Tigers on the Hunt Day --Feburary 25th

Tigers on the Hunt is a World War 2 hard-core tactical wargame for PC.

It creates a truly and immersive depth tactical simulation. Tigers on the Hunt boasts a ferocious and adaptive AI which will dynamically respond to a player’s maneuvers.

Moderators: Paullus, Peter Fisla

idjester

Tigers on the Hunt Day --Feburary 25th

Post by idjester »

This was posted/started in another forum but I think this should be posted on the front page for everyone to see.

For the unaware....

Feburary 25th will be the 1st anniversary of the release of Tigers on the Hunt and we are planning a special day in honor of all of the hard work Peter and Jogen have done.

I would like this thread to be used for anyone wishing to give their fondest moments from the last year, or best scenario played, or maybe just your thanks. Talk about whatever TOTH means to you...

And also if you would like to post: if you are doing anything special for TOTH day (playing a special scenarios, releasing a new scenario, playing one of the campaign games, or posting any video, ect...) This way the community can see what is coming up for TOTH.

Attachments
DSCF5593b.jpg
DSCF5593b.jpg (113.04 KiB) Viewed 201 times
idjester

RE: Tigers on the Hunt Day --Feburary 25th

Post by idjester »

I'll start...

TOTH was rated by me as 2016 strategy game of the year. I have spend more time with this game in the last year then all my other games combined. It's not perfect, but this game allows me to play infantry combat scenarios as realistic as I think possible. When I compare this game to other tactical wargames its like comparing apples to organges in details and gameplay. TOTH gives me that oldtime feeling of playing wargames from the past and to get that feeling back after all these years is priceless to me. It's like finding a long lost and getting those feelings back all over again. No other game has ever done that for me and that is why I appricate this game so much.

In honor of Tigers on the Hunt Day -- I will be live streaming a special scenario "Thunder over Boislonde" by LN59 assuming he gets it done it time. Look at post #409 in the Mods and Scenarios forum.

This live stream will be at 9:00-11:00 AM EST on Feburary 25th. This way all my friends from Europe can hopefully make it. Notice that is am not pm as usual.

Join us at www.twitch.tv/idjester for some great live action of TOTH.

As a personal note.. I would like to send out a super big, huge, thanks to Peter and Jorgen for all of the hard work they have done in the last few years to make TOTH such a fine game. Without their dedication and support TOTH wouldn't be such a rich and deep experience. Thanks guys from the bottom of my heart!!!!!!!

And also a super big shout out to ALL of the TOTH community. When I did my rating for strategy game of the year, it was the fact that you support this game so much that put it over the top. Thanks for the mods, thanks for the scenarios, and thanks for all of the help you give new players. Again without you TOTH wouldn't be the great game it is, SO THANKS!!!!

Fondest Moment -- playing a live stream of St. Naraire Raid v1.1 and thinking the scenario was over and I was going to get a major victory, only to have the Germans close combat a victory point hex on the last turn and turn that major victory into a minor victory... sigh... oh the humanity!!! Great move by the AI and totally unexpected.

Attachments
20454C929D..FE5AE6C2.jpg
20454C929D..FE5AE6C2.jpg (633.34 KiB) Viewed 202 times
rico21

Post by rico21 »

For one of the best game in the World, one of the best scenario in the World.[8D]
Red Barricades from Memoir44.[&o][&o][&o]

Attachments
redbarricadesmap.jpg
redbarricadesmap.jpg (144.09 KiB) Viewed 201 times
Doraniner

Post by Doraniner »

As a long time SL and ASL player I have been waiting for a game like TOTH for a long time. I really appreciate the work that was put into this game. A big thank you to Peter and everybody else involved in the development of TOTH [&o] .

Fondest moment -- Not one in particular, just browsing and trying the multitude of scenarios put up by the community. Also doing research and documenting to make my own scenarios and getting sidetracked by all the great stories I discover on the way (I only uploaded one scenario to date and have some in development that I will probably never finish [;)] ) .

What will I do on Tigers on the Hunt Day ? -- I will watch idjester's Twitch and start one of the Kursk campaign scenario, or work on creating a scenario [;)] .

I'm really enjoying TOTH and the great community on the forum...

Thank you all....

Hailstone

Post by Hailstone »

I have to say that I've played more TotH in a month than the 3 years I was playing the Squad Leader board game back in the early 80's. The support this game has is more than I have seen anywhere else. No matter how critical your post may be it is not responded to in kind but with helpful suggestions. Don't get me wrong, I do have some issues with the game but then that's because I give a damn. TotH brings a pureness to tactical war gaming as it is out of the box.
jascou

Post by jascou »

I enjoy this game immensely whenever I get a chance to play. It's the kind of game I like: fire it up, jump right and duke it out for an hour or three and walk away satisfied, win or lose. Yes, the game still requires a fair bit of polish but what is there hits the mark; the core is solid, and we already have a wide variety of official and community-produced scenarios --> thanks to the well designed editor; the large number of mods have simply been icing on the cake.

For me, the standout games were Defending Meximieux, Tigers to the Rescue, and of course, Hill 621.
Now, I'm enjoying CG003 - Bled White (I admit that I chose to use the editor to drop the visibility from the default of unlimited to get the scenario to run smoothly -- I arbitrarily chose 16 hexes as most weapons are a fairly useless beyond that point anyway. Unlimited visibility caused the game to crawl on my laptop. Hopefully, scenario designers will keep this in mind when crafting large scenarios in the future).

