Mr Kane vs Olorin

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

PaxMondo

RE: Mr Kane (J) vs Olorin (A)

Post by PaxMondo »

ORIGINAL: Olorin

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy
If he makes India his entire focus you will have to prepare a "Fortress Karachi" and "Fortress Bombay" defence. Saw that happen in a game about a year or two ago (not the Greyjoy rookie game - another one against an experienced allied player).
But you are hurting him quite badly for this stage in the war so I think you can defend the Imphal area for now.

I think I remember that game. I also think of the Greyjoy vs Mr Kane game, which ended with a full scale India invasion by Mr Kane and the capitulation of the Allies in 1942, iirc.

I think it was early '44 GJ capitulated ...
Pax
Olorin

Post by Olorin »

Ah thanks for the clarification. Memory failure.
Olorin

Post by Olorin »

Olorin

Post by Olorin »

BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

Great shades of Greyjoy! That is a bold surprise for early 1942! I bet those South Pacific islands do not look so attractive to him now!

Too bad you did not have enough ships to lift the Air Support too. I like to assign the Aviation Base Forces that have nothing but Air Support so there will be some loaded no matter what.

Hope you can keep your lodgement, but if it fails it will have disrupted his plans and tied down his forces for months. Perhaps keep a few small cadres of the important units behind for rebuilding.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Encircled

Post by Encircled »

Its great, and will take the pressure off, but he can and will take those back in '42.

But it will give you time elsewhere, which is great!

witpqs

Post by witpqs »

[X(]
[&o]
Revthought

Post by Revthought »

Serious questions incoming (and keep in mind I only have experience with the game through October 1942) that are of great interest to me as an Allied player.

1. At this point in April 1942, do you have the strength to put up much of a fight if the KB and IJN concentrate in the area?

2. You've got 150k captured supply across multiple islands. Is that enough to build the airfields, repair the airfields, and keep your troops fed?

3. If your opponent concentrates to counter you here, can you actually keep supply going in to these islands 2+ months out?

4. In April 1942 Japanese air power is more than an over match for you, or it should be. What are the chances he can evaporate those supplies via bombing?
4a. Related: assuming you get those aviation support units in, once your opponent has good pilots and air units concentrated in the area, what is the likelihood that you can actually sustain a cap over the islands?
4b. Are you able to rotate fighters in and out through the air?
4c. What is the soonest you can realistically use the bases to sweep and strat bomb Japan?

5. Did any of your invasions trigger the Japanese emergency reinforcements? If so, what exactly is he getting and how will that impact you (here or elsewhere?)
Playing at war is a far better vocation than making people fight in them.
paradigmblue

Post by paradigmblue »

Toyohara is a huge blow - that's aircraft production that Kane no longer has. Great job.
Revthought

Post by Revthought »

ORIGINAL: paradigmblue

Toyohara is a huge blow - that's aircraft production that Kane no longer has. Great job.

What happens to those factories if he retakes the it?
Encircled

Post by Encircled »

1. No
2. No
3. No
4. No
5. Yes, depot divs and kamikazes

It will give him 2 + months of time though, and every allied player in '42 knows how important that can be.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: paradigmblue

I think you are confused with Toyama (on Honshu). Toyohara is on Sakhalin and has beaucoup resources and maybe a little light industry. No aircraft factories were harmed in the making of this invasion. [:D]
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Olorin

Post by Olorin »

Olorin

Post by Olorin »

ny59giants

Post by ny59giants »

I don't recall you being this bold and aggressive in our game. First Hawaii and now here.
[center]Image[/center]
Revthought

Post by Revthought »

ORIGINAL: Olorin

Plus, what Encircled said; time! (more than two months I hope).

I am willing to lose every single unit up there if Japan commits major forces for the next few months.
If the KB is in NoPac, then she is not in SE Asia [;)]

p.s. Toyohara has 520 resource factories and 40 Light Industry. Shikuka has 31 oil.

That's a fair enough point. I'm not sure how I would react as a Japanese player (having never played Japan myself); however, my gut intuition would be that, while I still had the ability to, I would need to get you out of those islands. Not doing so is doom in that it makes strategic bombing of Japan proper possible before 1943.

The KB is too far away for this, but my inclination would be to try and throw something together before the invasion bonus wears off. Given that, I'd wager an over reaction on his part.

I cannot believe he had no naval search. That's crazy.

PS

Did you run any recon on those islands prior to the invasion force's covering carriers getting close enough? If so, how did you do it? Do you have range from the Aleutians? To me, any air recon missions in weird places would have caused me to over reinforce those places.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

I doubt recon of the invaded points was needed. Olorin was keeping tabs on the Japanese units in every theatre and would have known that no strong units were left to hold the invasion points. Strongest would have been Karafuto mixed brigade at Toyohara.
Encircled

Post by Encircled »

Defo Japanese emergency reinforcements triggered by this Olorin.

Revthought

Post by Revthought »

I doubt recon of the invaded points was needed. Olorin was keeping tabs on the Japanese units in every theatre and would have known that no strong units were left to hold the invasion points. Strongest would have been Karafuto mixed brigade at Toyohara.

I definitely could not do that. :D Now that Kamikazes are turned on, do they stay on, even if the territory in question falls back into Japanese hands?
BillBrown

Post by BillBrown »

ORIGINAL: Revthought

I definitely could not do that. :D Now that Kamikazes are turned on, do they stay on, even if the territory in question falls back into Japanese hands?
Kamikazis do not activate until 1/1/44

Return to “After Action Reports”