RUNNING POLL - gameplay features [Feature Requests Go Here]

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

inanetunaman

RE: RUNNING POLL

Post by inanetunaman »

long list

Well, I honestly do not expect to get all of these, but hope some may make it on the list, but am going to list most of the things I have thought of while playing around in the editor, except the one I have already gotten a NO to
Because of that, most of this would be from the point of the editor
------------------------------

I still want a layout editor, but since you don’t want us to be able to edit databases, it would help if there was an “aircraft launched” and “aircraft landed” trigger, so we could add and remove weapons (and sensors/datalinks that they need) as the planes take off, and we could use LUA scripts to only apply the changes if it is has a certain layout
the example I have that this would help for is that brazil’s A-4 has 2 AA layouts with very similar layouts, so if the plane took off with one of the layouts it would remove one fuel tank and add a new missile(super r.530 in this case)
it would also be nice if there was extra layouts at the end, like (unused AA, or unused strike) that have the planes take off without any weapons (except guns) but still have armed ready times and still allow you to add weapons inside the layout so they effect the weight, I have found this works fine with normal layouts, except does not work with ferry or recon layouts

---------
Similar to that, it would be helpful if you could select “prohibited layouts” in the editor, like not allowing the 4 phoenix layout, but allowing the 1 and 2 phoenix layouts, but for more than one plane(not just only giving the base 2 phoenix missiles
Or possibly not allowing certain planes to change layouts
-------------
The ship AI needs work, if you turn off standoff distance (to get better hit rate, or to use secondary weapons) they ships seem intent to ram the other ship, completely ignore the fact that they take up space themselves and then overshooting the ship and if you zoom in it looks like 2 planes fighting, this makes sense for a small very fast boat, but not a destroyer getting close to a carrier
They should need to keep their ship length away from another ship, or they would of collided in RL
Also, I noticed that ships with depth charges don’t try and overtake submarines to drop their weapons, they try and turn around before getting out of range
Another thing that would be useful would be a doctrine option to add any attacking ship to their target list if they do not engage non-mission targets
ALSO MAKE IT SO SHIPS AVOID BEING HIT BY THEIR OWN UNGIDED TORPEDOS AND ROCKETS, OR WON’T FIRE SOMETHING THAT WILL HURT THEM OR THEIR FRENDS(DON’T SHOOT A 403MM ROUND AT A SHIP THAT ONE OF YOUR OTHER SHIPS IS CLOSE TO) (all caps for my lost PT boat) (also would apply to planes bombing near you units)
------------------
The sub AI could have a few improvements, mostly more options
First off, it would be helpful to tell them to limit speed when their battery is low in the doctrine window, like cruse only when battery is less than 50% unless running from torpedoes
It would also be helpful if there was settings about surfacing to attack with guns, this setting would override the dive when threat setting, but only when they try to attack

