opnn (CP) vs operating (E) finished

Post descriptions of your brilliant successes and unfortunate demises.

Moderator: MOD_Commander_The_Great_War

operating

RE: opnn (CP) vs operating (E) active

Post by operating »

ORIGINAL: Robotron

If CP attack Switzerland:

If neutral Italy's alignment is set to 95. Since Italy already starts the 1914 scenario at 94.4 this will actually DELAY Italy joining the Entente unless Switzerland gets DOWed right at the start of the 1914 scenario.

The above quote is what really confounds me..!!![&:] And how it computes into a 20 turn Italy delay in entering the war.
and one flew over the Cuckoos nest
nehi

Post by nehi »

in 1914 its nonsense, if cp need it, then its just before italy would join

beating suiss is waisting of resources, its better to beat france
operating

Post by operating »

Turn 25

Italy

At first I thought opnn was leaving a gift, an unoccupied Trieste..!![:D] I thought that was real nice of him, only to find out it was some kind of fluke with the graphics that made the German artillery invisible...[:-]! Regardless, went on the attack, first with Italian fighters, then with French balloons, finally the Italian garrison went in, to my dismay the artillery did not cave-in although heavily damaged. It would have been nice to have actually seen it.[;)] Immediately upgraded all Italian units in preparations for a frontal assault and upgraded some French ones with AA, except for the French garrison railed into Venice with a commander, figured that was a safe move. Railed a Brit garrison up Milan and moved the Brit infantry out of Nice to recover readiness. It looked overall that Italy was in a fairly good disposition.[:)]

Attachments
ctgw_1486834435.jpg
ctgw_1486834435.jpg (449.46 KiB) Viewed 140 times
operating

Post by operating »

ORIGINAL: nehi

No, not really..! My thinking is this: If Italy is delayed from DOW 20 turns, that means AH has more time to set up for an Italian invasion at a time more suitable to their choosing and, or have AH actually take on the task of fighting the Swiss while Germany continues it's advances in France, for now France's eastern frontier would be exposed, meaning they would have to employ other units there (that's a guess). Should the Swiss fall under the CP boot, France would be even more exposed. How long do you think the Swiss will last under a bombing campaign, with fighter attacks, I'd venture not a heck of a long time, although CP's progress through Swiss mountains might be a bit slow, but if Bern is captured it opens up a rail link to all kinds of mischief? [8D]
operating

Post by operating »

Turn 25

North Baltic

As I try to move into attack positions make contact with hidden subs shielding the main German navy group, what German subs I do not trip over am going to have to assume they have returned to port for repairs or possible upgrades. I don't attack the German subs until the Russian balloons have done their job first. All I can do is keep whittling away at the German fleets, it's slow going, but I feel the advantage is getting stronger for Entente each succeeding turn. The rag-tag Russian sub fleet has finally broken though to more southerly waters and will likely be able to refit later.. A fresh Russian fleet deployed near Tallinn while the English there repaired.

Attachments
ctgw_1486834508.jpg
ctgw_1486834508.jpg (397.07 KiB) Viewed 140 times
Robotron

Post by Robotron »

ORIGINAL: operating

If neutral Italy's alignment is set to 95. Since Italy already starts the 1914 scenario at 94.4 this will actually DELAY Italy joining the Entente unless Switzerland gets DOWed right at the start of the 1914 scenario.

The above quote is what really confounds me..!!![&:] And how it computes into a 20 turn Italy delay in entering the war.
Let me explain:

Each faction in the game has a value for its alignment ranging from 0 to 100.
0 means the nation has joined Central Powers
100 means the nation has joined Entente.
50 means perfectly neutral.
Every not-perfectly neutral nation will slowly shift toward either CP or Entente during the game depending whether its alignment is lower or higher than 50.
This shifting will accelerate the closer the alignment comes to either 0 or 100.
Events may further increase this shift.

Example#1:
Italy's starting alignment in the vanilla game is 94.4, meaning that Italy will take about 25 turns to join Entente.
Example#2:
A nation with an alignment of 20 will take about 100 (not 60, just re-checked that) turns to join CP.

In turn 24 Italy's alignment is 99.9 and Italy is 1 turn from joining Entente.

So if CP decide to attack Switzerland while Italy is still neutral then Italy's alignment will be reset from 99.9 to 95 as defined by the "Attack on Switzerland" event (which in my opinion is a rather questionable effect), thus delaying Italy's war entry by about 22 turns.

Commander the Great War: Director's Cut
PotzBlitz Mod:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 18&t=77884
operating

Post by operating »

Let me explain:

Each faction in the game has a value for its alignment ranging from 0 to 100.
0 means the nation has joined Central Powers
100 means the nation has joined Entente.
50 means perfectly neutral.
Every not-perfectly neutral nation will slowly shift toward either CP or Entente during the game depending whether its alignment is lower or higher than 50.
This shifting will accelerate the closer the alignment comes to either 0 or 100.
Events may further increase this shift.

