Free Version?

Armored Brigade is a real-time tactical wargame, focusing on realism and playability
harley9699

Free Version?

Post by harley9699 »

Is this the same Armored Brigade that we've been playing for free, for years? Or, is this something entirely different?
Daniele

RE: Free Version?

Post by Daniele »

Hi,

We have signed with the developers who did the the free ware title, and our aim is to helping them to make the title bigger and more detailed :-)
Veitikka

Post by Veitikka »

If you compare the (obsolete) videos on the Facebook page to the 4-year old freeware alpha build, it's easy to notice the difference. Development has been going on all these years, and still keeps going. The freeware version covered, basically, a period of one year. The commercial release will cover 27 years, even if it has different nations. It will be much more than just a skirmish generator.
Know thyself!
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

0813c is the version i was using, so look forward to seeing how much it's changed[&o]
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
wodin

Post by wodin »

Just tried the 0812 version and it has loads of promise..a rare thing indeed for me to like a realtime game

I remember there being loads of mods like a WW1 version etc..are they still around?
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

only one i got is the NVA mod
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Veitikka

Post by Veitikka »

There was a WW2 mod, fantasy mods... I don't know if they're available anymore, because they were stored in external sites. The freeware versions have no official support.
Know thyself!
Moltke71

Post by Moltke71 »

Is the 0812 freeware version a beta for the commercial release? I'd like to revisit an older freeware version, None appear to be visible om armoredbrigade.com.
Jim Cobb
Karri

Post by Karri »

I remember the first versions of this game. I also would like to claim my paycheck, since I recall suggesting the developer years ago to open up a forum which clearly rocketed the game success.
Veitikka

Post by Veitikka »

ORIGINAL: Bismarck

Is the 0812 freeware version a beta for the commercial release? I'd like to revisit an older freeware version, None appear to be visible om (not allowed to post links).

The freeware and commercial versions are part of the same continuum, but I consider the freeware versions 'alpha'. I heard a rumor that you already got the freeware edition [:)]
Know thyself!
Veitikka

Post by Veitikka »

ORIGINAL: Karri

I remember the first versions of this game. I also would like to claim my paycheck, since I recall suggesting the developer years ago to open up a forum which clearly rocketed the game success.

That would be more like participating in expenses, since so far I've only lost money by working on this project.
Know thyself!
Moltke71

Post by Moltke71 »

ORIGINAL: Veitikka

ORIGINAL: Bismarck

Is the 0812 freeware version a beta for the commercial release? I'd like to revisit an older freeware version, None appear to be visible om (not allowed to post links).

The freeware and commercial versions are part of the same continuum, but I consider the freeware versions 'alpha'. I heard a rumor that you already got the freeware edition [:)]

Oh, I played the original freeware version years ago.
Jim Cobb
dordo59

Post by dordo59 »

Hello to all.
May someone tell me where I can find the free version so I can try it ?

Thanks
Moltke71

Post by Moltke71 »

ORIGINAL: dordo59

Hello to all.
May someone tell me where I can find the free version so I can try it ?

Thanks

http://www.indiedb.com/games/armored-brigade/downloads/armored-brigade-v0812b-public-beta
Jim Cobb
ACEMS

Post by ACEMS »

"Huge maps, based on real terrain. The maximum battle size is about 15x15 kilometers".
15x15 is Huge ? check out BCT/ATF and you will see huge maps with lowest level unit is a single team/vehicle

Based on the description I assume that you are trying to compete with battlefront titles ?
Veitikka

Post by Veitikka »

ORIGINAL: ACEMS

"Huge maps, based on real terrain. The maximum battle size is about 15x15 kilometers".
15x15 is Huge ? check out BCT/ATF and you will see huge maps with lowest level unit is a single team/vehicle

Based on the description I assume that you are trying to compete with battlefront titles ?

15x15 km is the maximum scenario map size. The scenario and campaign battle locations are picked from much larger master maps. I try to avoid mentioning the actual sizes, because they may be subject to change. It's always a question of detail vs size. In AB you can have a 15x15 km battle with hundreds of units and are able to zoom in to see the individual men, casualties, tank commanders etc there.

Personally, when it comes to the actual game, I'm not trying to "compete" with anybody. I just wanted to make a game I like to play. The ATF series was a major influence to me by the way, and the old Combat Mission games too. Now with Matrix we're maximizing the game's potential, with special emphasis on the graphics and UI, as I see it.
Know thyself!
kipanderson

Post by kipanderson »

Hi,

it is great that this is going to be scaled up to a full commercial title. To repeat what others said, huge potential.

Looking forward to it.

All the best,
kip.
JWW

Post by JWW »

Actually Shrapnel Games. And I don't see how it can be a competition since as far as I can see, the last release in the BCT/ATF/AATF/BGC series was in 2009. I enjoyed that series, and I am looking forward to Armored Brigade.
ACEMS

Post by ACEMS »

JW, I have mentioned about Shrapnel Games regarding map size, not competition.

I am looking forward to Armored Brigade too, but I hope that the final product won't be "matrix-ized"
JWW

Post by JWW »

JW, I have mentioned about Shrapnel Games regarding map size, not competition.

I am looking forward to Armored Brigade too, but I hope that the final product won't be "matrix-ized"

Ah, I misunderstood. I hope it will be a good product, too.

Return to “Armored Brigade”