66 ft periscope depth is not that unrealistic if you measure from the bottom, but 0 is still surfaced, so that would mean it was a 66ft long periscope, but this has little effect on gameplay
Also, there are some arrears were a sub should not be allowed to be underwater, they are limited to dive past those points, but if 66ft is periscope depth, 24 feet should not be underwater
Outside of that, it seems good
-----------------------------------------
The airplane AI seems great, but there are a few things I think would be better if change
The single-minded RTB plans, I have seen plenty of times when a plane is killed because it goes to refuel or RTB near enemies, they were going in to attack, but then leave and won’t turn or go faster than 480kts and get killed, it would help if you could tell them to continue at high speed (if they have the fuel) it would also be helpful if there was an option to have RTBing planes turn around and engage pursuers, as I have had times when a plane still has sidewinders left and an older fighter is chasing them for a gun kill(also the plane won’t throttle up to avoid it), and they get killed, when they may of made it if they had turned around and defended themselves
It would also be helpful if there was a “yes unless illumining for weapon” option in the automatic evasion doctrine setting
With that last line, another interesting(but probably annoying) feature would be if novice pilots lose their nerve with that setting, and evade anyway making their weapon miss
--------------------------------------------
It would be helpful if you cold click and open the database viewer then adding aircraft with the ctrl f6 menu, and not have to have them both open at the same time
---------------------------
Could the generic chaff and flare rockets work for land units like tanks, they don’t, also maybe for surfaced subs
--------------------------------------
Detail of how decoys work in their database viewer, as well has a database viewer for sensors
---------------------------------------------------------------
“Search” missions, combining AEW and ASW searches into one mission, support can do this for AEW, but it would be nice if there was a search mission were they would fly to maximize search area, and possibly have multiple planes work together automatically, like drones flying to radar contacts
---------------------------------------
Separate “nuclear strike” mission to preset attacks, as well with predefining were to detonate, having it active would cause each unit in the mission to be ready to fire, but you would still need to click on something to launch
-----------------------------------------------
Generic radar illuminators that can guide any SARH weapons
---------------------------------------------------------
Option to add sensor guidance to mounts
------------------------------------------------
Now another major one
Groups of ships
First off, the group should really set the group speed settings to the speed of the slowest unit, if you carrier can go 35kts that does not mean the whole fleet can, and the leave ships behind when you use manual speeds, also it make it really easy use up all your fuel if you don’t realize that the cruise setting for you group makes some ships use their full setting
also units with similar max speeds seem to have trouble, the case I have is when some of my frigates fell behind, despite the fact they can travel 1kt faster than the lead ship, the group setting was 32kts, and they went 30kts (full speed) but there flank speed was 33 kts, they should not of fallen behind when they are faster, but I am not sure if the AI can order ships to go at any speed, or if there is some other reason some ships go faster than others when ordered to go the same speed
It would also be helpful if there was range/bearing lines from the main unit, for people that may be a bit OCD about fleet symmetry
Larger aircraft squadrons, so you could have a WWII style bomber group, possible have a box to enter a number
-------------------------------------------------------
Also, maybe have the aircraft bellow flight size do not take off, function be improved a bit, as disabling it seems to make second strikes take off as single planes because they did not all land at the EXACT same time, maybe have it build squads with any plane that is within 2 min of being ready, so it still groups you aircraft when they should be, but are not because one has a few more mins to go
----------------------------------------------------------------------
More laser options, like some that draw from the ships main power systems, meaning they would be less effective at full speed then cruse speed, or have a battery that limits fire rate, meaning you would have unlimited ammo if you only had to fire once in a while, but may only have 5-10 shots while a group of missiles approaches
Also, it would be interesting to have an Air to air laser that was placed in the place the gun was normally placed , you can try this right now, but the range makes sidewinders useless, and it still fires like a turret and not a forward firing gun, even if you only select one box
--------------------------------------------------------------
With that last thought, possibly have a fixed gun option, were there is no firing ark, just a single fixed angle(although, this probably means a 1 degree ark)
-------------------------------------------------
A generic carrier that acts like an airbase with a short runway, but is not the huge battle island , I ask for this because many nations do not have carrier planes of their own
------------------------------------------------------
Ability to edit engines and fuel scores, I know you can do mock nuclear by having a LUA script reset your fuel supply ever 5min
----------------------------------------------------
More details about how speed affects sonar range, for each ship
Also details about how layouts affect radar reflections with external stores
-----------------------------------------------------------
Ship mounted railguns
------------------------------------------------------------------
Unit landings without massive scripts, although you would need an ammo store for this, as it would be bad if you could create infinite infantry squads with unlimited magazines
--------------------------------------------------------
External fuel tank mount that can be added to planes
----------------------------------------------------------
Generic “transforming” weapon, this is not real, but would be a ammo box that becomes what is needed when it is unloaded this would save TONS of time making supply ships, and especially land bases
prebooking tankers, so a plane on a long strike mission will reserve the fuel it need to return BEFORE flying deep into enemy territory and dooming itself, also maybe take the tankers flight plan into account
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
BEING ABLE TO EDIT AIRCRAFT ON THE GROUND, it is possible to do this in the editor if they are in the air, but that makes it hard to add large airwings with altered traits
Also this should apply to docked ships
------------------------------------------
Ship ‘layouts” as some ships store multiple types of weapons in the same magazine, and it would be helpful to tell the base how to restock the ship, like “all sams” or “more tomahawks”

