A/C flying at cruise speed on patrol station area

Post bug reports and ask for game support here.

Moderator: MOD_Command

cns180784

A/C flying at cruise speed on patrol station area

Post by cns180784 »

Hi you'll see in the save i've provided that despite the speed settings in their mission set to loiter when on station, the F-5's in both groups in the missions "1st Day Sweep" are at cruise speed. This happens after they had an engagement with enemy Migs as before they engaged them, they were at loiter speed on station. So the problem seems to be that they dont return to loiter speed in their station patrol area after being engaged offensive, thanks for looking.
Attachments
BrazilAbr..station.zip
(49.9 KiB) Downloaded 2 times
cns180784

RE: A/C flying at cruise speed on patrol station area

Post by cns180784 »

Here is a save before the a/c took off, you'll need to speed time up but as you can see the F-5's slow down to loiter speed as they approach the station area, so all is ok before they become engaged.

EDIT: I've just loaded the save back up after exiting the game (the first save above, where you see the a/c at cruise speed on station area) and the a/c instantly revert back to loiter speed, so that is for now a quick fix for when that happens.
Attachments
BrazilAbr..restart.zip
(47.36 KiB) Not downloaded yet
cns180784

Post by cns180784 »

Theres actually more to this problem. It occurs when i adjust the reference points for the prosecution zone but what else happens is my fighters dont engage hostiles when they enter the prosecution zone. What i done to try and rectify this which seemed to work was i removed the ref points from the mission, all for patrol and pros areas. I also deleted the old ref points and made new ones for both patrol/pros zones and added them to the mission. What happened then was two CAP patrols of two Hornets did then engage hostiles that came within the prosecution zone. But then when i added a third group of two, these didnt engage hostiles and acted like my fighter patrols did before i created and added the new ref points.

Thought i had nailed it but seems i handnt, its frustrating. I'll create a whole new AAW Patrol mission with new ref points for both patrol/pros zones (without ever moving them once added to the mission) and hopefully there will be no more hiccups. If the same happens again i'll post new saves for you to look when you have the time.
mikmykWS

Post by mikmykWS »

Thanks for the report and digging into this. Will have the devs take a look!

Latest and greatest version correct?

Mike
cns180784

Post by cns180784 »

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

Thanks for the report and digging into this. Will have the devs take a look!

Latest and greatest version correct?

Mike
Thanks and yes. running v1.11 SR6 Build 870.4.

Return to “Tech Support”