Russian Units Based in China

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario design, art and sound modding and the game editor for WITP Admiral's Edition.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

afspret

Russian Units Based in China

Post by afspret »

Has anyone tried, or know what might happen, if I were to put fictionalized Russian units in China at one or two bases? I'm tweaking my own build to Ironman and I was thinking about making some small what-if Russian manned ACUs & LCUs (you know, as ex-pats who fled the revolution or something like that) and putting them at one or two bases in China. Is this possible, and if the Japanese AI were to attack said base, would it attack any of the Russian unit there? Also, would the attack trigger the Russian activation mode, or will the game have a conniption and just CTD? Thanks in advance.
John E. McCallum
Yaab

RE: Russian Units Based in China

Post by Yaab »

RHS mod has some Soviet NKVD units in a handful of bases in Northern China. Don't know what happens if Japs attack one of the bases and what the Soviet response is like.
afspret

RE: Russian Units Based in China

Post by afspret »

I made up what-if Soviet & Chinese units and crossed based some of them in areas close to Japan controlled areas. On turn 1 the JAI (Japanese AI) launched an air attack one of the Chinese units I put at Wuteh in Mongolia, but apparently not the base itself. At the start of turn 2 a Soviet VVS BF and a small AA unit arrived at Wuteh as reinforcements. During that turn the JAI launched another air attack on a Chinese unit @ Wuteh but apparently not the Soviet units, and I don't know if those units put up an AA barrage or not. Also during this turn an ACU I named the 1st WhRusVG intercepted a JAI air attack on Wenchow and scored a couple of kills. Before running the next turn I moved a Soviet fighter unit to Wuteh, which in turn got 3 air to air kills when it intercepted the subsequent JAI air attack. The rest of turn 3 progressed as it did in the first two turns. None of those JAI air attacks into Soviet territory triggered full Soviet activation.

I also found out, and then remembered, I could not move the Chinese LCUs I put @ Wuteh across the border from Soviet territory into Japanese territory.
John E. McCallum

Return to “Scenario Design and Modding”