Unable to find PW data self help didnt work

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Ironpawz

Unable to find PW data self help didnt work

Post by Ironpawz »

I have the dreaded "unable to find PW data error". I tried self help.

Confirmed the
pwhexe.dat file is in the main folder.

I placed the game in a "D:\Games" folder

Target "D:\Games\WITP\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe"
Start in D:\Games\WITP

Turned on run as admin, and compatible mode for Windows 8 checked- currently I am running Windows 10 Home.

Any help appreciated.

Salute.
witpqs

RE: Unable to find PW data self help didnt work

Post by witpqs »

That looks right to my eye. Did you re-type it for the post or copy and paste it in? If you re-typed it, then maybe the original has a subtle error that you didn't notice. All I can think of right now.
Ironpawz

Post by Ironpawz »

Thanks for looking at it witpqs, I did copy and paste.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

The game install calls the folder \War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\" , NOT WITP.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
witpqs

Post by witpqs »

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

The game install calls the folder \War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\" , NOT WITP.
But if he didn't install to "WITP", how did the game even run to come up with the pw data not found message?
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: witpqs

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

But if he didn't install to "WITP", how did the game even run to come up with the pw data not found message?
Before I got my shortcut working, I navigated to the game folder and double clicked the games .EXE file. Otherwise, you almost had me there!

PW data implies some kind of difference between versions of game and scenario or the install location.
I think one user had the problem when he did not install the original game before trying out the official update.
We need a detailed description of the install steps taken and add-ons (like map versions and unofficial scenarios).
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Ironpawz

Post by Ironpawz »

Yes, I downloaded the game from the member club, registered games list, it called the folder that (WITP), I can rename and re-try, just to cross it off the list. I tried to load the game from the actual exe file in the game folder, instead of the short cut, still got the missing PW data, I might need to open a support ticket. Thanks all for the attempted assistance.

Salute

Ironpawz

Post by Ironpawz »

Update, I submitted via a tech ticket, they got back to me with a better? download location, download worked perfectly problem resolved. Thanks all for the assistance.

Return to “Tech Support”