Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in this game

Get ready for Mark H. Walker's Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad. This is the first complete computer game in the Lock ‘n Load series, covering the battles in and around Stalingrad during World War II.
maitrebongo

Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in this game

Post by maitrebongo »

Module #1 : Cold war module version 1.0

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

It is composed by the assembly of boardgames Heroes of the Gap, Honneur et Patrie and A Ring of Hills published by Lock 'n Load Publishing.
These are the first versions of these games that served as the basis for the Mods I created but since the series has been completely redone and I encourage you to visit the Lock 'n Load Publishing website to see the progress made on the latest Versions named Lock 'n Load Tactical:

This is here.

I own some of them and sincerely it's worth it, if only for the pleasure of my eyes.

I always hope that Lock 'n Load Publishing will release professional digital versions of their games and that they will take the place of my modules which are a little tinkered (Look what they have done with Tank on Tank Digital : Look here - This is exactly what I dream about in terms of graphic quality.).

How to install this module:

Due to the limitations of the original program, this module must be considered as a new game in its own right.

1 - To install it properly, you need to make a copy of the original Heroes of Stalingrad installation folder that is located in the c:/Matrix Games folder.

2 - Then, you must delete all the files in the Maps folder of this new installation. (These are the original scenarios, they are no longer compatible with the new game.)

3 - Then you can extract all the files from the archive to the new installation folder by replacing all the files.

4 - You can now playing this new game by clicking on LockNLoad.exe in the new installation folder.

Module #2 : Heroes of the Pacific version 1.0

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

It is composed of the Heroes of the Pacific module published by Lock 'n Load Publishing.
This the first version of this games that served as the basis for the Mod I created but since the series has been completely redone and I encourage you to visit the Lock 'n Load Publishing website to see the progress made on the latest Version named Lock 'n Load Tactical:

This is here.

I own some of them and sincerely it's worth it, if only for the pleasure of my eyes.

I always hope that Lock 'n Load Publishing will release professional digital versions of their games and that they will take the place of my module which is a little tinkered (Look what they have done with Tank on Tank Digital : Look here - This is exactly what I dream about in terms of graphic quality.).

Due to the limitations of the original program, this module must be considered as a new game in its own right.

1 - To install it properly, you need to make a copy of the original Heroes of Stalingrad installation folder that is located in the c:/Matrix Games folder.

2 - Then, you must delete all the files in the Maps folder of this new installation. (These are the original scenarios, they are no longer compatible with the new game.)

3 - Then you can extract all the files from the archive to the new installation folder by replacing all the files.

4 - You can now playing this new game by clicking on LockNLoad.exe in the new installation folder.

Module #3 : Vietnam module version 1.1

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

It is composed of the Forgotten Heroes of Vietnam, ANZAC Attack published by Lock 'n Load Publishing and French and Viet Mhin published by French magazin Vae Victis.
These are the first versions of these games that served as the basis for the Mods I created but since the series has been completely redone and I encourage you to visit the Lock 'n Load Publishing website to see the progress made on the latest Versions named Lock 'n Load Tactical:

This is here.

I always hope that Lock 'n Load Publishing will release professional digital versions of their games and that they will take the place of my modules which are a little tinkered (Look what they have done with Tank on Tank Digital : Look here - This is exactly what I dream about in terms of graphic quality.).

Attention New version 1.1 patch notes :

- Added 6 scenarios from original boardgame
- Added MapBoard 29, 30, 31, 32, 38 from Heroes of The Pacific
- Corrected right era cards pictures
- Corrected the bug of the wrong direction of french vehicles arrow

Module #4 : West Front Early War module version 1.0

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

It is composed of the Heroes of the Blitzkrieg and In Defeat Defiance modules published by Lock 'n Load Publishing.

This is here.

Module #5 : West Front Late War module version 1.0

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

It is composed of the Band of Heroes, Swift and Bold and Noville Bastogne Outpost modules published by Lock 'n Load Publishing.

This is here.

Module #7 : Cry Havoc module version 1.0

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD

This is an adaptation of the well known boardgame Cry Havoc, with all the maps, all the counters and (for now) few scenarios (others comming very soon).

"Impossible is not French" Napoleon Bonaparte
maitrebongo

RE: Be able to play all the original Lnl boardgames in this game

Post by maitrebongo »

Hi,

Since the appearance of this game, my wish was to be able to play all the original modules of Lock'n load that I own with this game engine because of the difficulty of finding human opponents and the time to deploy all the material on my table.

So I created mods that allow me to do this and it works rather well (making some adaptations on the specificities of each module, of course).

It has been several years since this game is no longer really supported by its developers and I think they will never publish a sequel to this episode.

