Public Beta v1.10.00 is Now Available!

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is a turn-based World War II strategy game stretching across the entire Eastern Front. Gamers can engage in an epic campaign, including division-sized battles with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results.

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Moderators: Joel Billings, elmo3, Sabre21

Indirectlemon

Public Beta v1.10.00 is Now Available!

Post by Indirectlemon »

Hello Everyone,

We have a new update ready for Public Beta. If you have registered your copy of War in the East, you can download the latest beta update from our Members Club.

v1.10.00 February 02, 2017
    [b]New Features[/b] [ul]1. Changed the way current turn losses are calculated and displayed. No longer they are reset after the first visit to the losses screen. Losses from Axis Logistics Phase, Axis Turn, Soviet Logistics Phase, and Soviet Turn are now recorded separately. It’s possible to see them separately, or all together, by selecting appropriate option of the “CURRENT TURN FILTER”, shown at the bottomright of the losses screen. This information may not be accurate during the first two player turns for ongoing games. 2. Scenarios and games saved under this version will not load under older versions of the game.

Bug fixes
    1. Reduced the possibility of crashes, especially during air interdiction and other battles.

Data changes
    1. Minor changes to the translation file.
[/ul]

Happy Gaming!

Here are the changes that were in the 1.09.02 hotfix which are included in 1.10.00:

New features
1. Changed the way current turn losses are calculated and displayed. No longer they are reset after the first visit to the losses screen. Current turn losses (for both players) are now automatically reset at the start of each logistics phase. However, previous values of current turn losses are recorded just before that reset, and are added to the current values in the appropriate column on the losses screen. This means that for every player current turn losses show losses incurred since the start of the enemy player’s logistics phase. Unfortunately, due to data constraints current turn losses for individual ground elements and aircraft include only the losses since the start of last logistics phase. This information may not be accurate during the first two player turns for ongoing games.
2. Half of elements damaged during the current turn will no longer sometimes count as losses for the purposes of victory calculations, only permanent losses will count.
3. Reduced the chance of manpower factories being lost when a city suffered damage or (especially) was captured.
4. Occupied city manpower attrition will now happen only to German cities before 1/45, and Soviet cities (with the exception of cities considered to be part of Finland and Rumania) before 1/43.
5. Axis player will now get information about the total population that has migrated in their logistics phase log, just like the Soviet player. Also, both sides will now get information about the total population that is missing. This information may not be accurate for ongoing games.
6. Increased maximum shipping and amphibious capabilities of both sides by 50% to take into account increased unit load costs. The speed at which shipping and amphibious points are accumulated was not changed.
7. German aircraft production will be no longer reduced to 75% of ground production in 1945.
8. Reverted new feature #10 and #16 from 1.09.01, since they reduced bombing efficiency too much and altered inter-plane type balance.

Bug fixes
1. Fixed a bug where the number of damaged men was fluctuating up and down while combat was observed on higher message level setting. The game will no longer try to add an estimate of men that may become disabled once damaged elements will be lost or returned to the pool during next friendly logistics phase. Only really disabled men will now count as damaged.
2. Fixed a bug where only the last set of AA weapons fired was displayed in combat report, when multiple flights (batch of planes from a single air group) flew during a single air mission.
3. Fixed a bug where scroll button would not appear on offline combat report for city bombing missions. It should now appear more often, but there is no guarantee it will work every time.
4. Fixed a bug where hidden log was exported to the text file.
5. Fixed a bug where the percentage of supply on hand at the start of resupply was unnecessarily doubled.
6. Fixed a bug where HQ units (including air bases and rail repair units) were forcing partisans to relocate upon being unloaded.
7. Fixed a bug where isolated city manpower attrition might have been improperly calculated in case of multiple manpower factories in the same city, and also recorded as lost by a wrong player.
8. Fixed a bug where damaged (or captured) city manpower attrition might have been recorded as lost by a wrong player.
9. Fixed a bug where occupied city manpower attrition for Axis cities happened during Soviet logistics phase.
10. Fixed a bug where truck changes might not have been properly recorded for some withdrawing Soviet units (though they rarely withdraw, at least in campaigns).
11. Fixed a bug where entrained combat units that have retreated from battle were not detrained.
12. Fixed a bug where it was possible to move units stopped at sea to an adjacent land hex using normal movement, bypassing amphibious restrictions.
13. Fixed a bug where it was impossible to continue naval/amphibious movement of units stopped at sea.
14. Fixed a bug where it was possible to unload units at sea.
15. Fixed a bug where Soviet motorized divisions were not given new number upon being reformed as or upgraded to rifle divisions, if there already was another rifle division with the same number.
16. Fixed a bug where it was impossible to assign an existing support unit from higher HQ(s) using the “ASSIGN” function, if that support unit’s TOE was not yet available.
17. Fixed a bug where depleted units were not automatically relocated (or destroyed if isolated) like routed units, and could be attacked, but didn’t show up in battle report (resulting in battles with no one, if all of the defending units were depleted).
Lucas Young

Production Assistant

Image Image
wallas

RE: Public Beta v1.10.00 is Now Available!

