New Scenario for testing - Reserves to the Rescue, 1981

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

magi

RE: New Scenario for testing - Reserves to the Rescue

Post by magi »

i have been having an odd deal happening.... my ROE keeps switching to hold.... i lost 6 aircraft as a result... before i caught it...
TheOriginalOverlord

RE: New Scenario for testing - Reserves to the Rescue

Post by TheOriginalOverlord »

OK..back home...will look at these issues and see if I can get an update out this weekend.
Semper Fi!

Jeremy

Jorm

RE: New Scenario for testing - Reserves to the Rescue, 1981

Post by Jorm »

hey I really liked the idea of this scenario

I cant get the crusaders to do anything , i cant get them to fire their aim-9s any thoughts ?

Ill give it another go, but ive lost the carrier twice now as my CAP wont fire and keeps resetting to HOLD fire. Im sure its something silly im doing wrong. Yo havnt set up some sort of global HOLD WRA have you that im perhaps missing ?

Cheers

TheOriginalOverlord

ORIGINAL: Jorm

I cant get the crusaders to do anything , i cant get them to fire their aim-9s any thoughts ?

Ill give it another go, but ive lost the carrier twice now as my CAP wont fire and keeps resetting to HOLD fire. Im sure its something silly im doing wrong. Yo havnt set up some sort of global HOLD WRA have you that im perhaps missing ?

Cheers

Unknown...will check that out as well..
Semper Fi!

Jeremy

magi

Post by magi »

ORIGINAL: Jorm

Cheers

Ya..... I had the same issue.... I didn't notice it being an problem in the first day approximately of game time.... What I did so I could keep playing was.... In the side bar.... I keep the ROE box open... If units showed HOLD.... I would select a bunch and reset their ROE..... Not ideal... But I wanted to keep playing as I had many hours into it....

I lost 8-10 aircraft as a result of this... I play in editor mode so replaced some of them....
Excroat3

Post by Excroat3 »

I had the same problem, here is the fix: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4138082 Seems specific to this scenario only.
magi

Post by magi »

thank you sir....
TheOriginalOverlord

Ok..need a little more info Excroat... UNREP works fine in my game. v1.11 B839.5
What ships weren't UNREPing and I'll take a look.

Fixed the RoE...not sure what happened but individual ships had "hold" while side was set for "tight".

Replaced Valiants with Victors.
Working on some more tweaks.
Working on scoring
Mines should be available on the AE for UNREP and loading on the strike aircraft.
F-8 Crusaders AIM-9s are rear aspect heat seekers like most of the IR missles in this scenario. It does have some AIM-9C SARH versions available.
Fixed BE-12 access point

What else?
Semper Fi!

Jeremy

magi

Post by magi »

In the magazine... I saw only one mine.....
I'm not sure why we are mining the harbor when we can take it.... If I had som Royal Marines... I would land them... I'm actually saving key facilities at the NAS so they can be used by the allies...
Excroat3

Post by Excroat3 »

Here is a save. When you do to UNREP and select "Select tanker manually" it does seem to work for a second, the ships change bearing and slow down, but then they just forget that they were going to UNREP and break off. When you try to select a tanker automatically, you get the message "No suitable UNREP location within 100nm".
Attachments
Reservest..ue1981.zip
(211.84 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
TheOriginalOverlord

ORIGINAL: magi

In the magazine... I saw only one mine.....
I'm not sure why we are mining the harbor when we can take it.... If I had som Royal Marines... I would land them... I'm actually saving key facilities at the NAS so they can be used by the allies...

You will have to UNREP with the AE as there are no mines aboard the Lexington.
ORIGINAL: Excroat3

Here is a save. When you do to UNREP and select "Select tanker manually" it does seem to work for a second, the ships change bearing and slow down, but then they just forget that they were going to UNREP and break off. When you try to select a tanker automatically, you get the message "No suitable UNREP location within 100nm".
Under side doctrine you had "use refuel/UNREP " set to "never" I changed it to "always" and it worked.

Not sure if I will finish the tweaks tonight...but certainly in a day or two.
Semper Fi!

Jeremy

Excroat3

Post by Excroat3 »

Yep I forgot I had that doctrine turned on, however it is weird that the message was that there is no suitable UNREP location rather than a message telling us the doctrine is incorrect.
TheOriginalOverlord

Still haven't forgotten...I have some small issues and possibly a bug to work out and fix the scoring..
Semper Fi!

Jeremy

TheOriginalOverlord

Good news..I've dusted this off now the the AIM-9C bug is fixed.

So I'm going back into it for some tweaks and scoring issues....hope to have an update soon.
Semper Fi!

Jeremy

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”