Point Cost/Victory Point Question

Post new mods and scenarios here.

Moderator: MOD_Flashpoint

TuGunJr

Point Cost/Victory Point Question

Post by TuGunJr »

I accidentally canceled my thread so i forgot what i just put, anyways i made a new army as a test using all new equipment and units and i have a couple tank units whose vp is super high, one is OP so im fine with that but the other doesnt make sense, its a light tank comparable to an m68 patton stat wise. its vp is 4008 for 1 tank. That tank and the OP tank are the only 2 units with super high point costs, my other tanks have no issues, can anybody assist in this matter? Please and thank you.
Attachments
pointcost.jpg
pointcost.jpg (33.47 KiB) Viewed 313 times
In the name of Kane! Peace through power!
CapnDarwin

RE: Point Cost/Victory Point Question

Post by CapnDarwin »

Can you post or PM me your data file? Something in that must be off and causing the strange VP value. I'll see what I can find.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
Stimpak

Post by Stimpak »

That certainly is weird.
Could you show me the data file you're working with?

CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

[:D]

TuGunJr

Post by TuGunJr »

PM's sent[&o]

Attachments
rule_of_th..mandera9.jpg
rule_of_th..mandera9.jpg (33.26 KiB) Viewed 302 times
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

A quick 5 minute look this morning. The one thing I see is the weapons list for those M3s and few other units are not comma delimited. It needs to be "TG30*40, MG3*200". My guess the other units with this issue have VP problems but not to this degree. Add those in and see if that fixes the issue. I'll take a better look when I get home from work later today.

Stimpak

Post by Stimpak »

I added comma indents and the VPs were restored to normal.

Some other things I've noticed:
The Twisted Insurrection cameos work in TS but they're harder to tell apart at this scale. I know there aren't many other options, however. The Infantry at least can be represented by the universal infantry markers.
The Tank Battalions don't work; "HTank" is not specified
Those recon platoons seem rather... large. Try breaking them up into smaller sections.
TuGunJr

Post by TuGunJr »

Did you change the date to 2012? i just input a year in for the start date to specify they weren't available for a while and 2012 popped in mind. and i agree about the recce i was really just making it in terms of how nod would do it in C&C. i figured id playtest a bit and adjust accordingly on how i feel there strategies would go and conform to the game as well.
EDIT***
Also i would like some suggestions on how you think NOD would conform their strategy to the different Army Groups.
EDIT***
okay last edit, how many subunits can a transport capable vehicle carry?
Stimpak

Post by Stimpak »

We've only ever seen them in C&C, where the order of battle is dictated by what strategy you're using and how much tiberium you've harvested, as opposed to rigid organizational structures. The style of warfare is also very different as opposed to real life and FCRS; combat revolves around highly mobile construction-site-in-a-truck vehicles rapidly establishing bases and then summoning units from nowhere, tossing them at each other until one runs out of local resources.

Nod enjoys stealth, guerilla warfare, harassment, and if brute force is needed, sheer numbers. So they'll enjoy the same deception and flanking tactics the Soviets had, while at the same time not being able to steamroll their opposition.

As far as I'm aware, a transport carries as many subunits as defined in the data file. The subunit inspector will always say the carrying capacity is one, but based on my experience showing most transports being capable of lifting two infantry subunits (One inside the carrier, others riding on top), the data file values are the ones you should go by.

EDIT: I also noticed you infantry are walking around with tank-killing pulse weapons.
TuGunJr

Post by TuGunJr »

I totally admit the tank hunters are way to strong for what they carry, when i get back home i'll be modifying that to tone it down a bit, that weapon is only appropriate for some cyborgs ill add later.
Earlier i did a complete rehash of the TO&E and id say its about 70% done. I am basing it partially off of the 1st soviet formation (85+) i believe if memory serves me correctly.
Ive pretty much got them divided up into 2 eras: C&C 1ish and tiberian wars/twisted insurrection (mod). Which reminds me i need to ask the TI guys about using their stuff. Hopefully they'll say yes so i can post it.[:D]
If not ill just have to make my own stuff up.

Return to “Mods and Scenarios”