Withdrawl of Aircraft Groups

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Geoff Farthing

Withdrawl of Aircraft Groups

Post by Geoff Farthing »

Hi, Any help would be appreciated. I have been unable to withdraw / disband some aircraft groups for some time now and hence gain no political points. I have about six stacked up with no way of removing them, If new ones are added to the list I can remove but am stuck with these, Thanks
geofflambert

RE: Withdrawl of Aircraft Groups

Post by geofflambert »

This is best handled in the main forum, you'll get more responses. The usual reasons are the units are not complete, some fragment exists elsewhere or you have not moved the units within range of a national home base. If you are Japanese, for instance, they need to be in the home islands for you to withdraw them. If this doesn't solve your problem take some screenshots of the units in question and post them in the main forum.

Geoff Farthing

Post by Geoff Farthing »

Thanks Geoff, will try as you suggest, I am playing the USA with Japan as AI, appreciate your prompt response.[:)]
GI Jive

Post by GI Jive »

If you start the game with "No Unit Withdrawls" turned on in the Game Options screen you can't change it later. I ran into the same issue a while back.
Geoff Farthing

Post by Geoff Farthing »

Thanks GI
Ian R

Post by Ian R »

Moving them to a different base often assists. [edit: What Geoff said.]

EG - if you want to disband* the two Hong Kong flights on day 1, you can move them to, I think, Kweilen and save the pilots.

[*It might be a better idea to keep moving them all the way to India and set them up as training units, though; any fragments will catch up eventually.]

If all else fails load them on a slow, already heavily damaged, xAK and set sail for Truk at full speed. Better still if the xAK is short of fuel.
"I am Alfred"
Geoff Farthing

Post by Geoff Farthing »

Thanks again Geoff, Yes I had groups scattered all over the place but did not realize it, sorted now except for one stuck in central China.

Yes Ian, Sounds like a good plan fast damaged XAK to a danger zone, like it.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

You should be able to disband the aircraft in China and then the Parent Unit would be eligible to withdraw if all the other conditions are met.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Geoff Farthing

Post by Geoff Farthing »

Thanks BB, Getting on top of it now [:)]

Return to “Tech Support”