British 115th Inf Bde and RM 116th and 117th Inf Bdes

Gary Grigsby’s War in the West 1943-45 is the most ambitious and detailed computer wargame on the Western Front of World War II ever made. Starting with the Summer 1943 invasions of Sicily and Italy and proceeding through the invasions of France and the drive into Germany, War in the West brings you all the Allied campaigns in Western Europe and the capability to re-fight the Western Front according to your plan.

Moderators: Joel Billings, RedLancer

IslandInland

British 115th Inf Bde and RM 116th and 117th Inf Bdes

Post by IslandInland »

These three British brigades are present in the 1945 scenario but don't seem to show up in the main campaign scenario (43-45). I've also looked at the 43-45 scenario in the editor and I can't see them there either.

Is there a reason for this or is this an oversight? I've checked the reinforcement schedule for the 43-45 campaign and I can't see them. I might have missed them in which case I apologise.[:)]

This issue may have been raised before but the search function in these forums is still not working.

War In The East 2 & Steel Inferno Expansion Beta Tester
War In The West Operation Torch Beta Tester
Strategic Command American Civil War Beta Tester
XXXCorps
1941 Hitler's Dream Scenario for WITE 2
RedLancer

RE: British 115th Inf Bde and RM 116th and 117th Inf Bdes

Post by RedLancer »

It's a reverse oversight. I added them to the 45 Campaign because I had the insignia (if you look in the insignia folder there are a lot of extras for formations not in game).

If I recall correctly these brigades were formed by breaking up AA units and saw little if any combat.
John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev
IslandInland

RE: British 115th Inf Bde and RM 116th and 117th Inf Bdes

Post by IslandInland »

ORIGINAL: Red Lancer

It's a reverse oversight. I added them to the 45 Campaign because I had the insignia (if you look in the insignia folder there are a lot of extras for formations not in game).

If I recall correctly these brigades were formed by breaking up AA units and saw little if any combat.

Thanks for the reply.

Indeed. 115th was made up of ex-AA personnel and the two RM brigades were former members of the Royal Marines Division which was broken up in 1943.

The 115th Inf Bde and the 116th RM Inf Bde saw some fighting with the 116th distinguishing itself with the 1st Canadian Army in the fighting around Oldenburg.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/115th_Bri ... d_Kingdom)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/116th_Inf ... al_Marines

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/117th_Inf ... al_Marines

I think I will add them to the 43-45 main campaign scenario. I'm also working on a user created scenario which utilises the independent British brigades.

War In The East 2 & Steel Inferno Expansion Beta Tester
War In The West Operation Torch Beta Tester
Strategic Command American Civil War Beta Tester
XXXCorps
1941 Hitler's Dream Scenario for WITE 2

Return to “Gary Grigsby's War in the West”