Anything in the pipeline?

Germany At War: Operation Barbarossa 1941 is an elegant turn-based design, inspired by classics such as Panzer General, but with more of a historical focus. You command the German forces through a branching historical campaign covering the entire 1941 campaign as well as part of the 1942 campaign. Dozens of scenarios stretch from the Soviet border all the way to Archangel and towards Astrakhan, the original military goals of Operation Barbarossa. Step into a wargame where your performance will rewrite history, through an addictive combination of compelling gameplay, realistic events and challenging battles.

Moderator: Ronald Wendt

stormbringer3

Anything in the pipeline?

Post by stormbringer3 »

As I've mentioned in previous posts I think that this is an outstanding game and Ronald Wendts' support has been way above average. I'd love to see further enhancements on this title or another new title from Ronald. There's another title mentioned on Ronald's website but there doesn't seem to be any recent activity. I'm hoping that there is something further in store for us.
Thanks.
stormbringer3

RE: Anything in the pipeline?

Post by stormbringer3 »

I'm really hoping that Ronald will respond to this even if it's only to say nothing's coming anytime soon.
Thanks.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

Africa is in the works, but as of yet only info is on his site as you already mentioned, he does still come here most day so we will have to wait and see
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
AngrySwan

Post by AngrySwan »

Some minor tweaks to the existing scenarios.
- Saving Berlin in 1945 - a Berlin scenario with Regular 43 infantry instead of Regular 39.

- AGN Riga scenario and AA Riga scenario with historical German names.
* historical note. There were crusader states in the Baltics in 13th to 16th century covering Estonia, Latvia and, for some time, a part of Lithuania. The cities had German names that were also used during WW2. The city "Kuldiga" (old German name Goldingen) renamed to "Pavilosta" (old German name Paulshafen). Kuldiga is further north and not on the coast. Makes no difference for most players but is very important if you are from that region.
** geographical note. Riga is located on both coasts of the Daugava and what you see in game is just a suburb. The city itself is on the other coast. However, for the purposes this scenario, you can assume that capturing the suburb means taking Riga.

Is it possible to get the campaign files for AA and Eastern Front 1941? I know how to get scenarios (save the scenario as soon as you load it and rename .sav to. scn) but campaign files are not that easy.
The art of war is simple and esay to understand but fighting a war is hard.
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hi folks,

very nice to see there is still some life in here. [8D]

So i think a little overview would be justified for the fans of GaW here.

I used to frequent this forum and some others. In times almost daily. It was fun and surely helped one or the other player. But it also consumed a lot of time. Time that would not be spent on content or projects. And while bigger companies might have people to compensate this is not true with Phobetor.

We are small and have little budget (some wouldn't even call it that) so time is precious.

One day when things were rough again, i looked into the process and decided to cut time and the amount of forums i am visiting on a regular bases.

Nowadays i am only found at Desing Mod Project which is my HQ so to say. And eventhough its overwhelmingly in German i am happy to respond to requests in English there, too(as well as every member capable of the language). This is the fastest way besides email to discuss our products with me.

Getting to the question of things in the pipeline:

Our focus is on our new game Army General which results in a relative silience as we keep news for the time we are ready to release this game. It is not an expansion or a successor of Germany at War, we use 2d graphics and many other things that makes it different.

Now to the things GaW owners/fans will interest. While Army General is a different game it shares a codebase with Germany at War. This means that we can decide, if a feature is used in one of the games or not.
Also any bug resolved is fixed in both games. So while we are focusing on the new game, Germany at War is evolving, too.
Thats why update 1.08 will on the one hand take a while but on the other will have some nice new features and will resolve existing glitches.
A year ago a DLC was brought into beta status that deals with the Soviet side of the conflict. We intent to bring it to the players one day to complete the circle of the Eastern Front.

You might have noticed i did not include dates in the post. But as soon as we can name any secure target date we will do it.

Thanks for your ongoing support!

Ronald Wendt
klhbekool

Post by klhbekool »

Ronald,

Thank you for the updates on both games. I usually check once a week for updates, but I can hold out until 1.08 and Army General are ready. I still play Operation Barbarossa but GaW is better.

Thanks again
KLH
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hello klhbekool,
ORIGINAL: klhbekool

Ronald,

Thank you for the updates on both games. I usually check once a week for updates, but I can hold out until 1.08 and Army General are ready. I still play Operation Barbarossa but GaW is better.

Thanks again

thanks for your kindness. Always nice to see people appreciate our work. [:)]

Regards,
steelwarrior

Post by steelwarrior »

Yeah awesome job with your game - hope to see much more in future ;-D Anything new on Army General?
Ronald Wendt

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hi steelwarrior,
ORIGINAL: steelwarrior

Yeah awesome job with your game - hope to see much more in future ;-D Anything new on Army General?

thanks for the compliment.

We work on a lot of stuff for GaW and AG is making good progress. But there is no concrete news we have published yet.

Stay tuned! [:)]
Ronald Wendt

Army General announced - the end of Germany at War ?

Post by Ronald Wendt »

Hi folks,

last week we announced Army General for the 2. Quarter of 2017.

That being said, i saw the many questions and contributions made here to the cause of Germany at War and wanted to let you know that i will return whenever there is energy left to continue the discussion here.

At the moment that energy is obviously rare as we focused on the release of Army General.

But Germany at War will get quite some exciting new things during 2017, too. This is far from being over [;)]

So thanks again and stay tuned.

Regards,
zakblood

RE: Army General announced - the end of Germany at War ?

Post by zakblood »

good luck and wish you all the success for the launch of your new project
[&o][&o][&o]
klhbekool

Post by klhbekool »

Thanks Ronald, Army General will be great. I am very excited and await the release.
KLH
stormbringer3

Post by stormbringer3 »

Good news. Who's going to release the game? I haven't seen anything on Matrix.
Thanks.
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Army General? What? Where? I am intrigued, let us see something, look forward to seeing it, keep up the good work.
klhbekool

Post by klhbekool »

Check Steam for an update on Army General.
KLH
terminator

Post by terminator »

It looks like the game Army General will be release tomorrow on Steam :

http://store.steampowered.com/app/606950?l=french

I hope that Ronald Wendt will soon return to Germany at War : Barbarossa 1941.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

wish the game all the best Ronald Wendt and can't wait to buy and play, posted in main also

tm.asp?m=4274899&mpage=1&key=&#4274899

so everyone can see
stormbringer3

Post by stormbringer3 »

Will this be released anywhere else besides Steam? I'm not a Steam fan.
terminator

Post by terminator »

I also, I am not a Steam fan.
AngrySwan

Post by AngrySwan »

Same thing here. It is like being allowed to drive a car only with a police officer sitting next to you.
The art of war is simple and esay to understand but fighting a war is hard.

Return to “Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941”