Order of Battle to feature the Kriegsmarine!

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Lukas, Erik2

AlbertoC

Order of Battle to feature the Kriegsmarine!

Post by AlbertoC »

Order of Battle returns to its roots with this DLC and it expands to the icy waters of the North Sea and the Atlantic Ocean, pitting the Kriegsmarine against the might of the Royal Navy and its allies.

Order of Battle: Kriegsmarine features a subject rarely touched upon by other games and never with such level of detail: you will follow the German navy in its years-long campaign to challenge the Allied supremacy of the sea.

This will put you in situations which you’ve never faced before in the Order of Battle. You will fight as the underdog and support land operations, perform convoy-raiding missions, lure enemy ships into deadly ambushes and make extensive use of submarines. Fight through historical and what-if scenarios alike and demonstrate you are the real master of the seas!

The game will feature iconic ships such as the Bismarck and the Scharnhorst, introduces a wide range of submarines, naval bombers, flying boats, gun boats, destroyers, cruisers, and it’ll be even possible to make use of the Graf Zeppelin carrier!

Kriegsmarine will start its beta soon. We are looking for willing and active beta testers to help us finding bugs and give us suggestions. We need your help, so if you’re interested click here and join the beta.
This beta will also be the first testing phase of the new skirmish mode, a much-anticipated feature in Order of Battle.
Rosseau

RE: Order of Battle to feature the Kriegsmarine!

Post by Rosseau »

This is a pretty questionable move. Like Panzer Corps with only ships? Always wish Matrix devs the best, but hope it is about $5. Not that I am purchasing it anyway. Will require some excellent scripting, at least in single player.

I assume skirmish mode will be patched in to all your previous releases? That is a good thing.
Moltke71

Post by Moltke71 »

I disagree. The series was always better with a naval element.
Jim Cobb
klhbekool

Post by klhbekool »

I can't wait to try this one[:)]
KLH
jimi3

Post by jimi3 »

+1
Cheers, Jim
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

My point was no land element (based on screenshots), only naval and naval air. Yes, land+air+naval is great.
Moltke71

Post by Moltke71 »

Yeah, I felt Blitzkrieg emulated Panzer Corps too much to be great. Some of those secondary objectives were impossible... tougher than the primaries.
Jim Cobb
Intenso82

Post by Intenso82 »

And how many people participate in the beta?
Will there be an extended beta?
Craig42

Post by Craig42 »

Quick question... Is there a list of new units... I am really interested in having/seeing a Sunderland Flying Boat (UK forces) as my dad was an engineer on one during the war..

thanks
bssybeep

Post by bssybeep »

What's the release date for this DLC?

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II”