Submitted Scenarios

Moderators: Paullus, Peter Fisla

LN59

RE: Submitted Scenarios

Post by LN59 »

[:)] Idjester's custom scenarios "Fontenay-le-Pesnel": that looks absolutely terrific! Certainly, a master's lesson in the subtle Art of Designing new scenarios and campaigns...

[:)] I don't forget Rico21, Utexgrad, Big Ivan and those numerous TotH's Comrades who are giving us such a Great Fun with their own tough, historical or exotic scenarios!

[:)] Asl3d's Graphics mod: simply sublime. With aesthetically rendered maps and totally original, gorgeous new counters!

[:)] Official DLC "Kursk" (it doesn't need any superfluous comment).

Yes, indeed: that's Christmas every month on TotH's forum. Really.

I have to urgently put an end on my own "CB002 Thunder over Boislonde" scenario as a tribute to the TotH's community. It's about Normandy; june 18th, 1944; British vs Waffen SS; each side playable vs AI => two scenarios in one pack, like "CB001 Typhoon over Tula".
Some health and domestic issues did hamper me those last months, but the HUGE & ENTHUSIASTIC WORK done by all these [&o] Great Grunts (Peter & Jörgen too, obviously) makes me feel ready (again) in definitely putting the old, unfinished work on the craft! And all those I'm keeping asleep back in my storeroom, too. [;)]

Lilian

Post by dox44 »

+1
Missouri_Rebel

Post by Missouri_Rebel »

Thanks to all of you for making these scenarios. I tried my hand at making one and realized I suck at it so it's a good thing others are more proficient.
**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford
rico21

Post by rico21 »

The fact that people know how to appreciate it is also!
PS:Tip for scenario, tell simply the story of soldiers you want to play![;)]
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

I show 219 scenarios in my folder - including the originals and DLC. That makes around 200 from Rico's group. And each one has a different flavor. Hard to put a price tag on all that work, plus the excellent counter and map mods.

Thank you!
LN59

Post by LN59 »

[quote]WWII era, Tula area's Russian map. Please, see post #17 in this thread.

This map was drawn by a Soviet Staff Officer as a sketch showing Tula's defenses.

Surely "Top Secret" classified in a time where USSR was lacking good topographical

survey and so, "Nemets Fascists" (=Nazi Germans) too! [:D]

Attachments
Oborona_Tuly.jpg
Oborona_Tuly.jpg (251.72 KiB) Viewed 899 times
LN59

Post by LN59 »

Ooops! Sorry, wrong maneuver...
LN59

Post by LN59 »

ORIGINAL: LN59

Coming soon on this thread as a tribute to Idjester's "Operation Martlet" 3 scenarii:

<CB002 Thunder over Boislonde BR> (June 18th, 1944, Normandy).

Picture based on a WWII era, British Commonwealth's military map & a post-war commemorative "Carte Michelin".

Attachments
Boislonde_00.jpg
Boislonde_00.jpg (3.93 MiB) Viewed 897 times
LN59

Post by LN59 »

CB002 Thunder over Boislonde BR[v1.1]

German side scenario? Same post (#: 409) on March, 31st...

Updated: March 17th, 2017.
Dedicated to: "Tigers on the Hunt first BirthDay" on Saturday, February 25th, 2017.

Date: June 18th, 1944, some days before the launching of Operations Martlet & Epsom
Area: Normandy, West of Caen (British Sector, Height [cote] 102 area)
Abstract: BR Assault, with Reinforcements + --> [<- + GE Defense then Counterattack, with Reinforcements

Order of Battle:
49th Infantry Division's elements: 6th Battalion/the Duke of Wellington’s Regiment;
24th Lancers' tanks (Sherman V); 17pdr SP Achilles TD (from divisional reserve);
Battalion CO: Lieutenant-Colonel R.K. EXHAM, MC
versus
12.SS-Panzergrenadiere Division elements: two Kompanie (9. & 10.) from III.Bataillon/SS-Panzergrenadiere
Regiment 26 plus maneuver elements (Panzer IV & V) from 8.Kompanie/II.Bataillon/SS-Panzer Regiment 12;
Kampfgruppe CO: SS-Obersturmbannführer OLBOETER.

