Crazy Surrending rules & Ageod backup for this game

AGEod goes back to the Napoleonic era and delivers the most detailed and comprehensive strategy game ever created about a time of struggle and conquest that forged modern Europe.
gazfun

Crazy Surrending rules & Ageod backup for this game

Post by gazfun »

We have a game where 75% of Austria is occupied by France Austria moral is only 56 or so yet Austria still get subsidies from GB & continues? France has offered the scripted peace terms like Pressburg yet Austria still can continues with the war.
All Austria has to do is not engage in any battles avoid fights. Yet this war continues.

There hasnt been a upgrade since August 2016. Are you guys abandoning this game? in referance to support or what?.

There has never been enough explanation to the scripting events and what we are to expect in game terms. This may ok for the solo players out there but there is a lot of us who are in Multiplayer gamers who need to work out some grand strategy.
Peace offerings where no one accepts, because of the choice of gamey effects which doesnt do well for the experience.

The whole game is based on Hindsight of History, Not making your own history. If I wanted to see history Id be better of watching a movie, the reason most of us play a game is to do something to change the dreaded obvious.

So what are your plans for the future of this game then please? a lot of people will watching the answers on this

The combat system is good, and the logistics are good, just need a clean up with AI Minors being more active, and political/peace issues
PythonMagus

RE: Crazy Surrending rules & Ageod backup for this game

Post by PythonMagus »

I support Gazfun on this. It has been a very immersive game to play, with movement, battles and historical units as big winners. However, when you have won (or lost) a war, the VP/Peace system is so fatally flawed that the victor is often punished. In one of our club games, Britain took Paris and was penalised 8000 vps!

I would love to see some work done on these. Crowd funding?
gazfun

Post by gazfun »

ORIGINAL: DavidBowman

I support Gazfun on this. It has been a very immersive game to play, with movement, battles and historical units as big winners. However, when you have won (or lost) a war, the VP/Peace system is so fatally flawed that the victor is often punished. In one of our club games, Britain took Paris and was penalised 8000 vps!

I would love to see some work done on these. Crowd funding?
Thanks for the backup [:)]
Pans

Post by Pans »

I am a real fan of this game and I like the details and style of it.
But what Gazfun said is totally right. It makes no sense to conquere a minors nor a Major powers Country if there will be no surrender in the end.
By example I played in a seven PBEM game and conquered every last City of Denmark. But the Danes are not willing to give up?!
Another Point is the interaction with your minor allies. There is no way of convincing them to fight side by side - even if ist to protect them.
Some more inside view of the Details and a bit more flexibility of interaction would be great.
gazfun

Post by gazfun »

With Minors have you used the tab button for minors? in game?
Lancier

Post by Lancier »

Totally agree.

Besides promising a good new game, WSS, instead of fixing WoN would not help as these 2 games are for different eras and for napoleonic gamers that would not be enough. WoN has a great potential that current pbem gamers know as there are not many pbem napoleonic grand campaign strategy games around,especailly when it is wego system what you are looking for, i just request from developers not to abandon that WoN game but fix it, releasing wss is not a solution.
ORIGINAL: gazfun
The combat system is good, and the logistics are good, just need a clean up with AI Minors being more active, and political/peace issues
GdD Colbert * TWC Co-founder

lordlau1

Post by lordlau1 »

I agree wholeheartedly. I am unhappy with how AEGOD released this game. The diplomacy is horrible. I, myself, took Paris with GB and was penalized VP and NM. The "fall of Paris" script did not work correctly. France didn't suffer any losses! The script literally fired backwards...so 150 turns into a 7 player PBEM was essentially destroyed because the game scripts were incorrect....brutal!

I now have a game as France where Presburg will not fire; I have had 5 other players check the conditions, and it should, but it hasn't....more script problems...

Return to “Wars of Napoleon”