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Doctrine option to engage opportunity targets like AEWs if there are no fighters around, but not to if they would be in tons of danger
Being able to tow damaged ships or small boats that ran out of fuel
________________-------------------------------

Being able to add fuel tanks as a weapon in a magazine as I sometimes need a certain fuel type for a single ship, and adding another tanker seems overkill
It would be helpful if you could give target priories to you units, like shoot bombers first, or attack AEW planes to blind them, or to have your fighters attack other fighters first to protect themselves
-----------------------------------
TALD to be used in missions, or the ability to target planes or sams with them, intending to try and make them waste ammo
Pop up message control, I personally like to have a popup message to warn me when there is a missile fired at me so I can stop time compression, but it gets really annoying when a lot of missiles are fired at once(also when nukes go off)
This is also really bad when one of your ships is shot at with a 12.7mm MG, as it almost freezes the game as you can’t do anything until the message is gone, and you are hit again a second after it
I would be helpful if there was an option to have a pop up message once, but will not give another message for 5 RL seconds
Also maybe an option to not give messages when a nuke goes off, and then give a report of what was lost after the explosion is over
---------------------------------------------------
Sort by type option for the editor, so you can see all minesweepers, or all IR guided anti-surface missiles
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Identify command, were you unit will get as close as needed to ID something, but will then turn away
I want this because sometimes manually moving my plan under cloud cover gets them killed because I make them get to close
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also from steam, ability to target incoming planes, this would be helpful for ships because they can try and shoot down the planes that still can attack, and are heavy with weapons
---------------------------------
also, being able to add comms and datalinks within the editor, not haveing to use SBR scripts
---------------
That is all I can think of now, it may not be all I have thought of, as I may of forget some typing this out

ok this was not a reply to the person above me but it made it that way
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Ok there's a lot here and just spot checking there are a bunch of things in the game that you are missing.

Please do review our documentation and see if you can cut down on that list. We'll be happy to address items after.
Documentation

A printer-friendly (and some would argue, also eyes-friendly) of the Command user manual is available for download here: tm.asp?m=3418599

The manual refers to the original version v1.00 of the game, and the updates released since have added a plethora of new features and improvements. To get up to speed on what's new, see the Manual Addendum section on the WarfareSims site: http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=2695

There is also the new Mega-FAQ here: http://www.warfaresims.com/?page_id=2920 . Take a look there before asking your first questions, chances are that the answer is already there.

Lua Documentation: https://commandlua.github.io/

Thanks!

Mike
inanetunaman

Post by inanetunaman »

ok, i will look for overlaps, but some are hard to find(also worth noting i started this list before the last update) and try to shorten the list), although i had not found any of overlaps on a very quick glance(i will look more), are there any specifics that stand out(and killed this list)

i also will point out that some things(at least for the steam one before this) i suggest are there because it could be easier as not everyone is a programmer(meaning that there would be more things to play if people could make them easily)
can i still ask for a aircraft land/taking off trigger(there is none right now), and and an short range air to air laser right now?

well the update gave it a laser, but it won't fire

Rory Noonan

Post by Rory Noonan »

ORIGINAL: inanetunaman

Also, maybe have the aircraft bellow flight size do not take off, function be improved a bit, as disabling it seems to make second strikes take off as single planes because they did not all land at the EXACT same time, maybe have it build squads with any plane that is within 2 min of being ready, so it still groups you aircraft when they should be, but are not because one has a few more mins to go
AFAIK in this situation (where your planes have landed a few mins apart) the mission will launch automatically when it meets the 'flight size' & 'minimum flights' criteria.

If that's not working, then I'd say it's a tech support issue because it's designed to work that way.
A generic carrier that acts like an airbase with a short runway, but is not the huge battle island , I ask for this because many nations do not have carrier planes of their own
Pick any carrier in the db. There's your generic carrier.
Ability to edit engines and fuel scores, I know you can do mock nuclear by having a LUA script reset your fuel supply ever 5min
If you mean editing available fuel that's already a feature.

Or do you mean edit fuel consumption?
This stuff is highly classified IRL (so not everyone has access to it from a game perspective), and would also allow players to 'game' the sim way too easily.
Unit landings without massive scripts, although you would need an ammo store for this, as it would be bad if you could create infinite infantry squads with unlimited magazines
Define massive? I am a Lua noob and I could script that in less than 50 lines.
Supply trunk, there are supply ships, but not a mobile unit version
There are ammo trucks. Fuel is not modelled for ground units or airbases yet.

There are some great suggestions in there, but the ones above are probably what Mike is talking about.
inanetunaman

Post by inanetunaman »

but many nations do not have carrier planes, i asked for one that acts like a single unit airfield, it would be better to ask for the ability to allow planes to be made into carrier planes, but they won't let us do that

for fuel
no, i mean changing the maximum amount , or switching form gas to oil, or even nuclear

for sonar and radar:
i mean the simplified version that the game we can get uses, it can't have extremely classified information, because it is possible to get it, just not easily

----------- but i will just change the big list

although, the ammo truck was an overlap
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Ok there are 3 generic carriers in the DB search for Generic Catobar Carrier. ID's are 2906, 2624 and 2625. You may find others if you look.

As far as generic radars there are tons. Try adding a sensor to whatever and search for generic.

Thanks

Mike
inanetunaman

Post by inanetunaman »

ok, i timed the list, although i do not know how the AI was altered in the last update
and i looked at the new database, not the pre-update one
there should not be things that already exist anymore, unless something is deeply hidden
----------------------------------

Cleaned up a bit, but I do not know how the AIs work in the new ones, so I will leave those ones

I still want a layout editor, but since you don’t want us to be able to edit databases, it would help if there was an “aircraft launched” and “aircraft landed” trigger, so we could add and remove weapons (and sensors/datalinks that they need) as the planes take off, and we could use LUA scripts to only apply the changes if it is has a certain layout
the example I have that this would help for is that brazil’s A-4 has 2 AA layouts with very similar layouts, so if the plane took off with one of the layouts it would remove one fuel tank and add a new missile(super r.530 in this case)
it would also be nice if there was extra layouts at the end, like (unused AA, or unused strike) that have the planes take off without any weapons (except guns) but still have armed ready times and still allow you to add weapons inside the layout so they effect the weight, I have found this works fine with normal layouts, except does not work with ferry or recon layouts

also, letting us edit the layouts with SBR and LUA, not the database, but the 1 time layout in the air, it will then still take weapon weight into account, or add a “layout” that when added to the range and agility calculation, if you use the editor to add a new missile to your layout it does this, but the change does not happen in delta templets and does not last when relaunched

---------
Similar to that, it would be helpful if you could select “prohibited layouts” in the editor, like not allowing the 4 phoenix layout, but allowing the 1 and 2 phoenix layouts, but for more than one plane(not just only giving the base 2 phoenix missiles
Or possibly not allowing certain planes to change layouts
-------------
The ship AI needs work, if you turn off standoff distance (to get better hit rate, or to use secondary weapons) they ships seem intent to ram the other ship, completely ignore the fact that they take up space themselves and then overshooting the ship and if you zoom in it looks like 2 planes fighting, this makes sense for a small very fast boat, but not a destroyer getting close to a carrier
They should need to keep their ship length away from another ship, or they would of collided in RL
Also, I noticed that ships with depth charges don’t try and overtake submarines to drop their weapons, they try and turn around before getting out of range
Another thing that would be useful would be a doctrine option to add any attacking ship to their target list if they do not engage non-mission targets
ALSO MAKE IT SO SHIPS AVOID BEING HIT BY THEIR OWN UNGIDED TORPEDOS AND ROCKETS, OR WON’T FIRE SOMETHING THAT WILL HURT THEM OR THEIR FRENDS(DON’T SHOOT A 403MM ROUND AT A SHIP THAT ONE OF YOUR OTHER SHIPS IS CLOSE TO) (all caps for my lost PT boat) (also would apply to planes bombing near you units)
------------------
The sub AI could have a few improvements, mostly more options
First off, it would be helpful to tell them to limit speed when their battery is low in the doctrine window, like cruse only when battery is less than 50% unless running from torpedoes
It would also be helpful if there was settings about surfacing to attack with guns, this setting would override the dive when threat setting, but only when they try to attack

66 ft periscope depth is not that unrealistic if you measure from the bottom, but 0 is still surfaced, so that would mean it was a 66ft long periscope, but this has little effect on gameplay
Also, there are some arrears were a sub should not be allowed to be underwater, they are limited to dive past those points, but if 66ft is periscope depth, 24 feet should not be underwater
Outside of that, it seems good
-----------------------------------------
The airplane AI seems great, but there are a few things I think would be better if change
The single-minded RTB plans, I have seen plenty of times when a plane is killed because it goes to refuel or RTB near enemies, they were going in to attack, but then leave and won’t turn or go faster than 480kts and get killed, it would help if you could tell them to continue at high speed (if they have the fuel) it would also be helpful if there was an option to have RTBing planes turn around and engage pursuers, as I have had times when a plane still has sidewinders left and an older fighter is chasing them for a gun kill(also the plane won’t throttle up to avoid it), and they get killed, when they may of made it if they had turned around and defended themselves
It would also be helpful if there was a “yes unless illumining for weapon” option in the automatic evasion doctrine setting
With that last line, another interesting(but probably annoying) feature would be if novice pilots lose their nerve with that setting, and evade anyway making their weapon miss
--------------------------------------------
It would be helpful if you could click and open the database viewer then adding aircraft with the ctrl f6 menu, and not have to have them both open at the same time
---------------------------
Could the generic chaff and flare rockets work for land units like tanks, they don’t, also maybe for surfaced subs
--------------------------------------
Detail of how decoys work in their database viewer, as well has a database viewer for sensors(also, the simple version)
---------------------------------------------------------------
“Search” missions, combining AEW and ASW searches into one mission, support can do this for AEW, but it would be nice if there was a search mission were they would fly to maximize search area, and possibly have multiple planes work together automatically, like drones flying to radar contacts
---------------------------------------
Separate “nuclear strike” mission to preset attacks, as well with predefining were to detonate, having it active would cause each unit in the mission to be ready to fire, but you would still need to click on something to launch
-----------------------------------------------
Generic radar illuminators that can guide any SARH weapons,
There was a lot of new generic sensors , but not a specific illumator, I will test
Option to add sensor guidance to mounts
------------------------------------------------
Now another major one
Groups of ships (still needed)
First off, the group should really set the group speed settings to the speed of the slowest unit, if you carrier can go 35kts that does not mean the whole fleet can, and the leave ships behind when you use manual speeds, also it make it really easy use up all your fuel if you don’t realize that the cruise setting for you group makes some ships use their full setting
also units with similar max speeds seem to have trouble, the case I have is when some of my frigates fell behind, despite the fact they can travel 1kt faster than the lead ship, the group setting was 32kts, and they went 30kts (full speed) but there flank speed was 33 kts, they should not of fallen behind when they are faster, but I am not sure if the AI can order ships to go at any speed, or if there is some other reason some ships go faster than others when ordered to go the same speed
It would also be helpful if there was range/bearing lines from the main unit, for people that may be a bit OCD about fleet symmetry
Larger aircraft squadrons, so you could have a WWII style bomber group, possible have a box to enter a number
-------------------------------------------------------
We got a bunch more lasers in the update that was not automatic, but they won’t fire anymore
I would still want to ask for one without a minimum range
Also, as a minor thing, could I get a solid fiber laser with 10 max shots, the are ways to force this(like putting it in a machine gun mount
But thanks anyway here
--------------------------------------------------------------
possibly have a fixed gun option, were there is no firing ark, just a single fixed angle(although, this probably means a 1 degree ark)
-------------------------------------------------
Note, I am asking for one that acts like a single unit airfield, and can launch land based planes, as many nations(like Iran) do not have carrier based planes of their own, but do have planes that are carrier based for other in other nations
------------------------------------------------------
Note, beforehand, not by events
meaning adding AIP, or switching diesel to oil, and the ability to change the max ammount
----------------------------------------------------
With the simplified version the game uses, not the RL values
-----------------------------------------------------------
Ship mounted railguns
------------------------------------------------------------------
v/
Unit landings without scripts
External fuel tank mount that can be added to planes
----------------------------------------------------------
Generic “transforming” weapon, this is not real, but would be a ammo box that becomes what is needed when it is unloaded this would save TONS of time making supply ships, and especially land bases
Also this should apply to docked ships

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Doctrine option to engage opportunity targets like AEWs if there are no fighters around, but not to if they would be in tons of danger
Being able to tow damaged ships or small boats that ran out of fuel

Being able to add fuel tanks as a weapon in a magazine as I sometimes need a certain fuel type for a single ship, and adding another tanker seems overkill
Like adding “1 ton diesel fuel” to a munitions magazine

It would be helpful if you could give target priories to you units, like shoot bombers first, or attack AEW planes to blind them, or to have your fighters attack other fighters first to protect themselves
-----------------------------------
TALD to be used in missions, or the ability to target planes or sams with them, intending to try and make them waste ammo
Pop up message control, I personally like to have a popup message to warn me when there is a missile fired at me so I can stop time compression, but it gets really annoying when a lot of missiles are fired at once(also when nukes go off)
This is also really bad when one of your ships is shot at with a 12.7mm MG, as it almost freezes the game as you can’t do anything until the message is gone, and you are hit again a second after it
I would be helpful if there was an option to have a pop up message once, but will not give another message for 5 RL seconds
Also maybe an option to not give messages when a nuke goes off, and then give a report of what was lost after the explosion is over
---------------------------------------------------
v/
Sort by type option for the editor, so you can see all minesweepers, or all IR guided anti-surface missiles
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Identify command, were you unit will get as close as needed to ID something, but will then turn away
I want this because sometimes manually moving my plan under cloud cover gets them killed because I make them get to close
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also from steam, ability to target incoming planes, this would be helpful for ships because they can try and shoot down the planes that still can attack, and are heavy with weapons
---------------------------------

Cousteau

Post by Cousteau »

Hi,

simple request : the ability to force a facility to be settle at sea.it could be particulary usefull when you want to create a port - based on satellite images - and the coast is not enough accurate to put items at the correct location.
inanetunaman

Post by inanetunaman »

ORIGINAL: Cousteau

Hi,

simple request : the ability to force a facility to be settle at sea.it could be particulary usefull when you want to create a port - based on satellite images - and the coast is not enough accurate to put items at the correct location.

that would be helpful

although, you can do this, first place the building on land, and then move them with the M key to their intended location (at least i could
Cousteau

Post by Cousteau »

yes, i notice that, but it doesn't work with an import file. Things at sea flow, when you import the port. :)
Mini_Von

Post by Mini_Von »

How about unit specific directional symbols which can be selected from a list of available icons. I think it would be really cool and very moddable to be able to have an appropriate silhouette for different types of aircraft. You would be able to differentiate the type of aircraft at a glance instead of clicking on the icon to see what it is.

Attachments
222.jpg
222.jpg (199.83 KiB) Viewed 176 times
Cousteau

Post by Cousteau »

Hi,

read from an other post but simply unavoidable: fuel stock management for airport (if fuel tank explode, no more flight) [:-]

by extent : an attribute to set the flow at which replenish fuel stocks and/or refill plane's tanks by trucks (in case of airport's fuel tank destruction). Such as : 1000 liters/2 hours (*)

(*) liter is a world unit for gallons [:D]
ColonelMolerat

Post by ColonelMolerat »

1. A) Could it be made a little easier to distinguish between allied and own units when they're parked please?

For example, I'm playing the 'You Brexit You Fix It' scenario, and since some units on the map belong to allies, and some belong to me but are parked on allied bases, it can be hard to tell what I have control over. For example, an airbase may have 'A' to show it is allied, but there's no way to tell who the planes parked there belong to. A 'side' listing after their name on the airbase, or having allied-controlled planes coloured red for unavailable, could help, for instance.

B) And could allied bases have the 'magazines' button available? At the moment if you are sending a unit to an allied base there's no way to tell if it will be able to rearm (unless you have other units already there so you can open the 'ready/set loadout' window).

