The Gorn Supremacy; stock AW1Steve v. geofflambert

Post descriptions of your brilliant victories and unfortunate defeats here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

MakeeLearn

RE: The Gorn Supremacy; stock AW1Steve v. geofflambert

Post by MakeeLearn »

Carjacking with a BB gun? Wouldn't that fall under Maritime Law. Was the vehicle a white 4-whaler ?

Attachments
untitled.jpg
untitled.jpg (15.75 KiB) Viewed 146 times

RevRick

Post by RevRick »

ORIGINAL: Canoerebel

This AAR didn't even get started before it got hijacked! No boring House Rules. No vows to vigorously slow the Japanese expansion. No reciting of a Pearl Harbor attack with seven damaged battleships that won't be participating in bombardments for a year. We've veered into a master's course in literature!

I tried reading it (TWICE - required for English Majors as penance for choosing to study literature) and had to BS my way through it each time. Second Prof caught on to it and gave me a "C?" for trying. He also said it was stultifying reading. Found out he is a 22nd cousin 13 times removed or some such BS! Took it out of every reading list since and replaced it with "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" College kids loved it!
"Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

ORIGINAL: adarbrauner

Aritophanes' recollection is identical to an older Israelite-Jewish traditional exegesis of the creation of first man and woman, according to which man and woman were created at one sole body at the beginning, two headed and two faced, but then G- separated them. Therefore they keep seeking one for the lost part of the other to completion.

Ahab himself is named, seemingly not unpurpotedly, after the biblical King Ahab, a double faceted personality, who was at time dubbed as a the greatest blasphemer, at time as a truly repentant one.

[X(][&:][X(]

Where's your 'whut' meme now, Colorado boy? [:D]

[:D]

Attachments
th.jpg
th.jpg (8.51 KiB) Viewed 146 times
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

3 pages and STILL no idea whatinheck this thread is all about. Leave it to The Gorn... er... Man [:'(]
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

3 pages and STILL no idea whatinheck this thread is all about. Leave it to The Gorn... er... Man [:'(]
From the picture in the post above it looks like even Spock cannot find any logic in it! YESSSSS! FOW (fog of writing) succeeds!
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Orm

Post by Orm »

ORIGINAL: MakeeLearn

While we wait for the main feature......

[&o]
Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Orm

ORIGINAL: MakeeLearn

While we wait for the main feature......

[&o]
Yes, we need a new category of special people - the Trans-species couple ....
I heard you can get arrested in some states for that!
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Not in Nevada. Not that I have any personal experience there.

RevRick

Post by RevRick »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

Not in Nevada. Not that I have any personal experience there.

The idea boggles my mind. Could you imagine the Defensive Tackle such an offspring would make!? Of course, it would be an unsportsmanslike conduct penalty to take a hunk out of a blocker, though!
"Action springs not from thought, but from a readiness for responsibility.” ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

You'd be surprised at which one gets pregnant. He'll ask "Does this amber tunic make me look fat?"

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

I usually respond "No, but those black highwater bellbottoms have got to go.

RevRick

Post by RevRick »

Never could get into those bells - Wore them for two long in seafarers and chambrays, and they looked ridiculous as hell on Capt. Kirk, Bones, etc! Officers would probably never have worn dungarees with bells on them unless it was in Boot Camp. Of course, it was the 60-70s.
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

Attachments
thstart.jpg
thstart.jpg (11.44 KiB) Viewed 146 times
MakeeLearn

Post by MakeeLearn »

Late... Late .... Late night movie

Attachments
6j0fhl.jpg
6j0fhl.jpg (532.44 KiB) Viewed 146 times

Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

Makee with the pew pew pew lizard!
Macclan5

Post by Macclan5 »

Subscribed for humor alone [8D]

Soldiers, Sailors and Airmen of the Gorn Expeditionary Forces:

You are about to embark upon the Great Crusade, toward which we have striven these many months. The eyes of the world are upon you. The hopes and prayers of liberty-loving Gorn's everywhere march with you. In company with our brave Allies and Gorns-in-arms on other Fronts you will bring about the destruction of the AW1 war machine, the elimination of AW1 tyranny over oppressed peoples of the Pacific, and security for ourselves in a greater Gorn Co-Prosperity world.

Your task will not be an easy one. Your enemy is well trained, well equipped and battle-hardened. He will fight savagely.

My due apologies to the memory and heirs of Ike.
A People that values its privileges above it's principles will soon loose both. Dwight D Eisenhower.
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

It's also not too early for the Gorn to start working on his "Failed Invasion" letter. Just in case. I propose the following:

People of Earth...erm...dear Allied-types,

We really screwed the pooch on that one, didn't we? I take responsibility. I sucked. I mean I just sucked. I've seen guys suck before, but I was the suckiest suck that ever sucked.

Well, I've withdrawn the troops. Those that are left. Survivors will be sent to other units for additional training. Wounded will be eaten.

End communication.
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

It's also not too early for the Gorn to start working on his "Failed Invasion" letter. Just in case. I propose the following:

We really screwed the pooch on that one, didn't we? I take responsibility. I sucked. I mean I just sucked. I've seen guys suck before, but I was the suckiest suck that ever sucked.

Well, I've withdrawn the troops. Those that are left. Survivors will be sent to other units for additional training. Wounded will be eaten.

End communication.

Attachments
thstart.jpg
thstart.jpg (15.5 KiB) Viewed 146 times
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

End communication.

It's impossible for us to suck. We don't really have lips. Because of that and the snaggle teeth guy gorns are not very big on intimacy.

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Note to the reader: Imagine Morgan Freeman is reading this to you

No one would have believed in the last years of the nineteenth century that this world was being watched keenly and closely by intelligences greater than man's and yet as mortal as his own; that as men busied themselves about their various concerns they were scrutinized and studied, perhaps almost as narrowly as a man with a microscope might scrutinize the transient creatures that swarm and multiply in a drop of water. With infinite complacency men went to and fro over this globe about their little affairs, serene in their assurance of their empire over matter. It is possible that the infusoria under the microscope do the same. No one gave a thought to the older worlds of space as sources of human peril, or thought of them only to dismiss the idea of life upon them as impossible or improbable. It is curious to recall some of the mental habits of those departed days. At most terrestrial men fancied there might be other men upon Gorn, perhaps inferior to themselves and ready to welcome a missionary enterprise. Yet across the gulf of space, minds that are to our minds as ours are to those of the beasts that perish, intellects vast and cool and unsympathetic, regarded this earth with envious eyes, and slowly and surely drew their plans against us. And midway through the twentieth century came the great disillusionment.

The planet Gorn, known on Earth as Lacerta Alpha 4 in the constellation Chamaeleontis, I scarcely need remind the reader, revolves about its star at a mean distance of 140,000,000 miles, and the light and heat it receives from its sun is barely half of that received by this world. It must be, if the nebular hypothesis has any truth, older than our world; and long before this world ceased to be molten, life upon its surface must have begun its course. The fact that it is scarcely one seventh of the volume of the Earth must have accelerated its cooling to the temperature at which life could begin. It has air and water and all that is necessary for the support of animated existence.

cue animated existence:

Attachments
shivasdanceii.gif
shivasdanceii.gif (113.01 KiB) Viewed 146 times

Return to “After Action Reports”