Off to see the lizard.....

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Lecivius

RE: Off to see the lizard.....

Post by Lecivius »

ORIGINAL: AW1Steve

At the rate this PBEM is going , I'll probably be ending this AAR soon. In ten years of play variations of this game I've never seen or experience such a Charlie Foxtrot. [:(][:(]

Don't do that! This is more fun than a Abbott and Costello movie!
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

At the rate this PBEM is going , I'll probably be ending this AAR soon. In ten years of play variations of this game I've never seen or experience such a Charlie Foxtrot. [:(][:(]

You must ENJOY watching an old man bang his head against the wall! Sadist![:D][:D]
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

+10!
You must ENJOY watching an old man bang his head against the wall! Sadist![:D][:D]
Don't end the AAR. Suck it up and dig in!
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

See my note over in the other species AAR about conducting a test before you waste time entering orders.
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

Never in the history of AARs has so much been written by so many about so few posts.
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: Zorch

Never in the history of AARs has so much been written by so many about so few posts.
I like that! I suggest:
"Never has so much been written by so many about so little."
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

You have to admit, the entertainment value of this AAR series is off the charts. AW1Steve is starting to make squishy sounds with his head, but to everyone else this is a hoot [:D]
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

ORIGINAL: witpqs

I like that! I suggest:
I would be sued by the estate of one very famous and articulate Former Naval Person (who thought PoW and Repulse would scare the Japanese).
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

You guys are barking up the wrong AAR. This is all in the hands of the other fellow. I'm just waiting to find out what I need to do on my side to fix this ...."problem". I don't normally do a AAR , and if I do , it's never this out of control. I like to play the game, and discuss strategy and tactics. If I wanted drama I'd try out for community theatre. [:(][:(] I simply either want to get on with the game , or failing that , find another. I rally don't want , need or like the stress. I either need to purchase a speed bag or go to the range and blast some poor unsuspecting targets into confetti. [:D][:D]

witpqs

Post by witpqs »

I like that! I suggest:
I would be sued by the estate of one very famous and articulate Former Naval Person (who thought PoW and Repulse would scare the Japanese).
Sued? Bah!
“We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air...
We shall defend our AARs, whatever the cost may be; we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender..."
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

I like that! I suggest:
Sued? Bah!
“We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air...
We shall defend our AARs, whatever the cost may be; we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender..."
Yeah , but only if we can get the &*()(*(&^^*((&^%#$^&**&^ computer to work! [:D][:D]
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

You guys are barking up the wrong AAR. This is all in the hands of the other fellow. I'm just waiting to find out what I need to do on my side to fix this ...."problem". I don't normally do a AAR , and if I do , it's never this out of control. I like to play the game, and discuss strategy and tactics. If I wanted drama I'd try out for community theatre. [:(][:(] I simply either want to get on with the game , or failing that , find another. I rally don't want , need or like the stress. I either need to purchase a speed bag or go to the range and blast some poor unsuspecting targets into confetti. [:D][:D]

It's not stress, it's stress relief! You are the leader of this AAR. To truly lead, you must also relinquish most control. When you stop stressing over uncontrolled comments, you can laugh at them. [8D]
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

Sued? Bah!
Yeah , but only if we can get the &*()(*(&^^*((&^%#$^&**&^ computer to work! [:D][:D]
I hold no great hopes for Gorn technology. [:'(]
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

It's not stress, it's stress relief! You are the leader of this AAR. To truly lead, you must also relinquish most control. When you stop stressing over uncontrolled comments, you can laugh at them. [8D]
Ha! Ha! Ha! You funny! I kill you last! [:D][:D] I forget what movie that's from , but it somehow seems appropriate. Relinquish Control? Yeah , sure , like that's ever gonna happen! You'll get control when you pry my cold dead hands off this keyboard! [:D][:D]
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

Ha! Ha! Ha! You funny! I kill you last! [:D][:D] I forget what movie that's from , but it somehow seems appropriate. Relinquish Control? Yeah , sure , like that's ever gonna happen! You'll get control when you pry my cold dead hands off this keyboard! [:D][:D]
The movie was Commando, with Ahhhhhnold. Then later it was "I thought you said you'd kill me last?" "I lied!" [:D]
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

The movie was Commando, with Ahhhhhnold. Then later it was "I thought you said you'd kill me last?" "I lied!" [:D]
Oh....I'm not sure I want to admit to having watched THAT particular move......

BTW , I was trying to restore my profile and can't seem to bring back my avatar. Have there been any changes made to the process?
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

BTW , I was trying to restore my profile and can't seem to bring back my avatar. Have there been any changes made to the process?
Unknown to me. This avatar is the only one I've ever had and I think I only set it up about two or three years ago, but just the one time.

My first guess would be to check the size and file type of whatever you are trying to use. I know they have some smallish size limit.
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Ah...Commando. A complete cheese fest. After hunting down his arch nemesis and killing him by throwing a steam pipe through his chest, Ahhhnold quips, "Hey Bennett-let off some steam!" [:D]
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

Ah...Commando. A complete cheese fest. After hunting down his arch nemesis and killing him by throwing a steam pipe through his chest, Ahhhnold quips, "Hey Bennett-let off some steam!" [:D]
Opening sequence: Guy in bathrobe hurries out of house with a couple of garbage bags to make the collection truck which is early that day. "I thought you guys would miss me". Two guys pulling out sub machine guns "Don't worry, we won't."
anarchyintheuk

Post by anarchyintheuk »

It was a simpler time.

Return to “After Action Reports”