »

ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen
ORIGINAL: Ranger33

How does it compare with Close Combat series? Does AI find its way any better or do tanks still get stuck on stupid things?

It's not nearly as granular as Close Combat. The different terrain types are more abstracted, so vehicles in forests are concealed, have a chance to get stuck or throw a track, etc. but individual trees don't really matter to movement. Same for towns as far as I can tell, infantry aren't protected by individual buildings, just by being in the urban area. The game is more about the big picture and strategic movement than something like Close Combat or Combat Mission.

The whole series is fairly similar, and you can get them for practically nothing when they go on sale.

Return to “General Discussion”