Forthcoming Update

VR designs has been reinforced with designer Cameron Harris and the result is a revolutionary new operational war game 'Barbarossa' that plays like none other. It blends an advanced counter pushing engine with deep narrative, people management and in-depth semi-randomized decision systems.

Moderators: Vic, lancer

lancer

Forthcoming Update

Post by lancer »

Hi,

Here's a few fixes to deal with a number of small issues that have arisen since last months Beta patch. I've sent the files to Vic and it shouldn't be long before he makes it official.

1. Text added to tool tip in Relationship tab to highlight data that is valid at the start of the turn but that may have changed since.

2. Detailed Panzergruppe Reports will no longer display if the PG has no remaining units apart from the PG HQ (which automatically reconstitutes if overrun).

3. Similarly, to prevent your German Chief of Staff having a nervous breakdown, the Honour Roll has been expanded to handle a much larger number of lost units (it choked previously after, roughly, 40 Div's or HQ's had gone under). It should now safely handle the loss of, almost, the entire German OOB.

4. Tweaked the rule that has Soviet units auto-surrendering after a certain time of being cut-off (which they did historically once they had expended their ammunition). Now any Soviet units in the Black Sea ports of Odessa and Sevastopol will be exempt from this rule as they have adequate supplies, by sea, to fight on. This will make taking Odessa and Sevastopol more of challenge if defended by the Soviets. Units adjacent to these ports, or nearby, won't benefit from the exemption, only those inside the ports will do so.

To maintain a reasonable balance the new, exempt-from-surrender rules, will only apply to PBEM games and games where the Player is commanding the Soviets. For those that assume command of the Germans and play the AI there will be no change (the AI will still surrender units in these ports after a certain time with the exception of Garrisons).

Riga, being on the Baltic Sea and more susceptible to the Luftwaffe, will continue to play as normal regardless of settings, eg. Garrisons will never surrender but any Divisions may do so after a period of being Cut-Off.

5. Grozny and Mackhach-Kala are no longer viable FSB locations in AGS. Chechyna and the Republic of Dagestan have withdrawn their welcome mat.

6. There was an edge case with the death of poor old Hugo that allowed his War Diary to continue posthumously. No more. The Diary should now, finally, die with Hugo.

Cheers,
Cameron
ChuckBerger

RE: Forthcoming Update

Post by ChuckBerger »

Well, we've really been pushing the limits of the game, haven't we. I commend whoever lost an entire panzergruppe, to the last division, and still had the fortitude to keep playing and report the bug!

Thanks Cam!
Remmes

Post by Remmes »

Good to see the game still being supported. I recently started playing again and gosh, what a good game this is. Deserves so much better saleswise.
Vic

Post by Vic »

I'll post this update as a private beta as soon as the current public beta has gone GOLD.

Best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
ryan1488

Post by ryan1488 »

any chance on changing the siege artillery?

almost useless these days
lancer

Post by lancer »

Hi rs99z28,

The siege artillery was way overpowered when the game came out but it's about where it should be now. Probably more useful given the Soviets improved ability to defend Sevastopol and Odessa.

Cheers,
Cameron
ryan1488

Post by ryan1488 »

the reduced effectiveness is fine by me, its the german gauge rail only that gets me. if I build rail to Odessa then my panzers are always out of supply range.

anyways that's just me. is there anyway I could edit this?
lancer

Post by lancer »

Hi rs99,

Unfortunately not as it's hardcoded.

The siege artillery effectiveness hasn't changed only the requirement to use German rail. A lot of people complained about this (eg. about being able to use Soviet rail), rightly so as the Soviet gauge was the wrong size and couldn't handle the excessive weight of the siege train.

Cheers,
Cameron
Alchenar

Post by Alchenar »

I don't suppose there's any scope for implementing a bit of UI scaling for high (4k) resolutions?
Vic

Post by Vic »

ORIGINAL: Alchenar

I don't suppose there's any scope for implementing a bit of UI scaling for high (4k) resolutions?

In the prefs menu you already can find some scaling options, but admittedly not seperate scaling options between UI and Map.

Best wishes,
Vic
Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics
Alchenar

Post by Alchenar »

ORIGINAL: Vic

ORIGINAL: Alchenar

In the prefs menu you already can find some scaling options, but admittedly not seperate scaling options between UI and Map.

Best wishes,
Vic

Thanks, I know how much of a hassle special snowflakes like myself can be to support!

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa”