All of France, North Africa and Sealion

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.
Christolos

All of France, North Africa and Sealion

Post by Christolos »

Hi everyone,

I decided to continue my postings in the excellent thread started by freeboy regarding his strategy posting in the War Room section which I also decided to follow in a similar manner.

See: tm.asp?m=4236850&mpage=1&key=� to see where I left off in terms of where I was as the Axis player.

It is now September 2, 1941 and I am solidly established in England and pushing on to take Birmingham:

C
Attachments
UKfront.jpg
UKfront.jpg (342.87 KiB) Viewed 179 times
“Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.”

-Aristotle-
Christolos

RE: All of France, North Africa and Sealion

Post by Christolos »

I have been able to pound the UK navy with both the Kriegsmarine and the Regia Marina (level 1 U-boats are a must for this [:D]) and have even managed to go on the offensive in the East after Russia declared war first.

Here's the detailed losses report so far:

C
Attachments
Losses.jpg
Losses.jpg (241.36 KiB) Viewed 179 times
“Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives - choice, not chance, determines your destiny.”

-Aristotle-
Christolos

Post by Christolos »

Here's the overall situation:

C
Attachments
Overallview.jpg
Overallview.jpg (232.19 KiB) Viewed 179 times

-Aristotle-
Christolos

Post by Christolos »

Here's the situation in the Med and in the Balkans:
Sorry for the bad quality of the image as I tried to scale it to fit better when viewed...but it seems to look worse...[&:]

Sorry but I am still experimenting with this...[:(] .

Yugoslavia has fallen but the supply situation in Greece is not good even though the Germans are at the gates of Athens...
I should have kept a German HQ unit in Greece but I sent it off to help fend off the Russians after Yugoslavia folded.

C
Attachments
TheMed.jpg
TheMed.jpg (321.28 KiB) Viewed 179 times

-Aristotle-
Christolos

Post by Christolos »

Deleted post

-Aristotle-
Christolos

Post by Christolos »

Supply is bad in North Africa (I am working on taking Malta as the UK Navy in the Med is practically non-existent...) but I hope to be still be able to take Cairo soon nonetheless by being relentless [:D] .

C
Attachments
NA.jpg
NA.jpg (295.75 KiB) Viewed 179 times

-Aristotle-
Christolos

Post by Christolos »

I have managed to go on the offensive in the East despite being somewhat thin on the ground and in the air:

Here's the situation in the North:

I do have to apologize again for the poor quality of the images as I tried to scale them down (while maintaining the correct aspect ratios) to fit in the browser window without having to scroll from left to right to view the entire image...but even this hasn't worked [&:]

C
Attachments
Eastfront_North.jpg
Eastfront_North.jpg (379.36 KiB) Viewed 179 times

-Aristotle-
Christolos

Post by Christolos »

Here's the situation on the East front in the south:

I have gone back to uploading an original sized screen capture for this post to improve the quality of the images.

I am hoping to be able to pocket Lwow and capture it shortly after [:D] .

C
Attachments
Eastfront_South.jpg
Eastfront_South.jpg (553.16 KiB) Viewed 179 times

-Aristotle-
Christolos

Post by Christolos »

I think what will be key to this overall strategy will be to now use the triumphant Kriegsmarine to openly challenge the US transports that will surely be on their way to England.

My strategy for this going forward is twofold.

1. Send and advanced recon in force group to scout ahead.
2. Have a second concentrated group (for safety in numbers purposes) poised to intercept.

Here's the advanced recon group now in the mid-Atlantic:

C
Attachments
MidAtlant..inforce.jpg
MidAtlant..inforce.jpg (176.07 KiB) Viewed 179 times

-Aristotle-
Christolos

Post by Christolos »

Here's the intercept group:

The group has been discovered but I'm not too worried since the RN's presence has been drastically reduced...

C
Attachments
Kriegsmari..ingtrip.jpg
Kriegsmari..ingtrip.jpg (215.01 KiB) Viewed 179 times

-Aristotle-
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

Malta does not seem to hurt you as bad as you think as you go east across NA
"Tanks forward"
freeboy

Post by freeboy »

I did not do sealion
Im over running Persia turkey is about to join me 58%
sweeden too 57% I just over ran Rostov and am doing a lets get them in order game.. its easier by far to ignore south and beat down Moscow... december 42 and I am eating my weay towards Stalingrad with apx 5 x 1 advantage in strangth and massive commitment from high command.. not too high.. haha
GOOD LUCK AND KEEP US UPDATED

Len is approached
Moscow neutral front stalled at Smolensk
"Tanks forward"
Christolos

Post by Christolos »

ORIGINAL: freeboy

Malta does not seem to hurt you as bad as you think as you go east across NA

Yes, I believe I will be able to take Cairo without having taken Malta...but I believe it will be a must to go further East.

C

-Aristotle-
Christolos

Post by Christolos »

ORIGINAL: freeboy

I did not do sealion
Im over running Persia turkey is about to join me 58%
sweeden too 57% I just over ran Rostov and am doing a lets get them in order game.. its easier by far to ignore south and beat down Moscow... december 42 and I am eating my weay towards Stalingrad with apx 5 x 1 advantage in strangth and massive commitment from high command.. not too high.. haha
GOOD LUCK AND KEEP US UPDATED

Len is approached
Moscow neutral front stalled at Smolensk

Thanks and good luck with your game too!

What is your plan to deal with an Allied invasion in the West?

C

-Aristotle-
Christolos

Post by Christolos »

September 16, 1941, the situation in England:

I was able to take Cambridge, Coventry, Birmingham, and almost take Sheffield (with an airborne operation) because I couldn't move into it.

C
Attachments
England.jpg
England.jpg (669.64 KiB) Viewed 181 times

-Aristotle-
Christolos

Post by Christolos »

Here's the overall view:

C
Attachments
Overallview.jpg
Overallview.jpg (487.54 KiB) Viewed 181 times

-Aristotle-
Christolos

Post by Christolos »

I decided to split my Naval Forces in the Atlantic into 3 main raiding groups.

The first group in the North:

C

Attachments
NorthAtlantic.jpg
NorthAtlantic.jpg (496.25 KiB) Viewed 181 times

-Aristotle-
Christolos

Post by Christolos »

Another group further south:

C
Attachments
MidAtlantic.jpg
MidAtlantic.jpg (465.96 KiB) Viewed 181 times

-Aristotle-
Christolos

Post by Christolos »

And finally, the advance scouting group:

Now where are those fat juicy US transports? [:D]

C
Attachments
Advanceparty.jpg
Advanceparty.jpg (433.65 KiB) Viewed 181 times

-Aristotle-
Christolos

Post by Christolos »

The situation in the Med and Balkans:

I almost took Athens this turn but the defending Corps hung on with one strength point. [:@]
I should be able to take it next turn.

I will also start on reducing Malta next turn as well.

C
Attachments
TheMedan..Balkans.jpg
TheMedan..Balkans.jpg (700.3 KiB) Viewed 181 times

-Aristotle-

Return to “After Action Reports”