Now, like everybody else, I am looking forward to future additions: snipers, smoke, barricades, mines, loading stuff onto vehicles, etc, etc, etc...and PLEASE OH PLEASE, a decent LOS tool...I can never find a piece of thread handy when I need one. :)

demyansk

Post by demyansk »

I think I will buy this game
idjester

Post by idjester »

Make sure you are at the live steam early tomorrow, it starts at 9am EST with a special event video. Don't forget that is tomorrow morning 9am for the start of Tigers on the Hunt Day...

See you then.

www.twitch.tv/idjester
Cataphract88

Post by Cataphract88 »

Good luck with the day!
Richard
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

Well that was fun, thanks for doing the twitch tv idjester! I'm very must interested how the scenario will progress, I'm looking forward to the next session :) It was also nice to meet the fans of the game!

Cheers!
Big Ivan

Post by Big Ivan »

Yes idjester, excellent job on the live stream![&o]

It was great to have Peter, Jorgen and a few of the supporters of Tigers on the Hunt there. Very informative with the great discussions
that were going on.

All around good stuff![:)]

Big Ivan
Blitz call sign Big Ivan.
Hailstone

Post by Hailstone »

idjester, your twitch stream was fun to watch as always but then I'm laughing my ass off listening to your colorful commentary when your units are hit hard. Watching your twitch streams are what convinced me to purchase the TotH about 4-5 months ago and with no regrets I might add. Outstanding!
idjester

Post by idjester »

Thanks everyone for the kind words.... So glad Peter, Jorgen and a bunch of TOTH fans show up today. I think we even sold 2 more copies of the game to newbies so that was a plus.

Hope Peter can come more often and of course all the rest of you as well. Sorry the sound was low for video, its got to do with OBS software. There is probably a setting somewhere that I have turned down. I usually use X-Split for the broadcast but TOTH won't display the mouse cursor so I have to use OBS which isn't my favorite program and I'm too new to OBS to be any good.

And of course if you watch it later on my youtube channel (it is up already for you guys..) you won't get the movie sound because twitch blocked it for the video. I might just upload the video to youtube and see what happens.

*Update --(Live Stream and Intro Video are uploaded to my youtube channel.. Now you can feel what the intro video was supose to do with full sound and video... enjoy!!)

Thanks everyone that showed up and HAPPY TIGERS ON THE HUNT DAY TO EVERYONE....!!!~

I might live stream again later so keep your eyes open. If you subscribe to my twitch you should get an email when we go live.
davidyes7

Post by davidyes7 »

I was about 15 and I begged my mother not to give me anything but Squad Leader for Easter that year. It was magic as I punched out the 10 thousand counters getting those little slivers of paper all over the place. Absolute bliss.

For weeks I had the rules tucked in my books and folders when I was supposed to be doing school work.
I loved that game and got the expansions and the ASL stuff when it came out. The problem being I lost contact with my opponents and the game was put away in giant plastic totes. Some of the rulebooks and scenario cards have yellowed as they, and I, aged.

I thought about putting them on EBAY many times but couldn't bring myself to do it. Hoping beyond hope one day I would once again be able to sit at a table with tweezers and stacks of counters.

Fast forward many years and I find out about TOTH. I watched some of IDJester's gameplay videos and couldn't believe what I was watching. FINALLY! After all these years I can play SL again! This game is absolutely amazing. It takes seconds to set up. Endless scenarios. Play a game in a couple of hours. Absolutely incredible mods. Countless hours of fun! Many of the problems with ASL solved (LOS, Movement, DRMs, morale, etc. all done in nanoseconds). No need for opponents. To top it off there is a community of super creative TOTH enthusiasts.

My heartfelt thanks to the designers, distributors, modifiers, scenario scripters, presenters and players.
Respectfully,
Davidyes7
idjester

Post by idjester »

ORIGINAL: davidyes7

I was about 15 and I begged my mother not to give me anything but Squad Leader for Easter that year. It was magic as I punched out the 10 thousand counters getting those little slivers of paper all over the place. Absolute bliss.

For weeks I had the rules tucked in my books and folders when I was supposed to be doing school work.
I loved that game and got the expansions and the ASL stuff when it came out. The problem being I lost contact with my opponents and the game was put away in giant plastic totes. Some of the rulebooks and scenario cards have yellowed as they, and I, aged.

I thought about putting them on EBAY many times but couldn't bring myself to do it. Hoping beyond hope one day I would once again be able to sit at a table with tweezers and stacks of counters.

Fast forward many years and I find out about TOTH. I watched some of IDJester's gameplay videos and couldn't believe what I was watching. FINALLY! After all these years I can play SL again! This game is absolutely amazing. It takes seconds to set up. Endless scenarios. Play a game in a couple of hours. Absolutely incredible mods. Countless hours of fun! Many of the problems with ASL solved (LOS, Movement, DRMs, morale, etc. all done in nanoseconds). No need for opponents. To top it off there is a community of super creative TOTH enthusiasts.

My heartfelt thanks to the designers, distributors, modifiers, scenario scripters, presenters and players.
Respectfully,
Davidyes7

+1
Peter Fisla

Post by Peter Fisla »

Respectfully,
Davidyes7

Cool story, thanks for sharing :)
asl3d

Post by asl3d »

Respectfully,
Davidyes7

Davidyes7, your story is exactly mine.

Well, I have the SL and ASL games stored on various shelves in my son's room and have not yet thrown them out the window or sold them on eBay. Thank God.

Welcome home.
Semper fidelis

Return to “Tigers on the Hunt”