Steam version

Advanced Tactics is a versatile turn-based strategy system that gives gamers the chance to wage almost any battle in any time period. The initial release focuses on World War II and includes a number of historical scenarios as well as a full editor! This forum supports both the original Advanced Tactics and the new and improved Advanced Tactics: Gold Edition.

Moderator: Vic

Bombur

Steam version

Post by Bombur »

I would like to notice the incompatibility between steam and no steam versions (after upgrade to 2.25) is a serious trouble for multiplayer games, since steam only owners are excluded from some games. And once one player upgrades to 2.25 then everyone must do the same. What could be done to fix it?
ernieschwitz

RE: Steam version

Post by ernieschwitz »

Actually I don't think they need to play with version 2.25, since there are no changes to mechanisms I could see, the change is mainly one that can be adjusted from player to player. That is scrolling speed, and hexcoloring. Those are not something that go from player to player. Sure they will get a message that their version is older than the one being used, but, it won't have other effects than that, I think.
Creator of High Quality Scenarios for:
  • Advanced Tactics Gold
    DC: Warsaw to Paris
    DC: Community Project.
Try this Global WW2 Scenario: https://www.vrdesigns.net/scenario.php?nr=280
tortugapower

RE: Steam version

Post by tortugapower »

Hi Bombur,

RufusFirefly is playing with 2.25, but I am playing in the same PBEM series on the Steam release. No issues so far; I'll report back if I find something.

Cheers.
Matrix Games video tutorials:
Distant Worlds Universe
Advanced Tactics Gold

Return to “Advanced Tactics Series”