Refit Question

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

rmwood6426

Refit Question

Post by rmwood6426 »

The benefits of setting your units to Refit mode is well covered in the manual. However, what are the drawbacks of a unit in refit mode? Are there CV and/or MP penalties etc?
Helpless

RE: Refit Question

Post by Helpless »

ORIGINAL: rmwood6426

The benefits of setting your units to Refit mode is well covered in the manual. However, what are the drawbacks of a unit in refit mode? Are there CV and/or MP penalties etc?

Iirc, there are no combat/operational consequences for the unit in the refit mode. On opposite being in combat or moving might have consequences for the unit in refit, i.e. it might have chances to get replacements.
Pavel Zagzin
WITE/WITW/WITE-2 Development
LiquidSky

RE: Refit Question

Post by LiquidSky »

Replacements = freight.

Sometimes it is better for your units to be receiving supply instead of replacements. Extra guys with no ammo is not going to help you. More tanks with no fuel same deal.

Also refit goes a lot better if your supply priority is high for the same reason.

“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”