Pilot training

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

palioboy2

Pilot training

Post by palioboy2 »

Hello. A quick question for you guys
that I haven't been able to find an answer too.

I am a little confused by the pilot training screen. Not the training of pilots in individual airgroups but the over 12 month initial training.

For instance in Dec 41 my US army pilots were at 35 experience and after January they were as well. Does this number ever increase? How do I know pilots have gone through the whole 12 month cycle and need to be transfered to a training group.

I understand the general idea of how the initial training works but don't really understand how to read the screen. I would love if somebody could break down each column of that screen.

In my last game I stripped pilots from the training program to send to training squadrons too quickly and their starting experience started to drop. I am looking to avoid this happening again.

Thanks a ton!
BBfanboy

RE: Pilot training

Post by BBfanboy »

When pilots have finished their 12 months training they go to the General Reserve pool. All you have to do to draw pilots into the squadrons you are using for training is create some vacancies in the training squadrons by returning pilots to the pool and then (in the air unit screen) select "choose veteran" and find the low-experience pilots you want to train.

Note that pilots are assigned by the AI as bomber, fighter, patrol, etc. pilots so draw them into squadrons of the same type. Unless you are a desperate player with no pilots in reserve pools, never take pilots from the initial training program screen. That screen is just to give you an idea of what is coming to replace your losses.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
palioboy2

Post by palioboy2 »

When can I expect the first classes to start graduating into my reserve pool? I am in May 42 in my game. There are a fair amount of low experience pI lots in my pools but I cant really tell if they are from the training program or me realising pilots from squadrons I have to withdraw.
PaxMondo

Post by PaxMondo »

At the end of every month, pilots graduate and move into your pool at the national average of experience. You will get a note in the ops report and for IJ there is an HI cost assessed. An equal number of new students start the school at the same time with exp = 0.

Pax
kbfchicago

Post by kbfchicago »

There are a number of good posts on training with considerable detail. BLUF is you need to stage. Putting newly trained pilots in state side units to gain additional/specific experience. Then xfer them to front line units when experience is in the 50-70 range.
MacBook Pro / WITP-AE running in Parallels v15.x

Return to “The War Room”