FIFTY SHADES OF WiTE: SILLYFLOWER V BRIANG

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

sillyflower

RE: SILLY's SWANSONG NO BRIAN G

Post by sillyflower »

T83

My loyal Nazi hordes make another lurch to the left, but can't quite join up with a panzer xxx that had been sent round from the main blob a couple of turns ago. This move took a lot of herding north and south to create a 3 hex wide corridor for supplies to get through.
Attachments
BT83BS.jpg
BT83BS.jpg (969.05 KiB) Viewed 73 times
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

Reply: They already know you're a gamer. What other shame can possibly compare?
sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

Whilst I'm waiting for Slitherine to sort out the server shambles for the 2nd consecutive weekend [:@], here are my thoughts on T83. Loss screen at start showed 14.5K axis to 52.6 R. By end of turn losses had increased by 14.5K and 48.1K respectively with 25K captured which means 2K more Hiwis [:)]. 29 more baby factories captured and by end of turn air losses were 46 (half recce + transports) to 261.

I now have 270 of the required 260VPs. Supplies to the blob are good with the rail-head now at Tambov. I have been using 2 FBDs on this line as they can convert 7 hexes every 2 weeks instead of 5 with one. Worth it as it's by far the most important line at the moment. R OOB down a massive 70K this turn to 5.34M though I can't help but think some of this must be disbands of RR units or other non-combatants.
web exchange

Post: I am always fearful that when I put this game down on the table and people see the box-art they will think I am some kind of neo-Nazi

sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

T84 action

Brian doesn't seem to realise that's it's his job to be the passive recipient of my offensives, and he is becoming a bit annoying here[:D]. Infantry reinforcements arrive and more on the way.
Attachments
BT84NE.jpg
BT84NE.jpg (834.42 KiB) Viewed 73 times
web exchange

sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

ballsack

Pockets in the south secured but only a small push north as most of the panzers rest and refuel ready to push on to Ryazan. Infantry starts to catch up.
Attachments
BT84bsack.jpg
BT84bsack.jpg (964.57 KiB) Viewed 73 times
web exchange

sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

Losses at start of turn were 15.5K to 50.4K, and in-turn losses were 4.1K to 30.6K. End of turn air losses 31 (22 transports) to 190. 4 rifle xx, 1 rifle x, 1 tank x and 1 regt destroyed. OOBs now 4.05 to 5.34. Another 53 baby factories captured. the capture of Tula gives me 273 VPs.

The panzer blob has been in continuous offensive action for a year now, but is still remarkably strong. General attrition is far too low. The only real downside change is NM reduction, along with Russian NM increases. Truck numbers are down, but that's largely because I have 180K waiting to be repaired. However, we did start before the starting truck levels were reduced by 75K which changed things quite a lot. Also, because I mainly play as R, I am very careful not to waste trucks.
web exchange

sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

T85

Nothing v. exciting unless you enjoy the sight of Brian's 1st successful pocket at far right." inf xx and 1 regt. Otherwise, I continue to mop up the ball sack.
Attachments
BT85.jpg
BT85.jpg (848.57 KiB) Viewed 73 times
web exchange

sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

Thought on T85.

An excellent turn for losses, showing 21.5K to 41.1K at start of turn, and with in-turn losses of 7K to 67K including 59K captives. Air losses by end of turn 26 to 265 and 8 more baby factories captured. 1 rifle xxx, 4 rifle xx (1 gd), 1 tank x, 1 a/b x, 7 rifle x and 1 sapper regt destroyed.

I doubt I will get a turn like this again...... Whilst total axis casualties were 28.5K, axis forces received an additional 39K men this turn so I'm still turning in a profit.

Where next????????????
web exchange

sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

T86

countering Brian's uncalled-for aggression by herding 2 tank xxx into a pocket, though it may not hold.
Attachments
BT86east.jpg
BT86east.jpg (804.85 KiB) Viewed 73 times
web exchange

sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

Ballsack

With the capture of Ryazan, Operation Ballsack has achieved its objectives including the removal of 2 army sized and oval-shaped clusters of units from the bottom of the sack and 198 manpower centres captured, destroyed or relocated.

By end of turn G OOB 4.03M after losing those units, but R down to lowest for a long time of 5.31M

Attachments
BT86ballsack.jpg
BT86ballsack.jpg (934.58 KiB) Viewed 73 times
web exchange

sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

T87

In the east, Brian opened a supply corridor to his tank xxx. Though I closed it again, he would have simply reopened it, so I reluctantly decided to rout the tank xxx out.

Around Ryazan, simply securing the major river line and some of the marsh hexes on the north bank, plus trying to improve the position in front of Moscow.

Losses inc. my turn were 17.1K to 65.3K, air 25 to 261. ! rifle xx, 2 rifle x and 1 tank x destroyed. Still wondering where to go next to weaken the Red Army.
Attachments
bt87.jpg
bt87.jpg (953.28 KiB) Viewed 73 times
web exchange

sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

T88

Just a bit more positioning - partly for it's own sake and partly to distract Brian from noticing that I've started moving some panzers to try to create an early, successful mini-Kursk, though obviously not in the same location.like the original, it isn't going to work if he sees it coming. I'm such a stickler for tradition [:D]
Attachments
BT88.jpg
BT88.jpg (849.52 KiB) Viewed 74 times
web exchange

sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

T89

Was so uneventful that I didn't take any screenshots, though I did note that captured baby factories were now supplyng over 3K Hiwis/turn
web exchange

sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

T90

My planned homage to Kursk is due to start on T92. It does look like the obvious place from the shape. Secondly, as Pelton used to say, at this stage in a game it's all about the distance to Berlin, and the troops in the bulge are the closest. The terrain is very defensible there with only 1 clear hex in the bulge but lots of rough.A few rivers, especially the one in the south side of the salient, mean that I have to attack whilst they are still frozen. On the plus side, if I encircle his troops, the terrain will hamper any rescue effort.

