Carrier planes at set up...

A sub-forum for players new to WIF, containing information on how to get started and become an experienced player.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

Jagdtiger14

Carrier planes at set up...

Post by Jagdtiger14 »

I know the Japanese can begin the game with naval units at sea...and I'm not having a problem doing that. However, when it comes to carrier planes I cant seem to place them on the CV's at sea. I have no problem doing this if the CV is in port, but cant do it at sea. Is there some technique I'm missing here?

Have I been playing this wrong all these years? The reason the Japs get to do this is because they are active, and supposedly had the chance to get those naval units out there the turn before. It doesn't seem logical that the cvp's would not be on their CV's?
Conflict with the unexpected: two qualities are indispensable; first, an intellect which, even in the midst of this obscurity, is not without some traces of inner light which lead to the truth; second, the courage to follow this faint light. KvC
paulderynck

RE: Carrier planes at set up...

Post by paulderynck »

I think you have to place the CV in a port, then place the CVPs, then while still in set-up, move the CVs to a sea box they can reach.
Paul
Jagdtiger14

Post by Jagdtiger14 »

Oh, I'll try that Paul. Thanks!
Conflict with the unexpected: two qualities are indispensable; first, an intellect which, even in the midst of this obscurity, is not without some traces of inner light which lead to the truth; second, the courage to follow this faint light. KvC
Jagdtiger14

Post by Jagdtiger14 »

MWiF allows me to place the CV in port, and then put the carrier plane on the CV, but I cant move the loaded CV into the sea area (adjacent sea area).
paulderynck

Post by paulderynck »

I'm sure I have done this with Japan in setting up Global War. Did you try CTRL-left-click on the port, selecting the units you want and then click OK and then click on the adjacent sea zone?

Also, IIRC when you place the CVP you get a dialog allowing you to put it directly on the CV.
Paul
rkr1958

Post by rkr1958 »

I was just able to setup a loaded IJN CV at sea. Here's what I did.

1. Selected the CV (e.g., Kaga) and placed in port (e.g., Fukuoka).

2. Selected the CV plane I wanted to load and loaded it on the CV in port.

3. Used the Naval Review Details form to select (i.e., right click on) the CV (not the plane). However, both the CV and its plane were highlighted.

4. I then drugged them to the sea area (e.g., China Sea), right clicked on the sea area and choose what box I wanted to put them in.

Attachments
IJNSetupatSea.jpg
IJNSetupatSea.jpg (955.72 KiB) Viewed 149 times
Ronnie
Joseignacio

Post by Joseignacio »

ORIGINAL: paulderynck

I'm sure I have done this with Japan in setting up Global War. Did you try CTRL-left-click on the port, selecting the units you want and then click OK and then click on the adjacent sea zone?

Also, IIRC when you place the CVP you get a dialog allowing you to put it directly on the CV.

I have done it too, in the short Pacific scenario .

Jadg, you should be able to.
Jagdtiger14

Post by Jagdtiger14 »

Thanks guys! Both methods work! Problem solved.
Joseignacio

Post by Joseignacio »

How does MWIF handle the fighters' class?

In the board game you need to check which year they will be one level down (and how many planes can you put inside a CV...), but I think I remember reading somewhere here that the game automatically each year changes the colour of the planes, so you don't need to check which colour they shoud be that year.

This makes sense and it seems to me, according to what I see in the game that it works this way. Is it so?
Orm

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: Joseignacio

In the board game you need to check which year they will be one level down (and how many planes can you put inside a CV...), but I think I remember reading somewhere here that the game automatically each year changes the colour of the planes, so you don't need to check which colour they shoud be that year.

This makes sense and it seems to me, according to what I see in the game that it works this way. Is it so?
The game automatically change the class of the CV planes.

You can check the different classes a CVP gets at any time by right clicking on the unit and selecting the carrier air unit’s classes from the popup unit menu that appears.
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
Joseignacio

Post by Joseignacio »

ORIGINAL: Orm

ORIGINAL: Joseignacio

The game automatically change the class of the CV planes.

You can check the different classes a CVP gets at any time by right clicking on the unit and selecting the carrier air unit’s classes from the popup unit menu that appears.

Thanks for the confirmation.

And yes, the last part I had realized.

Return to “WIF School”