The Rise and Fall Of An Empire!

Please post here for questions and discussion about modding for Strategic Command.
Iñaki Harrizabalagatar

RE: The Rise and Fall Of An Empire!

Post by Iñaki Harrizabalagatar »

ORIGINAL: SIPRES

you mean something like 1813 campaign (maybe brigade scale)?
its something I was wondering about, but I am just doing graphics....

In case you can do it and need some counters artwork (Swedish, Prussians ect.. then I can help you.
But in such case I think you should start a new thread for a new MOD.

I still hope Kirk will come back and then we can continue the R&F MOD

No, it was just a suggestion to anyone willing to do it.
TheBattlefield

Post by TheBattlefield »

ORIGINAL: sad ham

Maybe the project was too ambitious.[:(]
Do you think Kirk has overrated his possibilities and is now on the run? This is something I do not really imagine. He has already delivered several mods and has always been enthusiastic about his possibilities...and he was not alone.

Elite Forces - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4491689
sad ham

Post by sad ham »

I hope not. I really would like to have and play this mod. Anyway is strange that somebody disappears without tell anything to his partners in this project.
Don't you have his phone number or any way to contact him?
TheBattlefield

Post by TheBattlefield »

Unfortunately not. Communication took place exclusively via the Matrix-messenger.
Elite Forces - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4491689
warspite1

Post by warspite1 »

I tried to PM him but it came up not a valid address [&:] I do hope Kirk is okay.
Now Maitland, now's your time!

Duke of Wellington to 1st Guards Brigade - Waterloo 18 June 1815
BillRunacre

Post by BillRunacre »

It's certainly a shame if Kirk doesn't return. [&:]
ORIGINAL: Iñaki Harrizabalagatar

I wonder, what about making a small campaign Napoleonic scenario with a new map and smaller map scale?

This is a good suggestion, maybe someone with a little spare time can have a go at something small, as it may even encourage other modders to come forth and fill Kirk's place if he doesn't reappear.

I have thought before about the Napoleonic wars and taken as a whole they are rather large and requiring lots of work, but considering individual campaigns should make it far more achievable, and larger campaigns could then be built from there perhaps.

Maybe even starting with a battle just to get the juices flowing?
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
TheBattlefield

Post by TheBattlefield »

ORIGINAL: Bill Runacre

It's certainly a shame if Kirk doesn't return. [&:]
ORIGINAL: Iñaki Harrizabalagatar

I wonder, what about making a small campaign Napoleonic scenario with a new map and smaller map scale?

This is a good suggestion, maybe someone with a little spare time can have a go at something small, as it may even encourage other modders to come forth and fill Kirk's place if he doesn't reappear.

I have thought before about the Napoleonic wars and taken as a whole they are rather large and requiring lots of work, but considering individual campaigns should make it far more achievable, and larger campaigns could then be built from there perhaps.

Maybe even starting with a battle just to get the juices flowing?
I want to be fair. The whole project was somehow Kirk's baby. Apart from a few graphic creations and basic help in the sense of a forge of ideas, SIPRES and I (so far) have had only a very small part of the campaign. No one knows what happened to Kirk. He could indeed have been torn from his normal everyday life by very tragic events. It's the way it is. An indefinite pause of all work on this project was the logical consequence. Everything else, including the production of a small Napoleonic battle, seemed too desperate to us in view of the task at hand. Of course, we also raise thoughts about the targeted genre. Of course we were hooked by our work...and frustrated by the early end.

And, of course, SIPRES and I quickly found a new operating field. Even more demanding in the project but (hopefully) easier in the finalization. As branded children, we have not hanged our intentions again to the big bell and leave us a lot of time with the (enormous) work. But we have fun and ensure our progress regularly in a dropbox - accessible to everyone involved. When the time has come, there will be a little eyecandy for all. And we will call for help in time if we need it at a later date. But until then the new campaign should have a worthy and complete basic framework.

[:)]
Elite Forces - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4491689
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

Guys So sorry I have been absent for a while,because I had a bad fall while out Skiing! I have been in hospital for a Month,with 2 broken legs,a broken arm,3 broken ribs and a fractured skull! So I have not been in any fit state to work on the mod, but hopefully that will change in the near future,after I recover more from my injuries.[;)]
Make it so!
sPzAbt653

Post by sPzAbt653 »

Man, that sounds awful. Glad to hear you are recovering [:)]
Cataphract88

Post by Cataphract88 »

That's a long list of breakages, Kirk, Get well soon!
Richard
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

ORIGINAL: cataphract88

That's a long list of breakages, Kirk, Get well soon!

I have been skiing for years,and I had so far only suffered minor bumbs and bruises,well that was until this major fall,it will be months before I can even consider skiing again,which in away will be a good thing for the mod.[:)]
Make it so!
BillRunacre

Post by BillRunacre »

Sorry to hear that Kirk and I hope you're recovering well. [:)]
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

ORIGINAL: Bill Runacre

Sorry to hear that Kirk and I hope you're recovering well. [:)]

Thanks Bill[;)]

Make it so!
SIPRES

Post by SIPRES »

ORIGINAL: kirk23

Guys So sorry I have been absent for a while,because I had a bad fall while out Skiing! I have been in hospital for a Month,with 2 broken legs,a broken arm,3 broken ribs and a fractured skull! So I have not been in any fit state to work on the mod, but hopefully that will change in the near future,after I recover more from my injuries.[;)]

Hello Kirk,

Glad to hear you're back again.
Sounds like a severe fall[X(]

Have a good recover

Christophe
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

ORIGINAL: SIPRES

Hello Kirk,

Glad to hear you're back again.
Sounds like a severe fall[X(]

Have a good recover

Christophe

Rise & Fall MOD TEAM

Attachments
RiseFallMODTEAM.jpg
RiseFallMODTEAM.jpg (172.88 KiB) Viewed 590 times
Make it so!
sad ham

Post by sad ham »

After all maybe it is better that the team members give their phone numbers to each other. [:)]
OxfordGuy3

Post by OxfordGuy3 »

Blimey! Hope that the recovery is going well. I'm going skiing in the French Alps in a few weeks myself, hope I manage to survive it unscathed! I will definitely be wearing a helmet, especially as I've only have been skiing 3 times before...

On a more positive note, glad it sounds like development of this fantastic-looking mod will be continuing!
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his" - George S. Patton
kirk23

Post by kirk23 »

ORIGINAL: oxford_guy

Blimey! Hope that the recovery is going well. I'm going skiing in the French Alps in a few weeks myself, hope I manage to survive it unscathed! I will definitely be wearing a helmet, especially as I've only have been skiing 3 times before...

On a more positive note, glad it sounds like development of this fantastic-looking mod will be continuing!

Not only will the mod be continuing,it will be completed.. It's still in early stage of development,but even this early I'm extremely happy with the progress,this massive endeavour will not happen overnight,we are talking Months here.

As for my injuries I go into hospital again tomorrow for more Xrays,so fingers crossed all will be ok.[;)]
Make it so!
OxfordGuy3

Post by OxfordGuy3 »

Great, happy to help with any testing needed down the line.

Good luck with the X-Rays etc.!
"The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his" - George S. Patton
HimAgain

Post by HimAgain »

Holy Smokes! Sorry to hear about this Kirk23.
That must been a one nasty fall!

Get better soon.

Angus

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”