Patrol Zone inside Prosecution Zone??

Take command of air and naval assets from post-WW2 to the near future in tactical and operational scale, complete with historical and hypothetical scenarios and an integrated scenario editor.

Moderator: MOD_Command

Lubaru

Patrol Zone inside Prosecution Zone??

Post by Lubaru »

It is my experience with the game that such a setup does not work. Is that intended, or am I doing something wrong. Basically I have a small patrol zone for AAW patrol setup just to keep the ac stationed. Then the prosecution zone is much larger and encompasses/contains the afore mentioned patrol zone. With this setup the ac never respond to enemy ac entering the prosecution zone, however if I move the prosecution zone so that it no longer contains the patrol zone, then my ac respond to enemy violation properly. Just wondering if that is intended or if there is a way to have a patrol zone inside a prosecution zone and the ac respond correctly.
Maromak

RE: Patrol Zone inside Prosecution Zone??

Post by Maromak »

Have you checked the 'Investigate contacts outside the patrol area' box? It should be checked by default when you create a new AAW patrol.

It would be helpful if you attached a screen shot or save game file.

Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (145.34 KiB) Viewed 153 times
Certa Cito
Lubaru

Post by Lubaru »

Yes I have checked the investigate box. It is basically what you show in your screenshot. Have you got it to work successfully?
I am not able to post the scenario at the moment.
Lubaru

Post by Lubaru »

Ok I have narrowed it down some more. I actually have two separate patrol zones inside same Prosecution zone. I believe this is what is causing the problem, because when I remove one of the patrol zones out and remove its references in the mission editor the remaining patrol functions correctly. So it seems you can not have two different AAW patrol zones tied to the same prosecution zone in the mission editor.
magi

Post by magi »

I do it often... and no problem......
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

I use this all the time.

Could you perhaps post a save showing the behavior Lubaru? It'll be easier to troubleshoot.

Thanks!

Mike
Lubaru

Post by Lubaru »

Sure. I will post tonight.
Lubaru

Post by Lubaru »

Ok, here is a setup which illustrates what I am seeing. This particular one I just setup from a premade scenario and have modified for the purpose of testing things. As you will see Blue has two patrol zones each inside the same prosecution zone. Added a E2C just to get the Red air to violate the Blue Prosecution Zone.

Attachments
Testground..lystok_1.zip
(116.07 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
Maromak

Post by Maromak »

Thanks for uploading the test scenario. I've run the scenario using Build 906.15 and the missions seem to be working correctly. I have attached a screenshot showing both friendly fighters engaging enemy aircraft once they cross into the common prosecution zone.

Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (233.37 KiB) Viewed 154 times
Certa Cito
Lubaru

Post by Lubaru »

Okay thanks. Are you saying you were able to duplicate what I was seeing in build 870, but when you ran in 906 it works fine? Just wondering if that is my problem, if so upgrading will solve it. If not then I must have something screwed up in my install.
Maromak

Post by Maromak »

Works fine in 906. I didn't observe the action you were referring to originally.
Certa Cito
Lubaru

Post by Lubaru »

Ok at least you confirmed it is isolated to me, my pc, or install. I'll keep fiddling with it to see if I can fix this. It is very frustrating but I am sure it is something simple.
I have the steam version so I will see if I can verify the integrity of the files and if that helps.
Thanks for you help
Lubaru

Post by Lubaru »

Well just verified game files and it said some files failed to validate, and were reacquired. But still get the same affect. Verified a second time and rebooted. Still no change.
Lubaru

Post by Lubaru »

Here is what I am seeing so far after much experimenting. When I run in time compression the scen and missions work fine. However when I stop running time compression just prior to the red air entering the Prosecution Zone and go to 1:1 time the mission fails to function properly ie blue does not engage with a single missile. And all blue air get destroyed eventually. Also when I start the game and uncheck Hi-Fidelity mode the missions seem to be working fine without the afore mentioned prosecution problems. I am so confused. Maromak can you tell if you are using HiFi mode, and time compression when you ran the scenario?

EDIT:
I have run and rerun the scenario multiple times and am able to confirmed that this anomaly is happening only in Hi-Fidelity mode when not using time compression. Could someone try running with those settings for comparison. Just start the scen with Hi-Fi mode enabled and don't use time compression while red air is inside blue prosecution zone. ie only use time compression to the point before any red air enter the blue prosecution zone if you need to speed things up.
Lubaru

Post by Lubaru »

Ok. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Command and the result is the same.this situation is happening without fail every time in HiFi mode. 10 out of 10 times in HiFi mode and using NO time compression I ran the scenario and the blue air fails to engage at all (they never fire a single missile or bullet and are eventually wiped out). When not using HiFi mode blue air engages as they should and defends their Prosecution Area per the mission editor.

Two things:
First. I find it hard to believe this is a bug in the game as I am sure you are for surely someone would have already identified it before now. However one thing that could explain that is that even in HiFi mode the anomaly I mentioned does not show up if time compression is used. If this is a bug then that might explain why it has not been identified yet. In lieu of that I am hoping one of you guys wouldn't mind re-running the scenario in post 8 using the settings in this post and let me know what you get. It would at least allow me to narrow my focus for a solution.
Second. I am curious how others run scenarios. What settings for game speed and such do you use. If this is not a bug then I have something set incorrectly.

Maromak

Post by Maromak »

ORIGINAL: Lubaru

Here is what I am seeing so far after much experimenting. When I run in time compression the scen and missions work fine. However when I stop running time compression just prior to the red air entering the Prosecution Zone and go to 1:1 time the mission fails to function properly ie blue does not engage with a single missile. And all blue air get destroyed eventually.

I've tried to replicate this running in 1:1 time and Time Mode as Pulsed(normal) but I found that blue side would engage as soon as red crossed into the prosecution zone. I have tried this with High Fidelity on and off and blue side always engages as per the screenshot. I personally never play with High Fidelity mode on.

Attachments
Capture.jpg
Capture.jpg (342.89 KiB) Viewed 155 times
Certa Cito
Maromak

Post by Maromak »

Also re-ran scenario using the No-pulse (fast) setting and found that blue engages the targets when at 1:1 speed. I know it must be frustrating but I can't seem to replicate the issue.
Certa Cito
Lubaru

Post by Lubaru »

Kinda what I expected but not what I hoped. Yes it is very frustrating and I am out of ideas. But thank you for your time and help.
Lubaru

Post by Lubaru »

Okay folks I am so glad to be able to tell you that the issue is finally resolved. I have tried so many things that have not fixed the issue like uninstalling and reinstalling on another drive, disabling virtually every background process, and too many other things to list. But finally I decided to install the latest beta update release 906.16 over my steam 8xx.xx install and that fixed the problem.
Maromak

Post by Maromak »

Good to hear you found a solution.
Certa Cito

Return to “Command: Modern Operations series”