Scripted Arrivals

Please post here for questions and discussion about modding for Strategic Command.
Rand6897

Scripted Arrivals

Post by Rand6897 »

I'm working on a mod and I think I'd like to assign deployment dates for generals. Reason being for the cost investment the lower quality generals will be chosen last. At least that is my opinion or approach.

How a general will perform (like any unit) can be somewhat unknown and there is also political factors involved with their placement.

The pool of generals has been expanded (actual Kirk in his mod 'Europe in Turmoil' expanded the list as I'm modding his mod). I was going to randomly pick the generals for deployment at dates evenly distributed during the conflict, or prior to historical campaigns. For instance in early 41 the Germans will add another general or two, or three. Maybe not the best. Some notable commanders (Monty) will have a more historic arrival time.

My question is say Rommel is placed in the deployment queue either prior or before the DE for The DAK. How would this be handled by the program? If he is already on the map would he still be selected. If still in the queue would he be placed? The biggest question is could I end up with two Rommel units in the game?

Many thanks for any insight.
sPzAbt653

RE: Scripted Arrivals

Post by sPzAbt653 »

No two the SAME will be. The game will go to the next available, and if none are available it will be un-named.

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”