GD1938 Game 29

Post here to meet players for MP games and generally engage in ribbing and banter about your prowess.

Moderator: Vic

ironduke1955

GD1938 Game 29

Post by ironduke1955 »

We need a competitive game of GD1938 game 29

With the following rules

1) turns must be completed within 24 hours if you cannot guarantee this please don't put your name forward.

2) Usual House rules apply No False Wars if this occurs then the turn is played again.

My pick is the USA

That leaves Germany Italy Japan USSR France GB China

We will use the version used for game 27 excluding the weather effects
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

LJBurstyn

RE: GD1938 Game 29

Post by LJBurstyn »

ME- JAPAN (Has he made an progress in correcting the weather problem?)
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Thanks Larry

Germany ?
Italy ?
Japan Larry
USSR ?
France ?
GB ?
US Ironduke
China ?

I have no idea regards weather I have heard that the Soviets will still receive a bonus.
Are we like late Rome, infatuated with past glories, ruled by a complacent, greedy elite, and hopelessly powerless to respond to changing conditions?

lordlau1

Post by lordlau1 »

Germany.
lordlau1

Post by lordlau1 »

He is working on a new version with different weather effects.

Duke, I am ok with the house rules, but we need to make sure that everyone understands the house rules. It can't just be a replayed turn or people getting angry because a perceived false war wasn't really a false war, but shown in that light because it was a good tactical move. It should really be an issue, I think people understand this.
Twotribes

Post by Twotribes »

Not playing but shouldn't Germany and Russia be free to attack Poland?
Favoritism is alive and well here.
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Thanks Larry

Germany Lordlau1
Italy Lordlau1
Japan Larry
USSR ?
France ?
GB ?
US Ironduke
China ?

Lordlau1 sorry I pencilled you in for Italy I doubt we will make enough players for a Italy

ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Germany and the Soviet Union are free to attack Poland

lordlau1

Post by lordlau1 »

Sounds good. I'm fine for Italy, too.
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Looking for two more players to play GB/France and the USSR

I was thinking about allowing the AI to control China if we don't have a player, as its land based and the USA and China are to strong a combination.

LJBurstyn

Post by LJBurstyn »

Yeah, Japan does not have a chance if China and the US are allied from the start. Japan needs to either conquer China quickly or talk China into allying itself with Japan to knock out someone else. Even when fighting only China Japan needs to win quickly because lack of supplies will stop her dead in her tracks.
lordlau1

Post by lordlau1 »

Ok, let's put China as AI if we can't find 3 players...I'll ask around to some guys tonight.
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

I was thinking about allowing the AI to control China if we don't have a player, as its land based and the USA and China are to strong a combination.

That sounds like great news Tom, this would obviously mean you found a way to make the AI play the cards it has, at times when it is preferable. Looking forward to see the code for this. Happy you decided to code :)
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

No coding required I expect the Japanese player to make relatively short work of the Chinese, not how I would have liked it, but in the absence of 8 players willing to play turns within 24 hours, its a necessary evil.

lordlau1

Post by lordlau1 »

Maybe extend turns to 36 hours.
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

As we have only three players, is anyone interested in a three handed game Player 1 Germany Italy and Japan Player 2 France UK USA and China Player 3 USSR.

This constitutes a large body of work but at least its a game, I am jumping in to take the USSR and will try and play the USSR as historically accurately as possible that's just my choice and not a house rule you guys can knock yourselves out better we have a Soviet Union that mirrors the original and does not seek war. I may attack Finland but to be honest I will probably give it a miss as the Finns never last long.

The version will be one of the older versions pre the weather fiasco. The German player has that responsibility.

lordlau1

Post by lordlau1 »

I think that's a bit much for me to take on atm, 'Duke. Let's ask around for some recruits.
ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

The version will be one of the older versions pre the weather fiasco.

Call it what you will. But one thing is certain, I will not be bullied into making fixes/changes until a different tone is being used. I have plenty of other things I can do besides coding a fix, that you are the only one advocating.
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
ironduke1955

Post by ironduke1955 »

Please stay on topic. This is opponents wanted only.

while you are here game 26 the USSR turn has not been played it has been in the file since the 29th of January. Shame to end the game with so much time spent by players.

ernieschwitz

Post by ernieschwitz »

I already have explained in some detail why and put a notice up in the dropbox. So the delay is not my fault.
  • Advanced Tactics Gold

Return to “Opponents Wanted”