Post by wallas »

Excellent, thank you team.
GamesaurusRex

Post by GamesaurusRex »

Once again... THANKS TO MORVAEL AND THE REST OF THE CREW for the updates !
"Real Life" is a game... THIS is war !
Nix77

Post by Nix77 »

A little off-topic: is it possible to get the game serial number for WitE purchased from Steam? Seems like there's no CD-key included, so I can't register the game in Member's Club? :(
RoflCopter4

Post by RoflCopter4 »

ORIGINAL: Nix77

A little off-topic: is it possible to get the game serial number for WitE purchased from Steam? Seems like there's no CD-key included, so I can't register the game in Member's Club? :(

I asked this a while back. The answer is a flat no. You can still get the beta releases on Steam though, so it's not really a huge problem.
Kel

Post by Kel »

Thank you !
Kein Operationsplan reicht mit einiger Sicherheit
über das erste Zusammentreffen
mit der feindlichen Hauptmacht hinaus.
swkuh

Post by swkuh »

Well done, thanks.
pompack

Post by pompack »

Get CTD when trying to use recon in PBEM as soviet. See post in Tech Support forum

EDIT: Resolved
See Tech Support Forum
pompack

Post by pompack »

Just a thought: Try starting a manual patch update using the update file referenced at the top of this thread. Note that you have to use the browse function to point to the program in the Steam folder. About step #3 in the update it will tell you the serial number; then cancel the update.
Not sure it will work with a Steam installation but I think that the updater doesn't care.
Tejszd

Post by Tejszd »

Thank you!
Timmeh

Post by Timmeh »

no relevant search results for " cv mode " searching inside the WITE forum.

Are there details posted on the new options screen with 1.10? Specifically the cv mode option toggles.
Nix77

Post by Nix77 »

ORIGINAL: pompack

Just a thought: Try starting a manual patch update using the update file referenced at the top of this thread. Note that you have to use the browse function to point to the program in the Steam folder. About step #3 in the update it will tell you the serial number; then cancel the update.
Not sure it will work with a Steam installation but I think that the updater doesn't care.

Seems like the beta patch was uploaded to Steam just one day after the announcement, somehow I recalled there was a longer "quarantine" period. I can live with 1-day delay on the patches, no problem :)
malyhin1517

Post by malyhin1517 »

After updating ceased to run the game under WIN XP!
Sorry, i use an online translator :(
Icier

Post by Icier »

[:D]
Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
Icier

Post by Icier »

[:(]
ORIGINAL: Ice

Just to confirm, did the download & update but execute version changed 1.09.02 to just 1.09.00 is that correct, for
I though it would show 1.10.00?

Just Ignore..downloaded wrong scenario!!!![:(]
Icier

Post by Icier »

Just checked it out...may seem minor but its terrific...great job
morvael

Post by morvael »

ORIGINAL: malyhin1517

After updating ceased to run the game under WIN XP!

Will be fixed in next patch. You should consider upgrading, this system isn't supported by Microsoft itself. Basically anything that still runs on it is a gift :)
MrBlizzard

Post by MrBlizzard »

Thanks for this patch and the continuous improvement!
Blizzard
Kursk1943

Post by Kursk1943 »

I' have tried to download now 4 times on several days, it downloads always 99%, then I get the message: file could not be downloaded. Never had this problems with all other downloads. Any ideas?[&:]
Stelteck

Post by Stelteck »

Is there an undocumented / shadowly change in renforcement routine in this patch ? (I updated from 1.09.01).

I seems to notice that renforcement/production of heavy artillery is much, much slower.

I created a heavy gun division (mostly 152mm gun-holwitzer) that take forever to fit, despite being in refit mode and despite i have one million points of armement in my stocks.

I also notice that 203mm gun (for breakthough divisions for example) renforce very, very slowly.

Nearly zero are produced each turn.
Brakes are for cowards !!

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series”