My first pc game

Gamers can also use this forum to chat about any game related subject, news, rumours etc.

Moderator: maddog986

ularkusut

RE: My first pc game

Post by ularkusut »

mine is Command n Conquer, but now i forget anything about that game. because of many games i played afer that era
Franciscus

Post by Franciscus »

My first PC game was, I think, "Tyrants of Athens", for the 48K ZX Spectrum. In 1982 or 83...

It had mind-blowing graphics for a 14 year old kid of the 80's [:D]

I played lots of great games in my Spectrum (all pirated copies, but bought and sold openly in legit stores...yes, the 80's...[:D] ), but then entered med school and gaming was...relegated to the back burner...[8|]

My first "IBM-like" real PC was a 80286, and my first real game on it (using I think already Windows 3.1) was Civilization, the first one...back in 1992 I think.

Great memories...[:'(]
Attachments
tyrantofathens_5.jpg
tyrantofathens_5.jpg (9.83 KiB) Viewed 104 times
Former AJE team member
Curtis Lemay

Post by Curtis Lemay »

I don't count games I may have played on work computers. When I finally got my own PC, it was the early 90's. The first game I grabbed was Aces of the Pacific:

Attachments
acespacific.jpg
acespacific.jpg (36.62 KiB) Viewed 104 times
My TOAW web site:

Bob Cross's TOAW Site
TulliusDetritus

Post by TulliusDetritus »

Maniac Mansion 1! [&o]

1990 or 1991 IIRC

Attachments
Maniac_Mansion_1.jpg
Maniac_Mansion_1.jpg (26.6 KiB) Viewed 104 times
"Hitler is a horrible sexual degenerate, a dangerous fool" - Mussolini, circa 1934
Wolfe1759

Post by Wolfe1759 »

ZX81 Game of Life

Attachments
200px--Gos.._gun.ogv.gif
200px--Gos.._gun.ogv.gif (2.05 KiB) Viewed 104 times
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill
nelmsm1

Post by nelmsm1 »

ORIGINAL: Curtis Lemay

I don't count games I may have played on work computers. When I finally got my own PC, it was the early 90's. The first game I grabbed was Aces of the Pacific:

Same for me
Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

The first computer game that i really got into was FA18 Interceptor on Amiga when i was 8 years old back in 1989

When a pentium finally came to our household - a Pentium 133 16mb ram computer in 1996, the first game that i actually got was Empire Interactive's War in the Gulf- loved it! played it as much as i could, but the final mission was ridiculously hard, in fact i have read elsewhere similar sentiments and i have never heard of anyone completing it
I also got Chronicles of the Broken Sword and Lost Eden, but point and click adventures just simply did not do it for me - it was armored land warfare games all the way - armored fist 2, then M1 Tank Platoon 2 -this was the best, i devoted far too much time to m1tp2!
goodwoodrw

Post by goodwoodrw »

That was the first game I bought for my Amiga. The one thing I remember in that game was, you never were able to see another a/c just a shining dot.
Formerly Goodwood

Agathosdaimon

Post by Agathosdaimon »

ORIGINAL: BASB

That was the first game I bought for my Amiga. The one thing I remember in that game was, you never were able to see another a/c just a shining dot.

lol, yes that was my experience! I was adamant that it would be possible to get closer but the enemy was always at most a dot on the horizon - i spent most of the game, flying around san fran and flying under the golden gate and then trying to just successfully land on the carrier again

i think it was part of some suite of games that came with the amiga 500 - because we had technocop, hard drivin, dogs of war, some tennis game that my sisters always played, silkworm, xenon, - i am not sure where these came from, i never saw my parents buying them, they just were there one day, maybe a friend gave them or something.

Capt. Harlock

Post by Capt. Harlock »

Guadalcanal Campaign by Gary Grigsby.

Attachments
guadalacanal.jpg
guadalacanal.jpg (91.55 KiB) Viewed 104 times
Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo
AFIntel

Post by AFIntel »

Mid 1980's on a Commodore 64. SSI's USAAF. I spent countless weekends deep into the night planning the aerial destruction of Germany.

Soon after that I bought SSI's Mech Brigade. I remember going to the public library to find all the books and magazines I could find about US and Soviet armor.
reg113

Post by reg113 »

Zork C64
"Life's a b***h, then you die."
Hexagon

Post by Hexagon »

PC Basket 4.0, 1996 in a CD with previous 3 games

And a few weeks later my first "wargame" "The civil war" empire entertainment saddly the EU version that was very bugged unlike american version that receive good patches that made it work ok.

Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
Jafele

Post by Jafele »

Admiral Graf Spee on Amstrad CPC 464. My father bought the computer in 1985, AGS and other free games were included in the pack. I had already played other Commodore and Spectrum games in the early 80s. [8|]
Las batallas contra las mujeres son las únicas que se ganan huyendo.

NAPOLEÓN BONAPARTE

Cuando el necio oye la verdad se carcajea, porque si no lo hiciera la verdad no sería la verdad.

LAO TSE
Anonymous

[Deleted]

Post by Anonymous »

[Deleted by Admins]
Qwixt

Post by Qwixt »

Excluding pong of course, my very first computer game that I played was on a TSR80? that my uncle owned, and it was a star trek game loaded from tape. The very first game I bought was Bard's Tale for C64. It was pivotal in my forming my "RPG's need to have automapping" rule [:D] I spent a lot of hours in that game, and had many hand drawn maps on graph paper.
rickier65

Post by rickier65 »

ORIGINAL: Challerain

First game: Temple of Apshai for C64

First wargame - SSI's Knights of the Desert for C64

SSI's Knights of the Desert for the C64 was also my first wargame.

I recall playing Temple of Apshai, but I think Zork (a text based game) might have been first personal computer game. I had played some text based computer games at Univ of Illinois before either of those.

Rick
demyansk

Post by demyansk »

ORIGINAL: Red2112

Microprose Gunship 2000...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HQi9wqJaXY

Cool red, I had this game to, remember the keyboard overlay?
redcoat

Post by redcoat »

My first computer game was Age of Rifles. I still have a version of it on my computer now.
“‘Who controls the past,’ ran the Party slogan, ‘controls the future: who controls the present controls the past.’”

George Orwell, 1984

Return to “General Discussion”