Installation of the game modify Windows files and my PC does not work anymore

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.
sad ham

Installation of the game modify Windows files and my PC does not work anymore

Post by sad ham »

I've bought the game and downloaded the file to install it.
Once installed the game, I've noted that my PC did not work properly anymore. Anti Virus did not work when scanning the Windows Folder and several other problems convinced me to uninstall the game, but it did not fix the issues.
So that I decided to restore the PC to a previous configuration; fortunately I had the backup done with Acronis, because the restore procedure in Windows gave me no result.

After the restore, everything did work well: the anti virus did work fine, and the PC had no problems anymore. But when I tried to install again the game, all the problems came back.

I think that there is something in the installation procedure that modifies the files contained in the Windows folder, and this causes all the issues I have. So that I cannot play this game and I've wasted my money.

I don't know if the Steam version causes the same issues, but I don't want to risk.

Is anyone aware of this?

VPaulus

RE: Installation of the game modify Windows files and my PC does not work anymore

Post by VPaulus »

The game file installer installs the game engine files on the game installation folder and the usual prerequisites that some games (and other kind of software) needs:
- Microsoft .Net
- Microsoft Visual C++
- Open AL
- Microsoft DirectX

I suggest you to install the game without the prerequisites and try to run the game.
Probably some of these prerequisites (with the exception of the Open AL) are already installed in your Windows.
sad ham

RE: Installation of the game modify Windows files and my PC does not work anymore

Post by sad ham »

I've tried to install the game without the prerequisites. No change. Always same problems.

It install (or changes) some file in this folder: C:/Windows/winsxs
This causes the problems I have and I cannot fix them if I uninstall the game, because the changes in that folder remain. To fix it I have to restore the PC to a previous status.

It is already the third try I do, and I prefer to avoid to play this game.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

I've just used an utility to monitor the files installed by the game and the only two files that are installed outside the game folder (not counting icon files) are:

- Uninstall.exe at (C:\Windows\Slitherine\Sovereignty Crown of Kings)
- lua5.1.dll at (C:\Windows\Slitherine\Sovereignty Crown of Kings)

This without installing the prerequisites.
I suggest you to check if a 3rd party programming isn't interfering with the installation of the game.
You can try also to install the game with Winodws running in safe mode.
sad ham

Post by sad ham »

Have you checked the patch 1.0.1 too?
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

No. Is the issue only when installing patch 1.01?
sad ham

Post by sad ham »

I dunno. Usually i Install both (vanilla version and patch). Please check with that program if patch generates any file outside the game folder.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

The files replaced by 1.01 are in the game installation folder.
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

Also you could try with Steam, as the installation is different...
Although in Steam, the installation of the game prerequisites is not optional.

Return to “Tech Support”