OT Things to ponder

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

geofflambert

RE: OT Things to ponder

Post by geofflambert »

I took Gen Patton's advice I added a switch and it did indeed solve the scrolling problem. edit: I meant checking the Tech forum thread. The -dd_sw switch fixed it.

"C:\Matrix Games\War in the Pacific Admiral's Edition\Beta2\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -fd -altfont -px1920 -py1080 -archive -cpu1 -w -dd_sw

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Now, I added the -deepColor switch but don't see any differance. Whatever. But in windows mode the window is actually for some reason a wee bit bigger than the screen. I probably need to adjust the screen size but it just seems it would be easiest to get out of windows mode. Removing the -w switch doesn't work and returns an error. Here's a screen grab of how it appears when I start up, the "- box x" part of the top tool bar is obscured outside of the screen.

Attachments
ScreenHunt..1612.22.jpg
ScreenHunt..1612.22.jpg (237.46 KiB) Viewed 53 times

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

If I pull it down to expose those, the Windows toolbar covers the bottom part of the game screen. I used to never use that part but I'd like to have the option. See below:

Attachments
ScreenHunt..1612.22.jpg
ScreenHunt..1612.22.jpg (320.62 KiB) Viewed 53 times

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

If I could just stop using windows mode that would probably make it ok. What do I put in in place of "-w"?

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

I figure I need to throw in a babe for your help.

Attachments
babea.jpg
babea.jpg (325.45 KiB) Viewed 53 times

Zorch

Post by Zorch »

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

I figure I need to throw in a babe for your help.

Talk about bombshells!
btd64

Post by btd64 »

Try;

-fd

In place of -w
Full screen and daily save....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

And change the Windows options so it is not Always On Top (nod at BBfanboy [;)] )
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

ORIGINAL: Lecivius

And change the Windows options so it is not Always On Top (nod at BBfanboy [;)] )

How do I do that? I've got the full screen working now, and I noticed that with a combination of hitting the escape key and dragging the toolbar at top sometimes returned me to my desktop without losing the game, but I couldn't figure out a consistent way of doing that. Would be really convenient if I could figure that out.

geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

Here's a Britt for you

Attachments
brittekland.jpg
brittekland.jpg (414.61 KiB) Viewed 53 times

Zorch

Post by Zorch »

But Britt's a Swede!

Attachments
britt.jpg
britt.jpg (84.08 KiB) Viewed 53 times
Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

How do I do that? I've got the full screen working now, and I noticed that with a combination of hitting the escape key and dragging the toolbar at top sometimes returned me to my desktop without losing the game, but I couldn't figure out a consistent way of doing that. Would be really convenient if I could figure that out.

Attachments
th.jpg
th.jpg (80.99 KiB) Viewed 53 times
Chickenboy

Post by Chickenboy »

ORIGINAL: Zorch
Talk about bombshells!

How about those contact fuses? [X(]
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

ORIGINAL: Zorch
Talk about bombshells!

How about those contact fuses? [X(]
[;)] You wouldn't have to be James Bond to figure out the key combination.
BBfanboy

Post by BBfanboy »

Why the nod at me? I can nod off all by myself! [>:]
No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth
geofflambert

Post by geofflambert »

So I went to Jury Duty and took a new book to start, Pacific Crucible. I know that lots of people think they're more literate than me (I learned this from Percy Dovetonsils) and Ian is probably one of them, but he used the following construction: "an history". Now we have both the word "a" and the word "an" for a reason. It's not because if you use the wrong one and step on a tile on the floor that causes you to fall into a dungeon. It's about sound. Some think that you use "an" before a vowel, and "a" before a consonant. I wonder if they know that "y" can be either one or the other? They are half right, but it matters not what letter was pressed in ink upon a piece of paper but what the sound is. It should in all cases be "a history" because in that case the "h" is most definitely a consonant. It should be "an hour" as the "h" in that case is silent, it is a mere ornament. This is so because the intercession of the "n" between two vowels helps one distinguish that there are two words, not one. For instance, "ahistorical" is a word but what does it sound like? It means 'not historical' and we pronounce the 'a', "not", as a short a, whereas when we say "a historical" we pronounce the the "a" as a long a. I always run into people who disagree for some unintelligible reason but as soon as I'm done smiting AW1Steve I will be Emperor of the Earth and everyone will have to do as I say and think as I tell them to.

Now I ran into an interesting quote in Toll's book from an editorial in the San Francisco Chronicle not long after the Great San Francisco Earthquake referencing difficulties finding school infrastructure for children and considerations about, let's say, the rationing of the available resources vis-a-vis immigrant children. The SF Chronicle was a Hearst newspaper and you may know that he was the inspiration for "Citizen Kane". He was also a very bad boy at times, a rabble-rouser, militarist and nationalist. The quote is "Japan sent us not her fittest, but her unfittest; she has sent us the scum that has collected up on the surface of the boiling waters of her new national life, the human waste material for which she herself can find no use." Sounds eerily familiar but I can't place it at the moment.

Lecivius

Post by Lecivius »

So I went to Jury Duty and took a new book to start, Pacific Crucible. I know that lots of people think they're more literate than me (I learned this from Percy Dovetonsils) and Ian is probably one of them, but he used the following construction: "an history". Now we have both the word "a" and the word "an" for a reason. It's not because if you use the wrong one and step on a tile on the floor that causes you to fall into a dungeon. It's about sound. Some think that you use "an" before a vowel, and "a" before a consonant. I wonder if they know that "y" can be either one or the other? They are half right, but it matters not what letter was pressed in ink upon a piece of paper but what the sound is. It should in all cases be "a history" because in that case the "h" is most definitely a consonant. It should be "an hour" as the "h" in that case is silent, it is a mere ornament. This is so because the intercession of the "n" between two vowels helps one distinguish that there are two words, not one. For instance, "ahistorical" is a word but what does it sound like? It means 'not historical' and we pronounce the 'a', "not", as a short a, whereas when we say "a historical" we pronounce the the "a" as a long a. I always run into people who disagree for some unintelligible reason but as soon as I'm done smiting AW1Steve I will be Emperor of the Earth and everyone will have to do as I say and think as I tell them to.

Now I ran into an interesting quote in Toll's book from an editorial in the San Francisco Chronicle not long after the Great San Francisco Earthquake referencing difficulties finding school infrastructure for children and considerations about, let's say, the rationing of the available resources vis-a-vis immigrant children. The SF Chronicle was a Hearst newspaper and you may know that he was the inspiration for "Citizen Kane". He was also a very bad boy at times, a rabble-rouser, militarist and nationalist. The quote is "Japan sent us not her fittest, but her unfittest; she has sent us the scum that has collected up on the surface of the boiling waters of her new national life, the human waste material for which she herself can find no use." Sounds eerily familiar but I can't place it at the moment.

[:D]

Attachments
th.jpg
th.jpg (8.51 KiB) Viewed 53 times
btd64

Post by btd64 »

I think he's off his meds....GP
Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester
DW2-Alpha/Beta Tester
New Game Development Team

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton
Zorch

Post by Zorch »

I'm afraid to ask - what meds would a Gorn take? Are they natural meds? Approved by the Gorn FDA? What's the Gorn equivalent of LSD?
AW1Steve

Post by AW1Steve »

When your done smiting me? Dude , I'll be in a nursing home before you launch a single electron! Is this some kind of pathetic lizard trash talk? Admit it, you know I'm going to destroy you! You know it, and your just green with envy! [:D][:D]

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”