"Syrian Warfare" released today...

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

wings7

"Syrian Warfare" released today...

Post by wings7 »

"Syrian Warfare"...one to watch...looks quite interesting and looks good visually! Check it out...[:)]
http://store.steampowered.com/app/485980/

Patrick
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
zakblood

RE: "Syrian Warfare" released today...

Post by zakblood »

yes added it on steam as a fav to look and watch, shame it's real time, but apart from that, it does look good and it's a true story or so it says
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
LarryP

Post by LarryP »

I was reading the forum posts about why they should not have made a game like this on such a sensitive subject matter. My gosh, play the frigging game and shut up! [:D]
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

RTS, camera is bit too close to surface, need to scroll the screen around. At least weapons have some range, unlike in C&C and Blitzkrieg. I got that from the videos alone. So what do you hardcore grognards say about it? Wanna give it a try? Or do you wait for Afghanistan '11?
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
wings7

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: Matti Kuokkanen

RTS, camera is bit too close to surface, need to scroll the screen around. At least weapons have some range, unlike in C&C and Blitzkrieg. I got that from the videos alone. So what do you hardcore grognards say about it? Wanna give it a try? Or do you wait for Afghanistan '11?

The hardcore grognards will probably not enjoy either...
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

The only real time I do is pause-able and can replicate slow going like HOI or medieval those I could do.
Favoritism is alive and well here.
zakblood

Post by zakblood »

i think the price is fair, but for me i just wish i wasn't real time, so will give it a miss, i love to collect war games mind you, so once it's on budget i'll buy it but maybe won't give it much play, like most out atm, it's more of a arcade feel than a pure war game for me, from looks anyway'
with a high degree of realism

stands out as odd, as in all the video's i could find and watch, most time you start off with most of your units bunched up ready to be bombed as you'd never get them so close as to lose the whole lot in one bombing run or artillery strike etc, so think for now it's a miss for me, for both reasons, RTS isn't and won't be for me unless for one it's pause able and 2 less action more planning based and less of a clickfest and more of a slower pace.
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

This one looks a bit politically warm. I think its a watch and act. I'm surprised Steam has let one the carry on, a bit sensitive
Formerly Goodwood

demyansk

Post by demyansk »

Tired of click fest games
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

ORIGINAL: wings7

Should have known. How about you? Have you played it yet?
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars
wings7

Post by wings7 »

ORIGINAL: wings7

Should have known. How about you? Have you played it yet?

Coming up...both on my wishlist. [:)]
Ranger33

Post by Ranger33 »

Looks interesting for sure. However, I don't think anything will top Combat Mission: Shock Force for me when it comes to Syria. Even if it was based on a hypothetical conflict originally, and was a total mess of a game when it first came out. The final version (with plenty of custom made scenarios and campaigns) is among my favorite games all time.

Red2112

Post by Red2112 »

I think it looks more like "Close Combat" then Combat Mission. I was about to pull the trigger, but then yeah no turn-based and yes click fest for sure! It dose look nice though, there are things I do like but will wait till it´s on sale.

Well Iam a sucker for tactical games so I had to edit this post after seeing a "pause" button in-game [:D] It´s downloading!

At first I thought there was alot of micro-management, but not so as the AI is quite forgiving. The video below sold me...

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/123785949

demyansk

Post by demyansk »

I wish the war game European Escalation and the other packs played like Shock Force etc. The graphics are real nice but rarely can you play at ground level.
Red2112

Post by Red2112 »

BTW, just found out that "Warfare Reloaded" has the same game engine [:D]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZuatOnCDPk

https://es.gamersgate.com/DD-WARFARERE/warfare-reloaded

lauren

Post by lauren »

Gonna try this out ASAP
Happiness is my goal

Return to “General Discussion”