I found a bug

Fury Games has now signed with Matrix Games, and we are working together on the next Strategic Command. Will use the Slitherine PBEM++ server for asynchronous multi-player.

Moderators: MOD_Strategic_Command_3, Fury Software

Steely Glint

I found a bug

Post by Steely Glint »

In a game where Poland held out for an unusually long time, and in which the Russians joined the Allies very unusually early, Russian units were unable to enter Poland even though Russia was allied with Poland.

Please fix.
“It was a war of snap judgments and binary results—shoot or don’t, live or die.“

Wargamer since 1967. Matrix customer since 2003.
BillRunacre

RE: I found a bug

Post by BillRunacre »

Hi

I've run a test in Hotseat mode by declaring war on the USSR in the first turn, and in the Allied turn Red Army units can march into Poland, so that is working as expected.

However, if you're trying to Operate Red Army units into Poland that isn't possible, as Poland would never have voluntarily allowed the Red Army to do so.

Hopefully that explains what you've seen?

Bill
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/
crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

Is this due to Polish and Italian non-belligerency?
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

Steely Glint

Post by Steely Glint »

ORIGINAL: Bill Runacre

Hi

I've run a test in Hotseat mode by declaring war on the USSR in the first turn, and in the Allied turn Red Army units can march into Poland, so that is working as expected.

However, if you're trying to Operate Red Army units into Poland that isn't possible, as Poland would never have voluntarily allowed the Red Army to do so.

Hopefully that explains what you've seen?

Bill

No, Bill. The Poles never surrendered and managed to hang on until the Russians decided to join the Allies. There was no DOW against Russia, I got a message that the Russians were preparing for war and then one next turn that that had joined the Allies. After this I tried to advance Russian infantry, on foot, normal movement, into Poland but they could not cross the border into Poland.

Make a strong enough Poland with the editor to last, and then use all the Allied dip chips on Russia and watch what happens. Russia joins the Allies but then cannot cross the Polish border. Bug.
“It was a war of snap judgments and binary results—shoot or don’t, live or die.“

crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

Is USSR at war with anyone or are they just 100% allied leaning?
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

crispy131313

Post by crispy131313 »

I just looked at the belligerence scripts and Italy automatically declares war on USSR when both are at war. Italy however does not have a belligerence script for Poland (not surrendered) which would mean that Poland and USSR have different belligerence variables activated.

If I remember correctly if USSR is at war with Italy but Poland is not then USSR units can not enter Poland. Is this correct? Could you see what would happen if Italy declared war on Poland and if that will allow USSR troops to march into friendly Polish territory?
Fall Weiss II - SC3 Mod
tm.asp?m=4183873

Steely Glint

Post by Steely Glint »

Russia was at war with Germany. Italy was neutral. Russia could not DOW Poland, because they were both Allied, and could not DOW Germany as they were already at war. The solution was for Russia to DOW Romania. Hungary and Bulgaria then jumped in, and all bets were off, and Russian units could march into Poland and everywhere else. Italy is about to join the war (next turn). Should be fun.

BillRunacre

Post by BillRunacre »

Hi

This is rather intriguing, and I thought crispy131313 might have been on to something, but now I'm not so sure if the USSR was also at war with Germany.

Can you email me a save turn, preferably zipped, from your game so I can take a look?

Please send it to bill.runacre@furysoftware.com

Thanks

Bill
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FurySoftware

We're also on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/FurySoftware/

Return to “Strategic Command WWII War in Europe”