String of Pearls Project

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

magi

RE: String of Pearls Project

Post by magi »

i like the idea of sea basing and the meb/fob.... but they need to be supplied with munitions.... i really keen on logistics and like to see it as active part of a scenario and command...

with red having 3 hi end aaw cruisers and a modern frigate.. and the bases iad's... given the mission this is a pretty tough nut to crack... and would probably take the whole tool kit... aew..isr.. ocem.. sead/dead.. and hi end stand off munitions.. per doctrine to prevail with acceptable losses...
kevinkins

Post by kevinkins »

Hi Magi

PM sent shortly with proposed changes and sea base clarifications for the player.

Thanks for testing.

Kevin
“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
Alfred Thayer Mahan
magi

Post by magi »

okidokie... got it... waiting for the next version....
kevinkins

Post by kevinkins »

Nice video of the USNS Montford Point Parking Hovercraft

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDt7VwKNmYo
“The study of history lies at the foundation of all sound military conclusions and practice.”
Alfred Thayer Mahan
kevinkins

Post by kevinkins »

Magi and I have upgraded the Scenario significantly and it will be posted for the weekend. The scenario retains the basic sea basing idea but with a lot more tactical possibilities across the board. If you have played it before, it is worth another run through since there could be a surprise or two awaiting ... please stand by.

Kevin
Alfred Thayer Mahan
magi

Post by magi »

Kevin..... when you attach the new version file to this thread… I believe you should also put it in your first posting… With a little notation… That way folks will see it immediately… I am keenly interested in seeing the feedback on this… Even I haven't played it all the way through yet… Although I will get on my computer now and have some fun with it…
kevinkins

Post by kevinkins »

New Beta4 ..."String of Pearls 2020B4" Please go to the top of this thread to find the new zip file. Thanks.

There are several supply ships that are placed for illustrative purposes only. The OOB is not final and not a complete list. Please check all your forces for planning.

Kevin and Magi
Alfred Thayer Mahan
magi

Post by magi »

I will check it out.....
magi

Post by magi »

gotta turn god eye off....
MichaelJCuozzo

Post by MichaelJCuozzo »

ORIGINAL: magi

well... ive thought about this... and this is just a suggestion... as india has agreed to allowed the us to use the base you could add a single unit blue AB as a component to it... and call it INS Garuda/usa.. or whatever... that way you could have your aew.. f/a-18's.. growlers.. a couple of tankers.. p8's.. hi-end strike munitions etc whatever.... and it would be very plausible as the political/military dynamics already exist in your story line... then you could get rid of the cvn... use the lha/lhd with a mix of sea assets and your MEB.... walla... it would be more realistic and kinda cool....

im using a rq-180 for isr.... they are amazing... i also have an mq-c4 triton.... very useful... its so hard to find any mobile units... until they shoot you...

Hi guys. I started playing the scenario a bit yesterday and like it so far :) You make a good point here. I think that a blue airfield unit is a perfect fit for you scenario and is much more realistic. More importantly, it streamlines the process for launching strikes against Sri Lanka, as well as support missions and such. Just a thought. Like what I see so far and will chime in when I finish it up.
magi

Post by magi »

Kevin has the forward base being created with the sea base assets ..... it will be able to handle STOL aircraft..... there are enough assets and munitions to complete the Alpha mission of destroying red-base and they're shipping… you will find some support aircraft at the Indian airbase.... However (I believe) it's very challenging as red have layers of defense… And the J 31s are very formidable .....
kevinkins

Post by kevinkins »

Additionally, testers, please comment on the sea base mechanics and establishment of the temporary A/F since they will play a big part in the rest of the String of Pearls scenarios if the sea base idea is well received.

Kevin
Alfred Thayer Mahan
Dysta

Post by Dysta »

Although it's an economical approach of the (Maritime) Silk Road described in this article, it has important connection for Chinese strategy, and eventually, a potential security network along with its routes.

http://www.ssoar.info/ssoar/bitstream/h ... sequence=1

For instance, the military logistics need affordable alternatives just as much as the cooperation with neighbors. If all the Silk Road are just as open as civilian trading network, you may expect the convenience for transport and deploying military assets as well.

Especially with some economic corridors nearby China's adversaries, the more alternatives to project military strengths, the more like the economic development could be antagonized as military threat too.

TLDR, should the land based trading routes adding into the String of Pearl Project?
stilesw

Post by stilesw »

PDF document re "U.S. and Chinese Silk Road initiatives" placed in the reference library. Thanks for the article.

Anyone who would like access to the Dropbox library please PM me with your email address.

-Wayne
“There is no limit to what a man can do so long as he does not care a straw who gets the credit for it.”

Charles Edward Montague, English novelist and essayist
~Disenchantment, ch. 15 (1922)
kevinkins

Post by kevinkins »

TLDR, should the land based trading routes adding into the String of Pearl Project?

Good idea. I just wonder how much "civilian traffic" would get in the way of military strikes. Of course weeding out the military from the civilian might be an interesting problem to solve.

Kevin
Alfred Thayer Mahan
magi

Post by magi »

Kevin.... i am posting v 2020b4.2 here where i fixed a couple of glitches...... no major changes...
Attachments
Stringof..2020B4.2.zip
(260.65 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
magi

Post by magi »

here is v 2020b5 with latest command updates....
Attachments
Stringof..l2020B5.zip
(260.23 KiB) Downloaded 33 times
kevinkins

Post by kevinkins »

The scenario reside in the "ready" thread.

kevinkin & magi
Alfred Thayer Mahan
jimmyblond

Post by jimmyblond »

You have chosen the SV-22A Osprey to do the inital landings. This is the dedicated ASW version of the Osprey. Please use the CV-22A Osprey instead.
kevinkins

Post by kevinkins »

Thanks. We will make the correction shortly. Do not swap them now as that might mess up the event coding. Please lets us know any additional thoughts as you conduct operations.

Kevin
Alfred Thayer Mahan

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”