Where is PP budget saved?

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

Bullwinkle58

RE: Where is PP budget saved?

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

We tried the name the old orders file switcheroo, and got the edited scenario to show on my side in the Preferences tab. No DB error messages, so fingers crossed.
The Moose
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

ORIGINAL: Bullwinkle58

We are still having a great deal of trouble making this scheme work.
ORIGINAL: General Patton

First open the editor. Then select scenario 1 and save to any open slot after 25, with a name, such as Scenario 1 with more PP's. Then change the PP's and save again. Then open the new scenario and then the save. Hopefully it worked. Resave and send to the Moose....GP

The editor work is fine. Where I get confused is the save scheme after.

So the edited scenario is Scenario 026. Japan opens that. Does Japan then SAVE it in a save slot, close the game, then move the saved, old orders .pws to the Save folder and rename it ? Or what? How do you get the orders file open in the new edited scenario environment? After it is open (and verdugo94 has confirmed he did not close out the orders with the red button), it's easy to go from there. But I don't quite get how you meld the scenario to the old, saved orders.

The slots for game saves are different from the scenario slots. So just get your scenario set up in the same slot and then play the game normally.
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

Nah, didn't work.

We're just going with 50 PP and dumping the border HR.

Thanks for everyone's help.
The Moose
LargeSlowTarget

Post by LargeSlowTarget »

There are only a few things the editor will allow to change in a game in progress - in most cases a restart is required. For the things allowed to change in a game in progress, you need to apply the database update in-game (link in the options when editing during a turn in progress or "yes" to the prompt when loading a saved game). However, I doubt that changing the scenario slot is possible for a game in progress. I also doubt that changing the amount of daily PPs in a game in progress is allowed. I have successfully changed the ship type of ship classes (e.g. from DD to APD) in a game in progress, and I believe it is possible to update certain values for devices and aircraft, but that's about it. This is to prevent cheating in PBEM games.

Bullwinkle58

Post by Bullwinkle58 »

ORIGINAL: LargeSlowTarget

There are only a few things the editor will allow to change in a game in progress - in most cases a restart is required. For the things allowed to change in a game in progress, you need to apply the database update in-game (link in the options when editing during a turn in progress or "yes" to the prompt when loading a saved game). However, I doubt that changing the scenario slot is possible for a game in progress. I also doubt that changing the amount of daily PPs in a game in progress is allowed. I have successfully changed the ship type of ship classes (e.g. from DD to APD) in a game in progress, and I believe it is possible to update certain values for devices and aircraft, but that's about it. This is to prevent cheating in PBEM games.

We thought we could do it since the orders were "open" (not red-buttoned) and for Dec. 7th. No Allied inputs yet at all, and no replay file generated. Couldn't make it work.
The Moose

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”