Strangest law in every state

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

Aurelian

Strangest law in every state

Post by Aurelian »

Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.
Zap

RE: Strangest law in every state

Post by Zap »

That law may be due to the carnival acts wrestling bears. The bears were chained while they wrestled. Not sure who got the worst of it.

A section of the bear law says this.

"(4) For purposes of exploitation, subjects a bear to surgical alteration in any form, including, but not limited to, declawing, tooth removal, and severing tendons."

So it looks like the law was necessary to curb Bear Exploitation.
Aurelian

Post by Aurelian »

And in the other 49 states? :)
Watched a documentary on beavers. Best dam documentary I've ever seen.
wings7

Post by wings7 »

Interesting stuff...thanks for the post! [:)]
Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427
Zap

Post by Zap »

ORIGINAL: Aurelian

And in the other 49 states? :)

Traveling Circuses? Maybe these Carnivals went to all states. Also, as today, one state gets whiff of a law passed in another state. The other state thinks its a good idea and make a similar law. But, I'm just postulating. Still a good question why all 50 states.
Kuokkanen

Post by Kuokkanen »

South Carolina
No work on Sundays. It’s the law.
That's a place for robbers and other criminals: no security personnel nor police personnel working on Sundays!
Texas
It’s since been revoked--thank goodness--but for a while there, you’d pay a $10 fine for milking another person’s cow.
Cows had to be milked by their owners, NOT by hired personnel nor by slaves (when slavery still existed)? Even when the owner was sick or otherwise incapable for work?
Washington
If you see Bigfoot, it’s a felony punishment if you harass him.
Has such punishment ever been applied?
You know what they say, don't you? About how us MechWarriors are the modern knights, how warfare has become civilized now that we have to abide by conventions and rules of war. Don't believe it.

MekWars

Return to “General Discussion”