readiness and hitting

The new Cold War turned hot wargame from On Target Simulations, now expanded with the Player's Edition! Choose the NATO or Soviet forces in one of many scenarios or two linked campaigns. No effort was spared to model modern warfare realistically, including armor, infantry, helicopters, air support, artillery, electronic warfare, chemical and nuclear weapons. An innovative new asynchronous turn order means that OODA loops and various effects on C3 are accurately modeled as never before.

Moderators: WildCatNL, cbelva, IronManBeta, CapnDarwin, IronMikeGolf, Mad Russian

Jagger2002

readiness and hitting

Post by Jagger2002 »

I have noticed that as readiness decreases, accuracy decreases. Is the decrease in accuracy a percentage reduction matching the readiness percentage? So a unit at 50% readiness would see a 50% reduction in accuracy.

Or is there an increasing reduction in accuracy as readiness decreases? For example, a unit at 50% readiness might actually see a 75% reduction in accuracy?

Basically I am trying to get an idea of what level of readiness loss demands a resupply turn or a pullback due to lack of combat efficiency.
CapnDarwin

RE: readiness and hitting

Post by CapnDarwin »

Jagger2002, you are on the right track. The calculation is more detailed than just readiness. We also factor in training and morale of the unit when looking at combat and orders delays. Better trained forces see less impact from the same change in readiness than poor forces. It's a good idea to work to keep readiness high. The better the training of a unit the lower you can let readiness drop, but even the best start to suffer degrading effects from 100%.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
Jagger2002

Post by Jagger2002 »

Thanks for the info. What I am primarily trying to understand is at what point, in terms of readiness, should I halt a unit's frontline activities and resupply ASAP due to combat ineffectiveness? I am guessing a unit with readiness in the 60s might be reaching the point where it is tending towards combat ineffectiveness more likely to take losses without effectively hitting back.
CapnDarwin

Post by CapnDarwin »

Forgot to add in ammo supply too. That factors in a bit as well. 60-70% is worth looking at for what you may be able to do depending on situation. Units sitting still and not getting shot at recover a small amount of readiness over time. Setting to Rest and Refit, again not getting shot at or shooting back, provides a bigger recovery. You should also look to keep HQs as high as possible to keep command cycle time short. Every bit helps.
OTS is looking forward to Southern Storm getting released!

Cap'n Darwin aka Jim Snyder
On Target Simulations LLC
Jagger2002

Post by Jagger2002 »

Good point on the HQs. I just didn't even think of readiness impacting order cycles.

Return to “Flashpoint Campaigns Classic”