Russian Language Version?

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21, elmo3

Zoetermeer

Russian Language Version?

Post by Zoetermeer »

Is this available anywhere?
Denniss

RE: Russian Language Version?

Post by Denniss »

Only English/German are officially supported. You may use the translation.csv to create a russian version (always backup the file as a patch will overwrite it). But I don't know if the game is able to display the special characterset.
WitE dev team - (aircraft data)
WitE 1.08+ dev team (data/scenario maintainer)
WitW dev team (aircraft data, partial data/scenario maintainer)
WitE2 dev team (aircraft data)
Zoetermeer

Post by Zoetermeer »

Thanks, I'll give that a go and see what happens.
malyhin1517

Post by malyhin1517 »

The game will never support Russian language, as it does not support Cyrillic characters, use code page 1252 instead of 1251. There is such Russian partial translation in my version :) http://www.war-game.org/forum/72-848-1
Sorry, i use an online translator :(
Zoetermeer

Post by Zoetermeer »

Yeah sadly it appears you are right, just confirmed.
malyhin1517

Post by malyhin1517 »

В общем, после месяца танцев с бубном, мне удалось заменить родной немецкий перевод в игре на русский, которым и хочу с вами поделиться!

Перевод WITE любой версии на русский язык

Для перехода на русский язык, независимо от версии игры (после введения немецкого перевода естественно), надо скачать в папку Dat файл translation.csv с заменой файла само собой и просто в настройках игры выберите русский язык. Таким же образом можете вернуться на английский. Теперь переведен весь текст игры, кроме названий подразделений (не отображается кириллица в некоторых окнах) и описания сценариев (тоже кракозябры победить не смог). Так что описания сценариев теперь будут на немецком! :) По идее можете сами уже заменить их на английские, если не нравится. Лично я их все равно не читаю. К сожалению в некоторых случаях один и тот же текст (в основном аббревиатуры) переводится по-разному. Например SU это и СССР и ЧП (Части Поддержки), так что пришлось оставить английские аббревиатуры. Но зато переведен весь массив имен и фамилий советских генералов, их звания, названия всех населенных пунктов на карте (за исключением названий городов, использующихся в названиях округов и фронтов). Есть также проблема с отображением названий городов, в которых размещены полки ПВО, оставил пока так.

Просьба подсказать, если у кого-то возникнут еще другие проблемы.

In General, after a month of dancing with a tambourine, I was able to replace the native German translation in the game into Russian, which I want to share with you!

For the transition to the Russian language, regardless of the version of the game (after the introduction of the German translation of course), you need to download to a folder Dat file translation.csv file replacement itself and just in the game settings, select the Russian language. In the same way you can return to English. Now translated the entire text of the game, except the names of units (Cyrillic is not displayed in some Windows) and description of scenarios (also the bugs could not win). So the scenario descriptions are now in German! :) In theory, you can already replace them with English, if you do not like. Personally, I can't read. Unfortunately, in some cases the same text (mostly abbreviations) is translated differently. For example SU is the Soviet Union and the emergency (Supporting), so I had to leave the English abbreviation. But it transferred the entire array of names of the Soviet generals, their rank, the names of all settlements on the map (except the city names used in the names of districts and fronts). There is also a problem with display of names of the cities in which regiments of air defense are placed, left so far so.

Please tell me if anyone else has other problems.
thedoctorking

Post by thedoctorking »

You know, it would be really nice if the Soviet units had Russian text for their unit designations, etc., even if you wanted English in the game-functional parts of the description. Just for the immersive value.
Chris21wen

Post by Chris21wen »

ORIGINAL: thedoctorking

You know, it would be really nice if the Soviet units had Russian text for their unit designations, etc., even if you wanted English in the game-functional parts of the description. Just for the immersive value.

It might to you, not to me, I've got enough problems understanding the Anglized version of Russian names as it is.
malyhin1517

Post by malyhin1517 »

ORIGINAL: thedoctorking

Unfortunately, the game does not display the names of units in Cyrillic, otherwise I would of course also translated! :)

The link to the file corrected...

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”