History(1):
- The newly arrived [June 16th] British 49th Infantry Division (West-Riding, [Yorkshire]) will attack
a position held by the 12.SS-Panzergrenadiere Division Hitlerjugend. The 49th is better known as the Polar Bears.
This was a pre-war territorial division that, by 1944, included units from most of Britain. They have received their
nickname by spending 18 months
[until late 1942] as a garrison force for Iceland.” They’ve earned an "Experienced"
assessment, while they didn't have fought any battle before Normandy. Nevertheless, they are rated "Elite" or "1st Line"
(as a Type) and "Veteran" or "Seasoned" (as an Experience) in game's terms. A way to reflect their high morale & training.
- The Germans didn't have any new divisions to throw into the battle, therefore the over-stretched 12.SS HJ
remained responsible for the defense. The HJ was already seriously affected by naval shelling, air bombing and
previous fighting.
” Following the combat of June 17th, they've settled two hundred meters back in a new prepared
position, after they've taken ~150 losses in a fierce struggle. British losses were 250 Tommies.
- Two Kompanie of the SS-Pz.Gren. Rgt. 26 - a reduced battalion - were holding Boislonde parkland and its manor”.
June 18th at dawn, the British will try again to seize this key position that lays between Cristot and Fontenay-le-Pesnel.

Best played as: British Human vs German AI
Difficulty to be set: NORMAL/HARD
Fog of War: ENABLED
Quality Path: HIGH

Side A - (AI: Hold)
Waffen-SS & a few Assault Engineers: LMG, MMG, HMG, MTR (light), DC, FT, PF, PSK, ATG, AFV (TK & HT), Radio & OBA (x1)
Side B - (Advance)
British Elite & 1st Line: LMG, MMG, HMG, MTR (light), DC, FT, PIAT, ATG, AFV (TK), Radios(x3), OBA (x2)

Length: 12 turns (only the British side will play on the last turn)
Map: new designed map
Terrain: Bocage & Woods (flat countryside), sparse Buildings (some FBL), Rubbles, Shell Holes, Trenches
Visibility: 9 hexes (i.e. Dust due to recent intensive shelling & smoke laying by heavy mortars)
The map is 33 (height) x 20 (width), 2 sectors
<Big Map> file included in ZIP for a future Campaign Game, but some <Sectors> are still void.
Note: the place where the real battle was fought was narrow; minus a square km wide!
All hexes are playable, with some deployment & reinforcement restrictions. Please, consider the map's upper left corner
as the North direction, towards Cristot. The lower right one is the South direction, towards Fontenay-le-Pesnel.

Your mission: as the British Commander, YOU HAVE TO SEIZE Château de Boislonde (Strongpoint & former Command Post),
its farming's outbuilding (rubble in the coppice nearby the Château) WHILE MINIMIZING YOUR LOSSES.
Victory conditions: the side with the most VP (balanced, i.e. asymmetric) at the end wins. Both sides will earn
VP by owning each hex of the three VP0s' building [12,19], [13,18] & [13,19] locally known as Château de Boislonde(2),
plus its annexes in hexes[10,22] (farmhouse), [17,9] (warden's house), [18,17] (garage) & [19,10] (gardener's house).
German side (AI) will earn KIA-VP & EXIT-VP too, these for Half Squads only (in facts: squads being reduced by combat
result), assuming the HS will "retreat to safety" with another day of fighting in mind. Please, be sure having a look
at the <Scenario Victory> panel (<Ctrl+Y> when playing) for more details.

Aftermath: one of the III.Bataillon Kompanie (10.Kompanie) has been quite annihilated in the park.
Then, the III.Bataillon CO led a counter-attack with 9.Kompanie and some Panzer IV, Panthers, Sd.Kfz.251 and heavy mortar fire.
The British were repulsed northwards but an accurate, devastating Allied artillery fire save the day in definitely
repulsing the fanaticized (3) but exhausted young Waffen-SS. Later, after Goodwood's success, the infamous Radio Berlin's
speaker "Lord Haw Haw" (a British born fascist) did favor the 49th Division as being real "Polar Bear Butchers"!
A kind of tribute from vice to Virtue.

Notes & Sources:
- Original Crescendo of Doom (SL) scenario: "Tonnerre sur Boislonde" by G. OSTERMANN, Casus Belli #8, May/June, 1982.
- (1)A great and highly valuable help” has been found on the web in the form of a tabletop game’s (figurines & models)
designed scenario: "A Walk in the Park" from "Blood and Honor - Hitlerjugend in Normandy", a Fire and Fury Games' campaign
by Richard DE FERRARS and Paddy GREEN (2011). Please, be sure to read the PDF file included in my ZIP file, or finding theirs'
at the following link: http://www.fireandfury.com/scenarios/bl ... slande.pdf.
An incredible rich source, full of details intended to help designers!
- BEEVOR, Antony, "D-DAY: THE BATTLE FOR NORMANDY", Viking (Penguin), 2009, French translation:
"D-DAY et la bataille de Normandie", Calmann-Lévy, 2009 (for its historical context's explanation).
- BERNAGE, Georges; MARI, Laurent; BENAMOU, Jean-Pierre; McNAIR, Ronald: "Album mémorial - Bataille de Normandie,
Normandy Invasion, 11 juin - 29 août 1944", Editions Heimdal, Bayeux, 1993. Translated to English by C. and J.-P.
HARDY. Invaluable WWII era's snapshots; OOB, movements & battlefields general maps; accurate & vivid comments.
- Wikipedia: hints about the units involved.
- Maps:
* MICHELIN, 1/200000 Map #102, "Battle of Normandy", 1947 (1984 reprint)
* IGN, 1/100000 Map #6, "Caen-Cherbourg", 1st edition, 1974
* Google Maps & Google Earth
- (2) Not a medieval castle but a rather elegant, late 18th/early 19th century residence and a large landowner's estate.
Totally erased during 1944 fighting. Nowadays, a large modern farm has been erected just where the Château was formerly settled.
- (3) Cruel events to remember and never forget. 12 SS-Pz.Gren. Div. HJ & its II.Kompanie/SS-Pz. Aufklärung Abteilung 12
in particular (the divisional recce battalion), were involved in the killing of 86 civilians at Ascq (near Lille, only 24 miles away
from my home) on 1st April 1944. The youngest victim was 15 years old…
On 8th June 1944, the same SS unit slaughtered 48 Canadians & 2 British soldiers (wounded & POW) at Audrieu,
just 2 miles away (NNW) from Boislonde.

>>> Last minute:

Twelve <Setup Hexes> to deploy the 2 British 6 pdr AT guns ; 1 at Start, 1 as Reinforcement,
while they can't be moved when playing against AI but only when playing H2H.
Thanks to Idjester and Paullus for that precious hint!
<Saved Game> as Starting Point. Enclosed in the ZIP file is a <.SAV> file:
"CB002_BR[v1.1]_LN59_Initial_Deployment" for Side A [BR] <Pre-Game Setup Segment>.
While being still modifiable, this is intended to permit a quick start without the long process of deploying British forces.
<After Action Report>. An analysis of the starting situation and British strategy will be posted on the <AAR> Thread
(Location names & Starting lines for both sides).

LN59
Attachments
CB002_Bois.._BR_scen.zip
(5.43 MiB) Downloaded 284 times

Post by idjester »

WOW, that is increadibly cool... great job on this man. Your amazing. [&o][&o][&o]

Coming soon on this thread as a tribute to Idjester's "Operation Martlet" 3 scenarii:

<CB002 Thunder over Boislonde BR> (June 18th, 1944, Normandy).

Picture based on a WWII era, British Commonwealth's military map & a post-war commemorative "Carte Michelin".

[&o]
LN59

Post by LN59 »

Hi, Idjester!

Such a kind of words coming from a Vet, that does really help and encourage us, all those TotH recruits we are!

Once more time, heartly congratulations for Your fine Work, and all those Video sessions posted on the web.

A great, open minded & friendly gamers' community is born here, with TotH Forum...

I will ever be very happy when reading You again on this thread(*), for Your fine scenarii & campaigns.

Greetings from Northern France,

Lilian

(*) And all others that are dedicated to A VERY GREAT GAME, too.

Doraniner

Post by Doraniner »

Hi, Idjester!

Such a kind of words coming from a Vet, that does really help and encourage us, all those TotH's recruits we are!

Once more time, heartly congratulations for Your fine Work, and all those Video sessions posted on the web.

A great, open minded & friendly gamers' community is born here, with TotH's Forum...

I will ever be very happy when reading You again on this thread(*), for Your fine scenarii & campaigns.

Lilian

+1

Bien dit mon ami ...( D'un cousin de l'autre côté de l'Atlantique [:)] ). Can't wait to try your scenario.

"" Well spoken my friend ... ( From a cousin on the other side of the Atlantic) [:)] . "
rico21

Casa Bandera

Post by rico21 »

Casa Bandera ***ZakMod-Chapter I***

Alternative History.
08/1982, Argentina. Lake Argentino, 02:15. The British frogmen take action...

British ===> [ Argentinian

Scenario Length: 6 Game Turns
Victory objective: The side with the required Victory Points is the winner. Both sides gets VPs for owning VP Objectives.
Scenario designer: [Classified]
Attachments
CasaBandera.zip
(21.84 KiB) Downloaded 80 times
idjester

Post by idjester »

Hi, Idjester!

Such a kind of words coming from a Vet, that does really help and encourage us, all those TotH's recruits we are!

A great, open minded & friendly gamers' community is born here, with TotH's Forum...

Lilian

Hello France... hope I didn't butcher the name to badly when I tryed to purnounce it. I'm sure I got it wrong but if you can help me maybe I can say it right.

Also not to put to much pressure on you BUT..... I am planning on playing your scenario on Tigers on the Hunt Day Feburary 25th.... The live stream awaits your awesome creation. Many people will get to experience it for the first time, and I only hope to give it the time and justice it deserves.

Look forward to Thunder over Boislonde, the first every play of this scenario, live infront of millions of people (OK, maybe just a hand full).

Hope you can attend and have the file ready... pressure... pressure..[:-][:-][:-]
LN59

Post by LN59 »

Hi, Idjester!

Gooood News! CB002, British side's designed scenario was uploaded February 22nd, 19:00, Western Europe Time.

My Dear Tax Collector has just given me a good time limit as reprieve... but nothing that does permit to [>:] with regard to TotH!

"Oooh, it's so GoooOD being an Happy Tax Payer!" (Droopy, obviously, was on my side). [:D] [:D] [:D]

The scenario would probably require some more accurate tunings in <Victory Conditions> (VPs calculation & balance).

So, don't hesitate in reporting me all errors & incoherences that should still exist in the scenario, because I've in mind

a future mini campaign (2 or 3 days of fighting) based upon the same events around Boislonde, from June 17th to June 19th, 1944.

It will be my first attempt (certainly requiring a lot of time) to master that kind of scen. design with new constraints I'll surely

have to discover.

My own testings on CB002-BR are still giving me satisfaction, but I'm always totally open to your feedbacks & suggestions,

and those from all other players too! It surely will be Great in helping me, when I would be involved in designing that campaign.

My Friendliest Greetings to You & to the whole Community!

Lilian [;)]

Post scriptum: "Hello France!" is a good way to call a pretty girl whose christian name is... France;

or intended to a former (out of duty) French famous ocean liner. Yeaah! I'm back to the "Glorious Sixties"!

For my own [&o] Country, I simply suggest to You: "Salut la France!".

Sorry being so selfish: I used to be a teacher in a previous life (History & Geography, actually retired).

Difficult to lose bad habits, isn't it? [:D]

>>>>>>>>>>>>> The former British 49th Infantry Division "Polar Bear" Emblem. <<<<<<<<<<<<<
Attachments
49th_Infan..lar_Bear.jpg
49th_Infan..lar_Bear.jpg (63.72 KiB) Viewed 896 times
LN59

Post by LN59 »

A l'attention particulière de Doraniner.
(Especially intended to Doraniner)

[;)] Message très sympathique, Cher Cousin Canadien et avant tout Québécois !

Cheers! Ou plutôt : "A la tienne !"

Lilian

>>>> A consommer avec modération / Consume with moderation <<<<

Those fine Beers & delicate Cheese are carefully elaborated by Trappist Monks
(Cistercian) at "Abbaye de Scourmont" near Chimay, Province de Namur (Belgium)
since the end of 19th Century. Well renowned & easy to find in northern France!
Attachments
Chimay_2014.jpg
Chimay_2014.jpg (30.49 KiB) Viewed 894 times
rico21

Red Barricades*1st Birthday*

Post by rico21 »

Red Barricades

Historical Background:
By mid October the fighting amidst the rubble of the Red Barricades Factory Complex in the northern section of Stalingrad
had drawn in more and more of the German 6th Army's forces. On the 22nd the 79th Infantry division, supported by
engineers, tanks and artillery, launched an intense attack over the Railroad embankment toward the Barricades Factory.
Under heavy fire from dug-in tanks and Russian snipers, the German troops slowly made ground toward the Factory. The
Soviet line finally broke, but by day's end only a corner of the factory had been taken.

The stage is set, the battle lines are drawn, and you are in command. The rest is history.

German : --> [- : Russian

Scenario Length: 7 Game Turns - LOS (9 hexes)
Victory objective: The side with the required Victory Points is the winner. Both sides gets VPs for owning VP Objectives.
Scenario designer: Memoir44'Men [ Red Barricades ]
Attachments
RedBarricades.zip
(20.98 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
Rosseau

RE: Red Barricades*1st Birthday*

Post by Rosseau »

Thank you President Rico [;)]
LN59

RE: Red Barricades*1st Birthday*

Post by LN59 »

ORIGINAL: rosseau

Thank you President Rico [;)]

I agree, Rosseau!
Even more (+3):
Thank You, Tovarich Great Udarnik(°) & General-President Rico, 21st of the Name... aka "Chuikov of Stalingrad"!
(°) Udarnik = "Soviet Elite Worker"

Well protected, as you can see, by an ancient and wise Egyptian deity.
[&o] Image
T[h]ot[h], the Gods' good adviser & quick messenger. So were Mercury (Rome),
Lug (Celtic Gaul), Hermód (Scandinavia) & Hermes (Greece), too. [;)]
Attachments
Toth.jpg
Toth.jpg (5.7 KiB) Viewed 892 times
Big Ivan

All Hell Breaking Loose.

Post by Big Ivan »

In honor of Tigers on the Hunt day February 25, 2017 here is the first of three scenario for the TotH family.[;)]

JP006: All Hell Braking Loose: 12th November 1944. Kerling, France

History: After pausing for a month, the US 3rd Army was eager to get moving again. However, the wait saw the
weather turn bad as autumn rains turned the region into a quagmire. On November 9th, the 90th Infantry
Division crossed the rising Moselle River north of Metz at Cattenom and Malling. While two regiments of the
90th continued to clear the old Maginot Line Forts, the third regiment, the 359th, expanded the bridgehead to
the southeast near Oudrenne. However, the 90th Division Mosele crossing did not go unnoticed by German
Army Group G. The 25th Panzergrenadier Division, little more than a kampfgruppe took up positions by
November 12th in front of the advancing US 359th Regiment. Supported by a small number of assault guns
and tanks, the 25th PG was in position to counterattack the pontoon bridges at Malling. All Hell broke loose
the morning of the 12th when American infantry supported by armor ran straight into the waiting 25th PG.

Play Mode: Best played as Americans against Computer German, hard or very hard difficulty.

Special Rule: The American player (Human Player Only) is to begin by advancing his column only along the
center road and continue along the road until fired on by the Germans. After fired upon the American player
may freely move anywhere beginning in the turn the fire took place.

Units Human Players (AI player units may vary)
German: Squads, LMG, MMG, HMG, PF, AFV, OBA
American: Squads, LMG, MMG, Light MTR, OBA, AFV

Map: Up direction is to the southeast, three maps (1x3).

Visibility: 6 hexes.

Terrain: Rural with Water, Hills and Town

Scenario Length: 12 Game Turns

Victory Objective: The side with the most Victory Points at the end is the winner. Both sides get VPs for
owning VP Objectives at the end of the scenario and killing enemy units.

Scenario Designer: John M. Pirman [Matrix Callsign: Big Ivan]

Attachments
JP006All..ngLoose.zip
(29.79 KiB) Downloaded 212 times
Blitz call sign Big Ivan.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”