(Edit, a couple more):

2: Sometimes when there are a lot of units close together, it can be hard to tell which one a particular range circle belongs to. Could this be made easier? Perhaps by allowing you to select a unit by clicking on its range circle? Although this is a tricky one to think of an elegant solution to!

3. Finally, perhaps A) a way to view the order of battle by current loadout? To help get an idea of what balance of weaponry you have ready/being readied, or to quickly find aircraft with a particular loadout? and

B) an 'Unassigned' section of the 'Units By Mission/Task' tab on the Order of Battle window, so you can see any units not on a mission?

Sorry to add more demands, the game's bloody great as it is!
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

I think weather modeling would be cool; I am sure that that would be a lot of work as aircraft would have to have a section in their information as to whether they were all weather etc. But that would be cool.
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
inanetunaman

Post by inanetunaman »

from multiple people on steam(although not me specifically)

language translations for the game and the manual

or just even a text only version of the manual(not a PDF) so the text can be translated by software(probably goggle translate)
tjhkkr

Post by tjhkkr »

ORIGINAL: Mini_Von

How about unit specific directional symbols which can be selected from a list of available icons. I think it would be really cool and very moddable to be able to have an appropriate silhouette for different types of aircraft. You would be able to differentiate the type of aircraft at a glance instead of clicking on the icon to see what it is.

That would be neat, and I like it, but I bet it would be space hog
Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.
nats

RE: RUNNING POLL - gameplay features

Post by nats »

Some things stand out as being needed for this game:

1. Being able to program ASW beacon drop locations - there are many times I am flying a manual route with a plane to try to find a target and I presently have to micromanage all the ASW beacon dropping. How great it would be for me to be able to set this in either a mission setting (passive beacon every 5 miles etc) or be able to mouse pick a string of locations for the plane to automatically drop beacons when it reaches them. Would save loads of hastle.

2. Print screen - there is no easy way to print screen using the Steam version

3. Mouse panning the map - either by grabbing the map using the RMB or moving the mouse to the edges of the screen to pan it

4. 2x speed for the many times when 5x is too fast and 1x is too slow

5. I wish there was a way you could set the game to slow down to 1x speed on the first unknown weapon/enemy contact. I know there are pop up menus but they are annoying and distruptive to the game so I dont like them and if you set them to appear they appear every flaming time you see a weapon which is not what I want. I would love there to be a setting where on any contact of an unknown enemy or weapon the game goes to 1x speed so you can take you time to go and find the enemy. It would save having to have my hand constantly over the spacebar in 5x speed etc in case a missile is discovered heading for one of my ships for example.

6. I wish there was a way you could click on any item in the log and get taken straight to the location of the message's focus. Loads of times I get a weapon or enemy message and I have to then hunt around for it for ages. How easy would it be to allow me to go straight there by clicking on the log?

Thats it. Its a great game and I am enjoying it a lot - but with a few of the above features it could be made into a far more enjoyable, smooth playing experience IMO.
"Its life Jim, but not as we know it"
Cousteau

Post by Cousteau »

Hi,

like the idea of the map mouse grab system (but with the LMB [;)]) and the 2x speed accel. the idea number 6 is just mandatory (a standard in many games with messages)...

some other simple things :

using the map projection to draw the range/bearing rule (sorry for my english if not the good word) and to create area. These tools are using a plan projection, not a spherical one. It also would be nice to have a fixed range tool, fixed to a "thing" (missile, boat, plane) and with the bearing equal to the bearing of the thing. The cursor will indicate range and ETA at the cursor position.

Peter66

Post by Peter66 »

I would like to see the feature to rename multiple reference points at the same time. Naming RP's allow you to keep track of which ones are for what (100nm AAW / AEW Track etc). This is a tedious when you have lots of RP's to rename.
"Is game hard to pick up?" <- easier to pick up than most women.
ParachuteProne

Post by ParachuteProne »

ORIGINAL: tjhkkr
ORIGINAL: Mini_Von

That would be neat, and I like it, but I bet it would be space hog

I would like this as well. Would give the game a bit more atmosphere.

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”