Refit Question

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

rmwood6426

Refit Question

Post by rmwood6426 »

Are there penalties tied to units in refit mode? CV and/or MP penalties etc?
Markojager

RE: Refit Question

Post by Markojager »

In the manual I don't see any penalty, as the option gives bonus and add priority to the reinforments.

Edit: I was looking throught the forum Aand I didn't saw that it was already answer this question in a double post beforee.
If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly.

David Hackworth
FireDog

Post by FireDog »

That's a good question. I have also been wondering do you get fewer general supplies, fuel, and ammo when a unit is in refit mode? i.e. does the unit receive the same amount of freight it would have, but some is turned into reinforcements?
LiquidSky

Post by LiquidSky »

Replacement points are freight. Fuel is freight. Supply is freight.

Ammo is converted from supplies.

At the unit level, it is hard to predict if it would have gotten more supplies/fuel instead of replacements. Maybe it receives more freight to compensate for the extra replacements...maybe not.

At the army group level...however! A depot can only receive so much freight along the rail lines...(or by sea). If the entire army group is jammed in a small area being serviced by only a couple of depots...then their wont be enough freight to go around for everyone.

In that case you may want to cut down on the overall demand by not shipping out replacements that wont get supply anyways.

What can happen is you can land the entire allied army in France.....and not own enough ports to move enough freight to the continent to keep them supplied. You may then want to pull back the more beat up units back to Britain for refit.

Or increase the amount of freight by taking more ports
“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
FireDog

Post by FireDog »

Thanks!!

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”