map & similar game questions

Sovereignty: Crown of Kings is a turn-based fantasy strategy game for the PC. It offers a intuitive yet deep province system, allowing you to raise armies, conduct diplomacy, scout enemy battle lines, rally heroes to your banner, send them on quests, cast spells and go to war. In Sovereignty, the player chooses one of 35 Realms in a bid for dominance of the map. Play is conducted in a series of turns as a single player game. Each Realm has a unique culture and history, which translates directly into different play-styles. Each realm has its own mix of unit types and spell trees. Their diplomatic relations, economies and histories vary. A player may choose a new realm and experience the game in a very different way. Fantasy heroes, troops, races and spells complement the rise to power.
Nimrod 9th

map & similar game questions

Post by Nimrod 9th »

Considering buying. All my games are traditional historical (WWII, ACW, Nap, etc). Two questions:
1) does the game have a random map generator or do you play on the same map every game?
2) Is the game engine/system similar to any traditional historical games that I can compare it to?
Thanks!
zakblood

RE: map & similar game questions

Post by zakblood »

1, no, it's the same map every game
2, no idea on that one, not sure of the game engine used so will eye of the side of caution and leave that for a developer to answer
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) (22621.ni_release.220506-1250)
Lord Zimoa

Post by Lord Zimoa »

The Sovereignty engine is custom build.
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Really is a fantasy 4x, wargaming-lite product. Devs have really committed to it, but is not in my Top 20. However, it is far and away better than Matrix Victory and Glory: Napoleon, imo. Lots more to do and see.
JReb

Post by JReb »

The tactical battles seem to use a Panzer Corps type of engine to resolve. The strategic layer is definitely something new.
My shrink says I have anger management and conflict resolution issues....and I'LL FIGHT ANYBODY THAT DISAGREES!
Nimrod 9th

Post by Nimrod 9th »

Thanks people! I'll watch the forum and hopefully a good utube or two will come out showing how game plays. Don't mean to stop the discussion. I bet others have the same question.

Return to “Sovereignty: Crown of Kings”