Example#1:
Italy's starting alignment in the vanilla game is 94.4, meaning that Italy will take about 25 turns to join Entente.
Example#2:
A nation with an alignment of 20 will take about 100 (not 60, just re-checked that) turns to join CP.

In turn 24 Italy's alignment is 99.9 and Italy is 1 turn from joining Entente.

So if CP decide to attack Switzerland while Italy is still neutral then Italy's alignment will be reset from 99.9 to 95 as defined by the "Attack on Switzerland" event (which in my opinion is a rather questionable effect), thus delaying Italy's war entry by about 22 turns.

Robotron,

I have no reason to doubt you, but Jesus, Mary and Joseph! What you describe just does not seem right, seeing how the English and French were willing to promise Italy Trento and Trieste after the "Treaty of London" debacle. I realize you are the messenger and not the dev. And once again "Thank-you" for your interpretations. [:)]
operating

Post by operating »

Turn 25

Constantinople

Made a forage towards Bursa hoping for a capture of that city, but was blunted by a Turk garrison, and will have to guess by another behind it that was manning the Straights by Constantinople that is now occupied by the Russians who have upgraded. The English now will have to withdraw next turn for they then will be at half supply. Shore bombardments continue from the Black Sea and the Med... Russian sub is nosing around for other Turk land units..

Attachments
ctgw_1486834542.jpg
ctgw_1486834542.jpg (369.19 KiB) Viewed 140 times
operating

Post by operating »

Turn 25

Sarikamish

As you can see I am trying a sweeping left flank hook, the right flank is having a tougher go of it moving through the mountains, but have put a substantial hurt on a Turk cav that should not be able to hold it's ground next turn, if this maneuver continues the Turk army here will find itself surrounded, or it will have to abandon Erzurum to save itself. Let's wait and see how opnn handles it..

Attachments
ctgw_1486834558.jpg
ctgw_1486834558.jpg (398.85 KiB) Viewed 140 times
operating

Post by operating »

Turn 25

Suez

Still no sign of the Turk commander who was here. As soon as the English get finished with reducing the Turks at this choke point will open up this front and likely to have the remaining Turk armies on the run..

Attachments
ctgw_1486834608.jpg
ctgw_1486834608.jpg (367.88 KiB) Viewed 140 times
operating

Post by operating »

Turn 25

France

Upgraded just about the whole French army with AA with the knowledge that CP has a decent size air-force not far away, that could easily show up here at any time, even my French artillery got AA. Suppressed what German units I could with air-power. IIRC sailed a English cav to disembark next turn at Calais, is there chance it will succeed this time? Who knows..? Gotta keep trying.[;)].

Attachments
ctgw_1486834672.jpg
ctgw_1486834672.jpg (449.94 KiB) Viewed 140 times
nehi

Post by nehi »

No, not really..! My thinking is this: If Italy is delayed from DOW 20 turns, that means AH has more time to set up for an Italian invasion at a time more suitable to their choosing and, or have AH actually take on the task of fighting the Swiss while Germany continues it's advances in France, for now France's eastern frontier would be exposed, meaning they would have to employ other units there (that's a guess). Should the Swiss fall under the CP boot, France would be even more exposed. How long do you think the Swiss will last under a bombing campaign, with fighter attacks, I'd venture not a heck of a long time, although CP's progress through Swiss mountains might be a bit slow, but if Bern is captured it opens up a rail link to all kinds of mischief? [8D]

bombing suiss means not bombing france, only point where attacking suiss make sense is when italy is nearby to join, at such point cp should be allready doomed, because cp have to decide faster

only games im using it are in 1915 scenario as cp, where its really needed, btw bern can be captured in the first turn, with enough bombing and boosted infatry nearby, there is just small garrison [:D]
operating

Post by operating »

Believe me, I'm paying attention to your thoughts...[8D]
nehi

Post by nehi »

believe me, as long as u dont know my blitzkrieg covered by atomic bomb u can just guess [:D]
operating

Post by operating »

believe me, as long as u dont know my blitzkrieg covered by atomic bomb u can just guess [:D]
Oh, you must be desperate to find an opponent..![:D]
operating

Post by operating »

Turn 26

German Boots in Italy Event

You might think: "What's so important about this event?" Answer: It causes Italy to lose -5 NM, in other words, If Italy had 100 NM before this event, it has 95 NM now.