I've got half way to getting 290 VPs (Ryazan was VP 275) after getting the 260 I needed to win originally, but getting 290 VPs isn't going to be possible. I will play to hold onto as many as possible until the end of the game, so this may end up as the longest wite AAR ever unless Brian surrenders which doesn't seem likely at the moment [:D].

The 3 division pz xxx on the west flank has temporarily been allocated to an inf xxx so it be put on refit. It's own HQ won't catch up until next turn because I had already used all my rail points. Many of the units gathering on the south side have had to walk for the same reason, so are not yet in position and/or need a turn's rest. I woould also like to get some more armour up there before starting. Infantry divisions aroud the bulge start preparing for their role as intial breakthrough troops by reacvating from static mode. Attacks around Moscow continue to try to fix Brian's defences in place.
Attachments
BT90w.jpg
BT90w.jpg (1019.84 KiB) Viewed 73 times
web exchange

sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

further east

A panzer xxx drives east along the rail line and splits up int regts in the hope that they are spotted by soviet recce planes. What else can I do when I can't get hold of any fake vehicles? I also try to draw him to the east by doing a few attacks at the far end of the lines. i cav xx and 1 rifle xx shatter but overall combat casualties are very low.
Attachments
BT90e.jpg
BT90e.jpg (759.18 KiB) Viewed 73 times
web exchange

EwaldvonKleist

Post by EwaldvonKleist »

I hope there will be at least one last big bang. A 1943 summer offensive to Kubyshew or something like this? (+ a Stalingrad style counterattack [:D]). I have no mid/late war experience, so for me it is suprising that Brian can still fight back or even stalemate you. I mean, only 1 1/2 million men more (parity with Axis allies respectively) + much Industry destroyed+many trucks lost etc. etc.
sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

T91

TREACHERY AND SABOTAGE!!!!!!!!!!! My secret plans have been discovered by Brian. (Editor's note: this is not an accusation against any reader. The AAR is running 3 turns behind the game).

Brian's recce a/c flew several missions over the units forming up on the southern side of the bulge. I have no idea of what he has seen but there does seem to be a strengthening of his defences in that area. I can't leave it for another week but decide to launch with what I have.

After initial penetrations by the infantry (with some armour support in the south), the southern thrust, led by Das Reich still penetrates 30 miles on a very narrow front against the new, stronger defences. Once through the crust the tanks push north and turn to face the expected counter-attacks from the east where several infantry corps inc. guards were identified. Fortunately 24th Pz Corps with only 3 divisions, striking unseen from the west, does better. Gross Deutschland races 40 miles through deep snow and dense woods to link up with DR to form a strong pocket containing lots of goodies.
Attachments
BT91.jpg
BT91.jpg (945 KiB) Viewed 73 times
web exchange

smokindave34

Post by smokindave34 »

What is the name of this axis operation?
sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

Someone posted earlier re Operation Ballsack that B must have a penetration further north. However, this is a family-friendly forum and the penetration is very small. I have named it Operation Appendicectomy after another small body part that has no useful purpose.
web exchange

sillyflower

Post by sillyflower »

ORIGINAL: EwaldvonKleist

I hope there will be at least one last big bang. A 1943 summer offensive to Kubyshew or something like this? (+ a Stalingrad style counterattack [:D]). I have no mid/late war experience, so for me it is suprising that Brian can still fight back or even stalemate you. I mean, only 1 1/2 million men more (parity with Axis allies respectively) + much Industry destroyed+many trucks lost etc. etc.

Brian's survival is wholly down to the new rule about free unit returns. That and hs stubbornness which would shame a mule [:D] His units generally seem to be about 60% of TOE tho' I do sometimes find much weaker ones that shatter when attacked. Wehrmacht TOE is 10% below what it should be according to that helpful new report. Not that I can complain when Brian's deficit must be around the 45% mark.

What is making a huge difference now is NM which means G NM is about the same as that of R guards units. I therefore expect that there is something close to parity in combat power, leaving out the allies which don't have much though they play an essential role. To recreate the panzer blob this summer would leave other areas too vulnerable to attack + serious losses. Taking eg Penza and Kubyshev won't win the war when all I need to is to hang onto Berlin for the next 2.5 years.

My duty is keep the Red Army too weak to win the war and to retain as many VPs as possible to give the Fuhrer the time and resources to create the wonder weapons that will force the Coalition of the Evil Capitalist Imperialist Bolsheviks to the negotiating table. How to do that most effectively remains to be seen, but we will find out.
web exchange

chaos45

Post by chaos45 »

IDK it would seem that just continuing to hunt any ground you can take to destroy soviet manpower and manpower generation points could slowly cause his collapse at this point.

Return to “After Action Reports”