So I decided to post here the mods I made so that the whole community who still plays this game can enjoy it.

The modules I have realized are:

- Heroes of the Blitzkrieg

- In defeat Defiance

- Band of Heroes

- Swift and Bolt

- Noville Bastogne Outpost

- Heroes of the Pacific

- Forgotten Heroes Vietnam

- Heroes of the Gap

- Honneur et Patrie

- A Ring of Hill

It is distressing to note that with a little extra effort, the developers could have arrived at this result (and even much more)... Too bad.

I'm reorganizing the files that make up these modules and make them to fit for a clean installation.
In the coming weeks, I will post them at the top of this topic.

I hope there are still people playing this game.
Cataphract88

Post by Cataphract88 »

Brilliant! That sounds great, I always loved this game. [&o][&o][&o]
Richard
budd

Post by budd »

Wow, thx...... Really looking forward to this.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
Cataphract88

Post by Cataphract88 »

ORIGINAL: **budd**

Wow, thx...... Really looking forward to this.

So am I.
Richard
maitrebongo

Post by maitrebongo »

Some screens to wait while I clean up the files.

maitrebongo

Post by maitrebongo »

I posted the first module. It is now possible to download it.
budd

Post by budd »

Just had time to download, install and open a scenario briefly. Your instructions were easy and spot on, seemed to work just fine. Hoping to get time this weekend to dig in more, thank you sir.

majandro

Post by majandro »

Great work! [&o]

Downloading for test.

Many Thanks
Wolfe1759

Post by Wolfe1759 »

Wow !!!

Great Work.
"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill
VPaulus

Post by VPaulus »

This should work with GME (Generic Mod Enabler):
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 47&t=27158

This way you don't need to delete the original game files.
Hailstone

Post by Hailstone »

Outstanding work! Makes me feel like a freeloader not being able to contribute but you have my respect.
Cataphract88

Post by Cataphract88 »

Thank you very much for making this available. [:)][:)][:)]
Richard
maitrebongo

Post by maitrebongo »

I continue my work of reassembling the different mods.
This weekend, it's the turn of the module Heroes of the pacific.

The misfortune is that it is a real mess on my hard drive and I can no longer find the scenarios files for Heroes of the pacific.

Since I resold my Heroes of the pacific gamebox (I hardly ever could play it alone ...), I did not think to make photocopies of the scenarios...
If a charitable soul could scan and send them to me by PM, it would be very nice and then I could integrate them again in the mod.

giffin

Post by giffin »

ORIGINAL: VPaulus

This should work with GME (Generic Mod Enabler):
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 47&t=27158

This way you don't need to delete the original game files.

This is Amazing I love HOS and have been waiting for more content and now we have it!!

Can you explain how the folder structure will work if we use the GME vs. Deleting and adding the New Game. I would rather not delete my HOS folders.

thank you!!
budd

Post by budd »

just make copy of the whole folder and delete map folder contents in the copied folder per instructions above then install and over write to the copied folder. then start via the exe in the copied folder, works like a charm. Im a big fan of jsme but with hopefully more scenarios coming youll just have to install anything new to copied folder. You dont delete anything from your original install.

giffin

Post by giffin »

ORIGINAL: **budd**

just make copy of the whole folder and delete map folder contents in the copied folder per instructions above then install and over write to the copied folder. then start via the exe in the copied folder, works like a charm. Im a big fan of jsme but with hopefully more scenarios coming youll just have to install anything new to copied folder. You dont delete anything from your original install.

Hey Budd,

Thanks for the instructions. All seems to work but Counters dont show up on screen when I get ready to play. Did I copy something wrong?
Signed,
Dyslexic
budd

Post by budd »

not sure, im not on my desktop to look at where my counters are. Since your working with a copy you try installing the mod and overwriting again. you could look in your original install of hos to see where the counters are located and check the same folder in your copy to see if the mod counters are in there. Did you install to the main hos copy folder? mine is named heroes of stalingrad- copy. do you see the new scenarios in the scenario list?

giffin

Post by giffin »

Yes I moved them to the "Art" Then "Counters" files and didnt work. I will try again tomorrow when my eyes can refocus. Thank for Help any way Budd!
budd

Post by budd »

you shouldnt have to move anything. let me step by step this. 1. copy the main HOS folder. 2. paste the copy of the whole folder somewhere. 3. go into copied folder, then into the map folder and delete the contents of the map folder.4 unzip the mod file into the main HOS copied folder, say yes to overwriting files. at this point everything should be in place and you just need to double click on the game exe. in the copied hos folder. Your working on a copy so no worries about hurting anything. Im sure JSME will work, i havent looked at the file structure of the mod yet.

Return to “Lock ‘n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad”