Hidden A2A pop-up forms

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: Shannon V. OKeets

4personalbusiness

Hidden A2A pop-up forms

Post by 4personalbusiness »

During A2A combat, the pop up forms often are hidden from view behind the main A2A interface. When this happens (it doesn't happen every time), I can't get them to move to the front so I can click "ok" to proceed to the next step. I am using two monitors and using Parallels to run Windows 7 on my Macbook Pro. Any solution or workaround would be greatly appreciated. Pete
4personalbusiness

RE: Hidden A2A pop-up forms

I see now there's already a thread on this.
4personalbusiness

The other thread's solutions don't seem to be working for me. Anybody else have some ideas? Thanks. Pete
rkr1958

Post by rkr1958 »

ORIGINAL: 4personalbusiness

The other thread's solutions don't seem to be working for me. Anybody else have some ideas? Thanks. Pete
What worked for me last time was to open task manager and select (i.e., highlight) MWiF. I then saw a child process to this one (i.e., indented and just after it) that I then highlighted and which brought the form forward.
Ronnie
4personalbusiness

Hey, Ronnie! Thanks. What is a child process? I don't see anything other than MWiF.
4personalbusiness

So, I got so pissed off at this hidden form issue that I threw my second monitor out the window in a fit of uncontrollable rage. When I cooled down and opened the game using only my laptop the problem didn't reappear. I'm really glad this worked since I don't have another computer to use when this one files out the window.
rkr1958

Post by rkr1958 »

ORIGINAL: 4personalbusiness

So, I got so pissed off at this hidden form issue that I threw my second monitor out the window in a fit of uncontrollable rage. When I cooled down and opened the game using only my laptop the problem didn't reappear. I'm really glad this worked since I don't have another computer to use when this one files out the window.
Whatever it takes. [:D] Good deal you got it working.
Ronnie
JagWars

Post by JagWars »

I also use two monitors (27 inch) and I have this problem constantly and not just with A2A combat, but with most of the dialogue boxes at one time or another.
The best work-around that I have found is to place the main game map on the secondary monitor and put everything else on the primary monitor. The dialogue and response boxes will appear on the primary monitor.
As long as you keep the global map no larger than half screen, the dialogue and response boxes can usually be clicked upon and come forward so that you can respond.
This still is not an 100% solution, but has reduced my frustration with the problem immensely.
4personalbusiness

Wow, I can't believe there isn't a simple programming fix for this. All these attempted workarouns are silly, frankly. Until then, I'm just sticking with using one monitor during the problematic phases.
GJK

Post by GJK »

I just posted in one of the other threads my frustration with this. I think it's definitely an issue with dual monitors. I'll try just keeping everything on my primary display to see if it eliminates it; great if it does but disappointing if I can't get all the other various windows off to the side as they cover up a good portion of the map window.
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

-Dean Vernon Wormer

Return to “Tech Support”