Attachments
ctgw_1486842286.jpg
ctgw_1486842286.jpg (326.95 KiB) Viewed 140 times
nehi

Post by nehi »

Oh, you must be desperate to find an opponent..![:D]
im playing every day few turns, but its a long time i met some challenge, im more repeating good known moves which worked many times before than actaully playing...

u were laughing at tyro/sitskrieg that hes newbie, i dont think u can resist much longer than he

todays turns:

dnes 22:35
PBEM Slitherine
Commander The Great War Turn Update (EquilibriuIVI) (1914) (4) » Dear nehi It is now your turn in the following battle Opponent: EquilibriuIVI Battle: 1914 Turn: 4 To Play your
dnes 21:46
PBEM Slitherine
Commander The Great War Turn Update (EquilibriuIVI) (1914) (3) » Dear nehi It is now your turn in the following battle Opponent: EquilibriuIVI Battle: 1914 Turn: 3 To Play your
dnes 21:42
PBEM Slitherine
Commander The Great War Turn Update (nadal) (1914) (11) » Dear nehi It is now your turn in the following battle Opponent: nadal Battle: 1914 Turn: 11 To Play your turn,
dnes 20:57
PBEM Slitherine
Commander The Great War Turn Update (nadal) (1914) (10) » Dear nehi It is now your turn in the following battle Opponent: nadal Battle: 1914 Turn: 10 To Play your turn,
dnes 19:54
PBEM Slitherine
Commander The Great War Turn Update (EquilibriuIVI) (1914) (2) » Dear nehi It is now your turn in the following battle Opponent: EquilibriuIVI Battle: 1914 Turn: 2 To Play your
dnes 19:24
PBEM Slitherine
Commander The Great War Challenge Accepted (EquilibriuIVI) (1914) » Dear nehi Your challenge has been accepted Opponent: EquilibriuIVI Battle: 1914 Current Turn: nehi Don't forget
dnes 18:33
PBEM Slitherine
Commander The Great War Turn Update (nadal) (1914) (9) » Dear nehi It is now your turn in the following battle Opponent: nadal Battle: 1914 Turn: 9 To Play your turn,
dnes 18:17
PBEM Slitherine
Commander The Great War Turn Update (Devillance) (1914) (2) » Dear nehi It is now your turn in the following battle Opponent: Devillance Battle: 1914 Turn: 2 To Play your turn,
dnes 17:49
PBEM Slitherine
Commander The Great War Challenge Accepted (Devillance) (1914) » Dear nehi Your challenge has been accepted Opponent: Devillance Battle: 1914 Current Turn: Devillance Don't
dnes 10:36
PBEM Slitherine
Commander The Great War Turn Update (nadal) (1914) (8) » Dear nehi It is now your turn in the following battle Opponent: nadal Battle: 1914 Turn: 8 To Play your turn,
dnes 5:39
PBEM Slitherine
Commander The Great War Turn Update (Devillance) (1914) (15) » Dear nehi It is now your turn in the following battle Opponent: Devillance Battle: 1914 Turn: 15 To Play your
dnes 5:22
PBEM Slitherine
Commander The Great War Turn Update (Devillance) (1914) (2) » Dear nehi It is now your turn in the following battle Opponent: Devillance Battle: 1914 Turn: 2 To Play your turn,
dnes 5:08
PBEM Slitherine
Commander The Great War Turn Update (Spiffycaptainfoxy) (1914) (2) » Dear nehi It is now your turn in the following battle Opponent: Spiffycaptainfoxy Battle: 1914 Turn: 2 To Play

u have allready once said u know what im thinking, when i told u something like "this is point where fate of prepared and unprepared cp divides"

opnn could win it, but he wasnt prepared

he made quite impressive advance (i remember him, he was of ones who gave me good fights), but he forgot to bring keys to paris
operating

Post by operating »

Good for you..! I am glad someone will play against you..![:)] You would'nt want to play against me and waste your time, really I'm a terrible player, I even write about how much of a lousy player I am, but you know what? I just enjoy playing the game, bottom line. [;)]
nehi

Post by nehi »

even sith lord needs apprentice

when there is no one, i have to educate some [:D]

maybe someone is reading this, but im afraid its not, forums are more dead than mp
operating

Post by operating »

Turn 26

France

Finally after bombing and strafing the German infantry by Calais they retreated when my cavalry stormed ashore and captured the German positions, Huzzah, Huzzah![:)] Deployed a garrison at London to follow the cav and updated a light cruiser in port at Portsmouth. Put pressure on the German line from Rouen to north of Paris for good measure. Starting to feel good about this front, Can the Germans be broken..? [X(]

Attachments
ctgw_1486847689.jpg
ctgw_1486847689.jpg (414.79 KiB) Viewed 140 times

Return to “After Action Reports”